1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmer Fredette anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, Feb 25, 2014.

1. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Perfect for the Rockets

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Why not sign this young man? Not like we are getting anything of value from the PG position with Scrub Bev and Lawson. At least Jimmer can shoot the ball. Would play well of Harden. I personally think the Rockets should just go all offense the rest of the season since they aren't playing good team Defense.

3. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Jimmer is garbage, end of story.

4. Ns575

Ns575 Member

#youvegonemad

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I agree, give him a shot if we trade Lawson. That would mean Beverley starts, Terry backs him up and Jimmer can be the 3rd PG off the bench.

We need more dead-eye shooters and while he wasn't able to display that on a consistent basis in the NBA, I feel like he will eventually find his shooting touch in the league and be a good 10-15th player on a roster.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

38% three point shooter who is terrible at everything else? Nah, I'm good.

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Jimmer sucks. How does this thread still have wings???

He will be out of the league in a year.

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

So Bev is a scrub now?

9. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

He's averaging 22.6 ppg, 4.8 apg, and 4.5 rpg in the D-League this year.

He had 35 points in the D-League All-Star game.

Is he the right piece to bring in? Don't know. He's a shooter tho. Maybe going to the D-League helped him regain some of his confidence. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him. Clearly what the Rockets have now isn't working. He'd be a solid person to come off the bench or even next to Harden if he can play at an NBA level.

10. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

He can't, he's had plenty of chances and failed.

11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Our problem is primarily defensive, no? We are a top 10 offensive team. Adding a shooter who can't defend is almost certainly going to make us worse. It's why Troy Daniels, despite being a lights out shooter, may be out of the league in a year or two if he doesn't step it up defensively.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Always has been. He was tolerable because of his Defense but now he can't even do that. ALmost always makes the wrong pass. Has no awareness. Doesn't do one thing Above average.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm not saying that Jimmy should be brought in, but here's the thing. He actually has a skill set that this team really needs. Yeah, his defense etc is subpar... But name a backcourt player on this team who's defense isn't. Bev and who else?

I know we're all just fans. But this is what annoys me the most about this team. The decisions just don't make sense. Your team shoots a lot of threes. A guy is available that can hit them at a high clip, but he's mediocre at best with everything else. You don't sign him because of that mediocrity, but everyone else on the team is just as mediocre AND can't shoot threes.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Eh...

He shot 19% from 3 for the Pelicans last year in 10 mpg. That team really needed outside shooting, but he just sucked. Plus, he reportedly has a big ego.

This Spurs gave him a chance this past offseason and they ended up letting him go. I imagine if there was anything to salvage they would have done so.

I'd rather bring him in to perform trick shots during halftime.

15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Thank the lord your not the rockets GM.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is the same team that dumped Troy Daniels who was making next to nothing. Troy D on this team would be the best and purest 3 point gunner

Front office just does random things at times

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

One day....One day... :cool:

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Troy Daniels can't guard anyone and if he can't improve his D, he won't be an NBA player for long. He wouldn't help us where we really need it - ball movement, defense, and rebounding.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Knicks plan to sign Jimmer Fredette with their open roster spot, league sources tell ESPN. Story coming.</p>&mdash; Ian Begley (@IanBegley) <a href="https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/700768623044866048">February 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Jimmersanity.