1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What has Dwight done to be this hated by everybody?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kidhoward12, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

For the record, I never said run the offense through Howard. I said "get the ball through Howard more". I didn't say substitute every 3 pointer for a Howard post-up shot, either. I understand it's a balancing act. I think Howard can be involved more than he is and there are more opportunities for easy buckets down low instead of just settling for 3 pointers.

2. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I don't hate him. But man he pisses me off. I have season tix, upper level in the middle and I can see so much more. D-13 is soooo f'ng lazy when it's time to run up the court. Run Forrest Run!!! If he ran more then half the time he could get more stops, more rebounds, more blocks and probably miss more free throws too. He also makes some of the dumbest fouls of any established player in the league. He is the man when we wants to be, but he only wants to be that some of the times. Nice guys don't win. See ya!

3. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

D-12 not 13

4. seeingred

seeingred Member

Dwight had a good run here. Never understood the hate. Even with the Magic - so he decided to stay with his team for the last year of his contract. That makes him a Dwightmare flip flopper? It's a big decision and he's allowed to change his mind. Teams go back and forth on whether to trade a player or not - we never call the GM's flip floppers.

So he didn't think SVG could get them to the next level. Superstars initiate coaching changes all the time. It was less common then, i suppose, but there's no reason to think SVG is a championship level coach. That Orlando team Dwight drug to the finals was one of the worst teams to ever make it to the show.

The guy plays through injury, plays through hacks, single-handedly props up our defense, takes physical and mental abuse from opponents, and routinely outrebounds the best rebounders in the game. He can't hit FT's and he sets weak screens (afraid of offensive fouls and in too big of a rush to roll to the rim) but other than that, the guy is dominant. If he can put up 15/12 on 65% shooting with 2 blocks, i don't care what he does while he's on the bench. We're so caught up in the Kobe/MJ death stare idea that we forget guys like Magic Johnson could smile and laugh their way to success.

I think we have to trade him because this season is over, no one is beating GSW, we can't pay him the max next year, and there's every reason to think he'll go ring chasing. Houston used to be a decent place to chase a championship but, uh, well... here we are.

5. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

Idk if he is for sure gone. I say 30% chance he is.

6. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I don't see the winning mentality in Dwight.

He pisses me off because of all the ticky-tack fouls he draws on himself. Intentional fouling is part of the game but he always has to have the last shove or little push. I just think he's childish.

7. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

That's great

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

- has signed a max contract every time his entire career
    - not produced to what the contract suggests
    - 4th qtr liability
    - no post game
    - hack a.....
    - kobe hates him (all his fans back him up)
    - kobe and shaq valued the time together more after experiencing howard..
    - very low iq
    - makes reoccurring mistakes
    - refs hate him

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Face of an Angel

[​IMG]

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

It proved one shlt in America.

Sometime facts don't matter. That's why First Take is one of the top shows of ESPN while Grantland folded.

Many so called experts never watched the games, by looking at the box score or sometime they didn't even do that, just by perception or for the sake of public likeness, they will just speaking shlt they have no clue about.

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I don't get it either. I like the guy. I want him traded, but only because I want this entire team gutted and rebuilt. It has nothing to do with Dwight, who I think is incredibly talented and probably a pretty good guy to go along with it. I like Dwight, I just hate this team.

12. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Think you got the wrong player.

13. jk103

jk103 Member

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah, just one of two.

DD

15. RedHotRockets01

Maybe because he wont put a f**king lick of effort into running the pick n roll correctly. He literally sets the laziest picks on the team and does not roll to the basket with the efficiency necessary to make it work. I'm not sure if its out of spite for not being the focal point of the offense, but how could he be if in the playoffs, opponents will just foul him and force him to beat them at the charity stripe? Doesn't make sense. He needs to wake up and realize the only way to shut people up is by winning. By any means necessary! You don't have to say something verbally for people to know your intentions. Its called body language for a reason. Dude needs to tune out Chuck and Shaq and just do wtf he needs to do to win. Maybe its the injuries, the beating he'd take that accompanies setting proper picks which caused them, but he's just not down with it and it shows.

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

He's hated because the Media hates him for leaving their precious LA. You don't mess with their major markets.

17. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Well Dwight did screw over 2 teams in the NBA, so there's that. He's left every city he's played for on sour terms. I don't know how it will end here.

I hate to say it but mediocrity does seem to follow him in his career. The end of his tenure in Orlando, his run with the Lakers, and now here in Houston.

18. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

The laziest player i ever seen.

19. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

in 2008 2009 and 2010 playoffs he had 6 playoff series wins and his popularity was booming

but then

2011 playoffs: first round loss

2012 regular season: dwightmare begins, dwight opts in for another year

2012 playoffs: first round loss

offseason: dwight traded to lakers

2013 regular season: dwight hated by kobe who is the most popular player in the game at the time

2013 playoffs: first round loss

offseason: dwight leaves la for houston

2014 playoffs: first round loss

2015 playoffs: victories over dallas, la clippers

2016 rockets: underachieve epically

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Happens to all of us ... he grew old.

I don't think he is universally disliked. It's just a business where winning changes narratives, and losing too. In a business where only one team gets to win it all every year, there are many great players who never got to tastes a championship.

In the end, it's how you conduct yourself that matters. It's how you evaluate your own worth. At the end of the day, alone with yourself, do you like yourself? Can you live with the choices you made according to the information you had at the time?

Just be true to yourself, Dwight.