1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Lawson, Howard, Afflalo to New Orleans
    Gordon, Lopez, Calderon, Anderson to Houston
    Asik, Jones, Holiday to New York

Rockets line-up:
    Bev/Calderon
    Harden/Gordon
    Ariza/Brewer
    Anderson/DMo
    Lopez/Capela

2. basketballholic

Sad is bad. Don't stop believing it though. :cool:

3. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

First off, our return sucks, second why tf would we give NOLA Dwight??
    He and AD will murder us, they're in our division!

4. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Don't need a big trade.

Lou Williams, Bass, and Young for Lawson(wavied), Jones, and Dekker.

Lakers (obviously tanking) gets two young prospect and get out of Young's contract.

5. AnthonyJFranks

6. malakas

malakas Member

I think we have a Lakers fan invasion judging by the last two trade posts.

7. AnthonyJFranks

Nah man I bleed red..

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Feels pretty obvious that any trade Morey makes will be with keeping cap flexibility in mind for 2016 FA. I don't see Morey taking on any long term contracts unless it is a star player.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I kind of really like this trade.

One team nobody talks about much is Miami. Kind of makes sense at this point of his career to form an old man star trio with Wade & Bosh.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zluccdb

-Then for Philly, Gogi actually is a great fit there. He might not be thrilled about it, but its a great situation for him actually, and while losing Noel hurts their defense and athleticism around the rim, but from what I've seen lately I think that Jerami Grant can replace alot of what Noel does, and Holmes looks like a keeper too that needs more minutes. Add in another top pick this year or two and that team could take off quick next year.

-For Houston getting Noel in the deal is probably about as good as you can get. Nice young 5 who for Houston would do much of the same things Dwight is doing honestly, and he's got some room to improve. And he's cheap. McBob is a nice inexpensive PF with some passing ability. Kind of perfect for the Rockets.

While Noel & McBob don't have the star presence that Dwight has, they sort of fit a James Harden run and gun team almost more. Noel can play fast, and still protect the rim & Rebound. McBob has the skills lacking from the 4 spot over the past couple years. The Rockets aren't a contending team with this trade, but they might be a better offensive team that fly up and down with the best of them.

and honestly... if a Dwight Howard deal is going to get done, its probably going to be done by getting creative with a 3 or 4 team deal. Just not too many suitors out there, but I think Miami sort of makes sense, and they aren't getting nearly adequate value for Dragic now. He's never going to be great for them playing alongside their vet group playing the style they do.

-If Miami feels they need a better PG help to replace Dragic you place Marshall w/ Ish Smith & Canaan and the deal still works. Canaan is a very close player to Chalmers, and maybe you bring Ish off the bench. I dunno, but they probably get better value and two better fitting PG's to play on their roster with this trade.

#3269 dobro1229, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  10. do work son

do work son Member

can someone give me the logic in trading harden?

11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

The logic is that mediocrity is an amazing thing and we should all be nostalgic for 2010, the high point of the Houston Rockets franchise.

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

There is none present. All such ideas should be dismissed and ignored. :rolleyes:

13. basketballholic

Depends on if you're right or not. I'm eagerly awaiting that first rounder from Toronto, Sistah Narcy. :cool:

14. psman2

psman2 Member

The one trade to rule them all.

Houston in: Amir Johnson, Jeff Teague, Jerebko, Sefolosha, Olynyk, Bos 2016 1st, Dallas 2016 1st and Phili 2016 2nd.
    Houston out: Howard, Ariza, Beverly, Thorton

Boston in: Horford, Splitter, Thorton
    Boston out: Amir Johnson, Jerebko, Olynyk Bos 2016 1st, Dallas 2016 1st and Phili 2016 2nd.

Atlanta in: Howard, Ariza, Beverly
    Atlanta out: Horford, Splitter, Sefolosha, Teague

Why Houston:
    Pros: Get Teague to be the combo guard that hopefully finally works next to Harden. Enough talent with Amir and Olynyk to maybe stay in the playoff hunt this year. Maybe we take Lee instead of Amir if they feel they are getting enough value elsewhere. The draft picks. Saves money this year. Some Rockets fans would rather just have Horford over the picks/Olynyk but I don't want a weak rebouding C locked up one a huge contract or walks in FA. I would rather have the minor assets and cap room.

Cons: Lose out on Howard this year and having the inside track to resign him next year. Ariza is a fan favorite and his loss really hurts, would likely have to make another trade to get a decent SF. Bev fits with Harden and is one a decent contract. Have to pay 4m to Sefolosha next year.

Why Boston:
    Pros: Gets their man in Horford and keeps most win now pieces minus Olynyk. They have way too many draft picks this year and have to move them and most GMs are going to want more from Boston just because they have so many...it is human nature. Danny can stick to his guns but it is going to be hard to consolidate all the draft picks and get good value in return. Just look at what happened last year when they tried to move up. Most teams would not even give up a good 2nd rounders now for Rosier, Hunter, and Young: Your roster cannot fit more c level prospects on it if you are transitioning into a win now team. You need more vets and contributors.

Cons: Give some draft picks/Olynyk and take on Spliiter is the cost of getting Horford. They could pawn off Splitter with some on their other minor draft picks now or in the offseason.

Why Atlanta:
    Pros: If they don't trade Horford then they either resign him for 25m plus or loss him for nothing in FA. Atlanta has already seen what the best possible team is with Horford as the best player. If they resign him then they are going to be a mid-range playoff team only over the next four years. Howard fits better with Millsap and solves a lot of their rebounding problems. Ariza slides into their 3 spot perfectly and is a great decreasing contract. Bev also would be a great backup PG to Schroder. Get to dump Splitter's useless corpse is a huge plus too. The team is more balanced after trade and Howard would be playing for the best coach he has had in years. IF he is traded to Atlanta then his agent will already have the framework of a new deal in place. I think he is mature enough to want to come home and play and lead the Hawks now. He wanted the big markets earlier to help his brand but that ship has likely sailed., but now I think he just wants to win and get paid because that is the only way his brand ever has a shot at improving.

Cons: I think Horford/Howard swap is even and actually improves lineup balance for Atl.The biggest risk in Howard's contract. If they can agree to something like a 5/130m contract then I think the risk is worth it. They lose Teague but replace him with maybe better fitting pieces going forward.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

by the look of that trade it is purple and gold 'red'

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Howard, Thornton to Blazers

Plumlee, Crabbe to Houston

Plumlee has one more year left on his deal then he will be a RFA, Crabbe is expiring but has a cheap cap hold and is a RFA. Opens up a lot cap space for Houston going into free agency with our center position filled for only 3 mill between Plumlee and Capela. #flexebilty

Who says no?

17. Ns575

Ns575 Member

If there's any young center I'd trade for and I'm Morey, I'd push for Noel

18. malakas

malakas Member

I do. I dont like this deal and think we can do better than that. Theres nothing that soecial about Mason. And Crabbe who I like is gonna get paid a lot. Young good defensive wing? Just watch.

Call Jordan. Charlotte is barely in the playoffs and Batum Lin and Marvin Williams expire and they will want to resign all of them. By getting a legitimate star which this team lacks they cement a place in the pos and the chance to resign batum and williams rise dramatically.

This is probably the team Morrey has the most leverage with. They are win now in difficult position with the Mkg injury and desperate to resign their fa.

Take two first from them. Or one first and zeller or kaminsky.
    Thats much better than plumlee and crabbe imo.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Its more so about the cap space it opens up. Crabbe's cap hold is tiny, like 1.7 mill. We could also ask for their lotto protected 1st this year, since they would make the playoffs we'd get a mid 1st. We'd also likely miss the playoffs which gives us our own little pick

Trade Ariza, Jones and KJ for picks and expirings, dump Brewer with a pick

Go into free agency with

Harden 17
    Beverley 6
    Motie 6
    Plumlee 2.3
    Dekker 1.7
    Capela 1.3
    Harrell 1
    + 2 first

That roster + enough cap space for 2 max contracts makes that trade a win for me.

20. malakas

malakas Member

They traded their first lotto protected 2016 to denver in afflalo deal.