1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Dwight to be traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ind0fo0, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
?

Do you want Dwight to be traded?

Poll closed Feb 26, 2016.
  1. Yes - trade him!

34.3%
  2. No

65.7%
  1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

its simple. crap system + crap team = crap dwight. with 4 or 5 shots a game what do they expect from dwight? then i gotta spell it out for the idiots, but im not gonna do that. figure it out on your own

if i was a better i'd put a lot of money on dwight beasting with his next team. gonna be pissed the **** off

2. SamThaGreat

SamThaGreat Member

I understand the reason they want to trade him and also why he'd want to leave, still don't want him to go though. Maybe things can turn around like they did for Dream when he was frustrated and wanted to go?

3. newAge_Rockets

My heart says no, but my brain says yes. I will definitely root for Dwight's next team, and wish him great success in the future.

I'll never forget Playoff Dwight!

4. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Yep, as others have said, we have to have the lowest collective BBIQ in the league.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, you don't tie up cap room to a player that is declining, pouting, and doesn't fit with the rest of the team.

And is looking to be paid (can't blame him - but we should not pay him the max).

DD

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets problems are Harden or Dwight so much. I want to keep them both for as long as possible. The problem is the rest of the team sucks. We need to be changing out more of the other parts. Players like TJ led to this situation. TJ has been a no-show all season. Beverley is not impacting games like he used to. Ariza is solid D but inconsistent O. JSmooth is hurt now. Lawson...barely even plays let alone impacts games positively. Terry probably doesn't play as much as he should imo given the poor play of others. The supporting cast is not great. The problem is no one wants these players and we've got nothing to replace them with.

7. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

I just don't see it that way. He shows up in big games. I think I would be just as frustrated and "pouty" if my team didn't utilize me the right way.

I think the fit question may be fair, but just as fair for Harden too. He alienates his team on the court, often blames others for his own lapses, and almost never leads.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dwight is saying that he doesn't want to be traded but he demands max money so yeah...he wants to be traded in first place, so i say "yes, i want to trade him".

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, he does not show up in big games, he shows up INTERMITTENTLY in games.

There is a massive difference....

CONSISTENCY is more important than a player that cares every now and again.

Send his ass to the glue factory...he is clogging up this teams arteries.

DD

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Hardly. DH is flawed, but far from what's clogging this team's arteries. Jones, Brewer, Lawson, and even Ariza/Bev at times are equivalent to a diet consisting of strictly pizza, potato chips, soda, and fried Oreos.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The organization/team needs a ****ing coach. Forget about who you could get with a trade, it's not going to matter when your number 1 and only ****ing play is James Harden iso. I don't hate Harden for going to that play when there's no leadership upstairs to ****ing put it together. JBB does a ****ing worse job at managing player rotations than a Little League Coach. Everyone applauded him benching the starting unit after hovering around 500, Whoopty ****in' Doo, I mean seriously??? We're applauding what any normal coach would have done????

The organization ****ed up firing McHale, I don't think he was "the guy", but they should have got rid of him after the Portland series, or... In the off-season (after this season), at least he'd either put it together or we'd be lotto bound... **** this Rocket mediocrity ****, I mean it ****ing took almost 20 years to get back to the WCFs, and at this rate it might take another 20.

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

Yes, but I'd rather trade Harden. Both Hs in H-Town make for Horrible basketball. All they had to do was play decent D, run, and execute high PnRs together... [Sighs heavily... For the millionth time...] for whatever "chemistry" reasons, they just would not do that.

I'm so ready for the reset.

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I voted NO. I'm glad 2/3rds of those who voted feel the same way too.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I voted no too, I wish the Rockets could handle player relations like other GOOD ORGS. I sometimes wonder why everyone wastes time on this **** (me included).

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

For some reason, we don't seem to play any better with him than we do without him. Also, I doubt the Rockets would want to pay big bucks to bring him back next year. So, why keep him?

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Is that on him though? It is on him that he can throw down a 36 pt - 26 reb game and our supporting cast plays so abysmally and our coach flubs it so terribly that we can't get a win?

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

Make poll for Harden.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

5char

19. theangrycanary

i was like..

man wouldn't it be cool to send dwight to spurs for some of that bench depth? boban, j. simmons, kyle anderson, etc.

but guess what? Dwight makes ten times what their entire bench does put together. Which makes me realize just how much better spurs gm is than ours.

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, but you do not have to do so if there is a good deal in the table. Saving the cap space is important too.