1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

It's not harden they're talking about

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I love how the poster that probably makes more wrong predictions than any other regular on this board always posts his opinions as if they were FACTS that the rest of us need him to explain to us. It's pretty frigging funny.

BJ

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

For sure Kings won't trade Cousins, but one can dream...would Milwaukee be takers for Dwight? Or the Nets?

4. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

YES!!! about time.

5. malakas

malakas Member

No.
    Yes. But they got no good assets unless you want Brolo.
    They also may target him in the offseason and pay him the 4 year max regardless if he's traded now or not.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Keeping dwight who's going to be in his 13th year major injuries and over 31 by next year on a new max deal is better to build around than harde at 26 on a 15m contract for 2 more year after this one is better long term for the team?

So glad you don't make any personell diversions.

I get that dwight is easy to like off the court but being objective none of his ex teamates every have anything positive to say about him neither do any ex coaches.

harden for all his partying and lavish lifestyle has never had any of his former players or coaches say anything bad about him Infact Scott Brooks recently came out and said harden was great and would sacrifice for the greater good of the team.

At the end of the day we have to go by the facts and the facts say howard is not the best teamate because his fault or not every team he's played on had a coach fired every team he's played out he's left with very bitter taste in both parties mouth.

No Gm in the entire league would choose howard over hardem.... Zero.

Plus if we did go with howard no star player would come here. Nobody wants to play with dwight. Harden is atleast good friends with most of the other elite players in the NBA.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Boston plays in the east and there record is like 4 games better that ours.

Lol

Brad Stevens is a great coach but with or without dwight the celtics arnt making any major steam in the NBA landscape. They maybe make the 2nd round and even if they got 3rd seed I still wouldn't out it past the 6th seed Bulls or heat to beat them in 5.

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Except Capela has started 35 of the 55 games that we have played. Dwight has started 44.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Top 4 FG% ALL TIME and shooting his highest % of his career THIS YEAR... yep, dude has to go... smh....

10. malakas

malakas Member

if they get Dwight they could beat all the teams except perhaaps Toronto (esp if Masai doesn't get a pf) or Cavaliers.

Heat can't shoot threes and Bulls are crap. They may miss the playoffs.
    The only thing is the inexperience.
    Atlanta can beat the Celtics though because they match up very well with them..i think.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

What are you so sure harden is a cancer?

All his ex teametes and coaches usa and okc race about his abilty and motivation to win.

Just cause you don't like the guy doesn't mean you no what's going.

There's actually more facts pointing to dwight being the cancer.

And even im not willing to truely belive that but more signs point to dwight being a bad teamate.

None of his ex coaches and teammates have ever had anything positive to say about him.

When ppl keep saying something about you for years it's usually true.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's your opinion.

I'm nkt saying they couldn't do it but I still wouldn't bet on Boston beating the Bulls or heat if at full strength.

Boston is overated as is most of the east outside of 2 teams.

The rockets suck this year and we can all agree but if we were in the east we would have a legit chance at still getting the 3rd seed. That's crazy.

The celts have played well recently but there a 3-5 game losing streak from being the 10th seed.

Let's see how they finish the year first.

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn, besides the FT's....he's been pretty efficient. Too bad the rest of the team blows.

If they do trade him......hopefully they receive something to spark their lazy butts....this team / franchise is embarrassing.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Apples to oranges. They don't have our talent. Not even close.

I never said to trade Harden btw.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

I was being sarcastic but anyway. Team USA, okc that's all some people want to bring up like he's the exact same player he was back then and in those situations . The reality is once he decided to try and lead his own team that all changed. But it's only a matter of time until more things come out regarding this team. We can go back and forth all day with everyone's guess

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When it boils down to it, not a good idea. Get rid of the current coaching staff and hire a new one. Thibs and company.

18. malakas

malakas Member

is that so? So you claim that the Rockets have been beating on the EAST this year? What's their eastern record?

If the Rockets were in the East I don't agree they would be in the playoffs much less be the 3rd seed. Boston has a onethousand better defence than the Rockets and is ten thousand more tough team than them.
    Forget what you knew about the East in previous years. THIS is another new season. Watch games instead of being biased and see how better the East has become.
    You live in years past, not this season.

And I will cheer against BOSTON and wish them to lose because they are very antipathetic overhyped bunch, but I have to be fair and say that they have legit chance to reach the ECF with Dwight on their team.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All this will prove is that we were stupid for wasting his time under McHale and JB.

20. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Rocket River you said it pretty damn straight. I agree on Howard, Harden is so frustrating but you have a good point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.