1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 2/10/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2016.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

well we just didn't think Morey got Lawson so he could stand around the 3 point line and chuck bricks. We thought we'd see Lawson get some plays to run as well as dictate the pace but so far only every 5-10 games we get to see it. We mainly get Bad Lawson chucking 3's cuz that's what they want him to do apparently...makes no sense

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Those guys I listed are streaky and can't create either.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

No one wants to play Houston in the playoffs????

lolololol

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

These are some damning quotes.

It's broken
    They're fragmented
    Player openly questioning if they like playing with each other
    Not willing to help each other

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bickerstaff on the state of the Rockets: &quot;We're broken. It's that simple. Right now we're a broken team.&quot;</p>&mdash; Anne M. Peterson (@AnnieMPeterson) <a href="https://twitter.com/AnnieMPeterson/status/697677945591218178">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard said &quot;All we do is talk about the issues we have. Nobody's being positive. We can't speak negatively every single game.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/697674217555255296">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Back to JBB: &quot;We're a broken team. It's easy to see. It's a fragmented bunch. You can't win that way. It's not on the same page.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/697674578441601024">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Terry: &quot;The chemistry is not where you like it. I've seen worse. It's not functioning as a unit. Do we like to play with each other?&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/697673810422558720">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>

<iframe src="http://vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/puZQDC/northwest/select/media/Zbyw4KgPHiBm?parentUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.csnnw.com%2Fvideo_content_type%2Fharden-does-his-best-cam-newton-impression&t=15" width="624" height="351" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

"Not willing to help each other out. Everything. Both ends of the floor. That's what a team is."
    It's 55 games into the season. I don't think talking [somethingsomethingsomething]

5. BackdoorHarden

Maybe if you play some D and not use the "Zone DEFENSE" or the "reach around" or the "stare down defense," your teammates might want to help on D:rolleyes::eek:

6. rocketshopeful

pretty much seen most of the quotes. More commented about "battling".

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Houston Rockets interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff said Wednesday night that he is coaching "a broken team," and veteran guard Jason Terry said the team has chemistry issues.

The Rockets enter the All-Star break at 27-28 after a 116-103 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday night.

"We're broken," Bickerstaff said. "It's that simple. We're a broken team, and we all need to use this break to figure out how we're going to impact change. If we don't want to impact change, then we need to be made aware of that, too, and we'll go in a different direction.

"We can't continue to go out and play this way. It's easy to see it's a fragmented bunch. You can't win that way."

The Rockets won 56 games last season and reached the Western Conference finals before losing to the eventual champion Golden State Warriors in five games.

With expectations raised, the Rockets got off to a 4-7 start, leading to the firing of coach Kevin McHale.

Under Bickerstaff, the Rockets have gone 23-21, and the loss to the Blazers pushed them from the seventh seed in the West to ninth.

"If you look at it, the chemistry is not quite where you would like it, and hopefully the break can be what we need to get away from each other," Terry said. "It's like a marriage. You might need time away to get back right. I've seen worse."

Rockets center Dwight Howard, when told about Bickerstaff's comments, said he didn't want to talk negatively about his team. Howard did say he is shocked by the Rockets' record and noted that his teammates have to start playing together.

When asked what about the team is broken, Howard said, "I'm not going to talk about what's broken. It's all we do is we talk about the issues that we have. Nobody is being positive."

The Rockets' leading scorer, James Harden, said Bickerstaff told the team they were broken after the loss and he didn't know how to fix it.

However, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told ESPN that, considering the expectations, he is disappointed in the performance of his team.

"We're obviously not playing at a level we need to be," Morey said. "We will keep battling until we are."

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=14758568

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Harden's loser persona and Dwight's goober personality have finally been stamped on the rest of team. Harden's comments are striking. He looks like the worst defender in league history way too often to be respected when he talks about playing for each other.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xLpfbcXTeo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. rocketshopeful

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 18s18 seconds ago
    Dwight Howard and James Harden stayed back to talk things over with Bickerstaff and Morey. Morey would not comment on their discussion..

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey should be battling at this time

11. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I swear for moment in the 4th quarter after they cut into the lead and JBB made substitutions, I wondered if they were trying to tank.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah exactly. I would be the same way. If your best player does not even try, why should I? And if Howard does note even commit to play the way he could dominate, his way, then why bother?

However, that comes down to holding yourself accountable and keeping your ego in check, but also for the coach to hold you accountable! Harden was never kept in check by McHale, he let him do his thing. Howard ditto.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Maybe it's time to fire the coach if he says such things. Doesn't know how to fix it?
    Good bye then let's bring someone who has a plan to fix it.

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Silly comment. By this logic LeBron James is nowhere near a star.

Golden State also kind of defy your first bit of theory too.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Source?

16. conquistador#11

I think it's time for a uniform change after this season. If I'm rockets' minister of propaganda, I'd try to keep any focus away from the crap season. I'd be announcing uniform changes tomorrow. =)

glad I fell asleep 2 qtrs in.

17. malakas

malakas Member

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thanks, I was too lazy and thought it was buried somewhere in the thread.

This sounds awful, a head coach saying something like this is a disgrace. Les' comments after the McHale firing make me believe he's already given up on the season and wants to act later, so we're stuck with JBB for now.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

It's not that weird, how is a coach supposed to fix players not wanting to play for each other? His job is to win games so he cannot just say he will not play certain guys etc. It's up to him to tell Morey what is really going on and that he NEEDS to trade certain guys.

20. PeppermintCandy

If you go back to the espn article, it's JB who said the team is broken, and HARDEN not the coach said he didn't know how to fix it.