1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale will be TNT guest analyst for Rockets-Warriors game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2016.

1. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Is there another Brad Stevens out in the college world?

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

He also said Harden came in with a sprained ankle which could've led him in him to being overweight.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Average joes have no idea what they are doing. There's a reason Oprah is on TV saying she eats bread everyday on Weight Watchers.

it's not that far-fetched to think that an athlete wouldn't think about their diet much. When they are burning as many calories as they do playing almost every day. They can eat almost anything and it won't show at all.

Kobe Bryant's game food of choice was a Burger and fries. Lamar Odom had a candy problem. Dwight who is absolutely ripped said he was eating a weeks worth of sugar in a day. Lebron who is pretty meticulous in all aspects of his life had to stop his sugar cereal habit. I think Carmelo lost a lot of weight cutting his unhealthy habits.

Not really defending Harden, but these pro athletes can be just as clueless as the average joe.

4. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Hakeem hands down

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I sure have..I also didnt have NBA doctors and trainers available to me, as well as all the modern technology they use. That alone would have cut weeks from my recuperation.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

LOL! if the ball goes in it's an effective move. Shaq was an effective post player. We Rockets fans were spoiled by The Dream's elegance.

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Okay cool. So ill turn it around ask:

Where you having to play NBA basketball when this injury occurred? How many weeks did it take you to feel like you had 100% confidence in your ankle again, how many weeks did it take for you to gain your freedom of movement and athleticism back?

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not saying they have their nutrition perfected..but that they understand cause and effect and how it relates to food and weight. Howard once said on his Periscope he had to ease up on his candy bc he was gaining weight. I think he was half joking, but he understands the relationship. If Harden didn't understand a lot less activity, while eating the same, would mean weight gain, then he's incredibly ignorant..but my guess is he just didn't care enough and figured he'd deal with it in camp. Maybe it happens frequently, so hes not alone..but any pro that does that isnt 100% serious about his craft.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can't wait to hear McHale. He'll have insight or prove he was a good fire. This is win-win for us.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Arizona's Sean Miller? Of course I'm Wildcat biased, but I also thought Kerr wouldn't be a bad coach either (played under Lute, Phil and Pop). Miller has a bball bloodline, and has been pretty decent with the cats. Arizona is paying him a little less than we are paying McHale. Without opening the floodgates to the Le$ narrative, I think he wouldn't be bad.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Shaq got grandfathered in. After him, every player trying to do what he did got called for the offensive foul. He kicked the ladder.

12. don grahamleone

He played for LA. That's not the same thing as being grandfathered in. Also, he was better at being big than any other big ever was. Yeah, Hakeem made him look insignificant when they were both in their prime, but once he wasn't facing Hakeem, he was amazing at being a giant center. Nothing wrong with that. Only player afterwards that got him was Yao.

13. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Harden pulled the trigger.

McHale "“If your name isn’t Gregg Popovich — rent, don’t buy,” McHale said. “There are so many players with so much pull inside the league. It’s just rough right now in the coaching profession.”"

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Chamberlain and Jabbar did better than Shaq without his antics.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Took me longer than I'd like to admit..but I was young and stubborn..didn't listen to district trainer and played with a limp..so my case isnt comparable.

What I do know is, Harden was playing in the Drew league as late as Aug 13.... Training camp started late sept..no mention of harden limping then..in fact, people didn't even realize Harden had sprained his ankle until Mchale mentioned it on Oct.

So he sprained it and it healed enough for him to start training camp in a month and a half, at most, maybe less. That's not a severe ankle sprain and he shouldn't need 4+ months to feel like himself again.

#175 RV6, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

McHale's firing was a panic move 11 games into the season. I could understand if we struggled and were the 8 seed come playoff time and got swept, or were under .500 at the all star break which is highly likely the way we are playing now. It seems like Morey and Les think we should be challenging the Warriors and this roster just ain't that damn good. I don't care if we did make the conference finals a year ago.

17. don grahamleone

As long as we both agree that Hakeem did better than all three there's no issue here.

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Shaka Smart?

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

mchale got his shots in early. cant wait for halftime. i hope he goes in on the whole team. and of course his patented "play harder :CLAP CLAP:"

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Very glad this clueless, pathetic coach is gone. McFail was the worst coach in Rockets history and what we see now is mostly his fault.

Also, I was right that Harden didn't have a an effective pre season and didn't work as hard in the off season despite what the usual delusional folks who know themselves telling us he was a gym rat all summer working on improving his game