1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: Terrence Jones could be asking for $15M per year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigred77, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's always funny to me when people suggest that things are "impossible" merely because they aren't capable of doing it. Maybe that's what went wrong with Jones, he just assumed that playing basketball well was impossible since he wasn't capable of doing it so he never put in the time and effort to actually get good.

2. dmoneybangbang

TJones was nothing more than an average PF until this season when his production dropped off a cliff. It's laughable the kind of flack TJones gets from our resident scouts....

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

PPat was a much better polished player than TJones.

Tjones is sort of a PF/SF - but he needs to be able to bounce the ball and run to be successful, he is not a half court player, his shot is too slow.

He is gone, the Rocks should get what they can for him, he will command more than they will be willing to pay.

DD

4. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah buddy look. We have already established that we can't have a conversation. So why you keep quoting my posts?
    You confused your accounts?

Exactly. But just watching a handful of games and now we have some Pythias here. lmao

Please tell me the lottery numbers too bballholic.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

I'm with you on Meyers Leonard, wish morey would just take the chance and do the grade they're both on expirings, we can see what Meyers can do he 3 point big

6. dmoneybangbang

PPatt was more polished coming out of college but TJones had a higher ceiling. TJones, like you said was a SF/PF combo, who had an interesting high school career but was another one of those players he relied on his strength and athleticism and never developed a good shot.

It is time to move on from him definitely, sucks he regressed so much in his contract year.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't really going for conversation, just commenting on something ridiculous you said. When you say ridiculous things, expect people to comment on them. Anyway, you keep being you.

8. dmoneybangbang

I just don't understand having such strong feelings for someone on a rookie contact, but the again people be crazy.

9. malakas

malakas Member

You say ridiculous things all the time without an ounce of basketball knowledge or argument and people dont quote you darling. Do the same. With me. Just keep your agenda away from me. Okay? stop quoting me. Unless you are really bballholic.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Sometimes people become obsessed with a scapegoat. Blame him for everything.

Anyway i have heard of more ridiculous "wars" than this one in other fanbases. Heat fans still argue about Beasly for example. :grin:

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't surprise me that you'd think that kiddo. After all you seem to think that accurate basketball analysis is "impossible" or is some kind of "agenda".

It really would help out the board if you just stopped trolling though. Just admit that you didn't know what the hell you were talking about when it came to your Jones takes and stop whining at those who did know what they were talking about for knowing what they were talking about.

It doesn't advance the overall conversation and merely derails the thread and takes away from good posters who do know what they are talking about.

12. basketballholic

Don't play the lottery. Haven't studied the lottery. Don't know the lottery.

I know basketball. ;)

13. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah yeah. Watching a sophomore player for a few months tells everything about his future. full of psychics and scouts this forum Perhaps woj should start hiring from here. Bballholic as insider with sources, DD for elite scouting and Bobby for medical reports. No agendas tho. Not at all. Just leave me out of your posts buddy. Stop.

14. basketballholic

Actually I watched Terrence as s senior in high school, all his games at Kentucky, his rookie season and two training camps, and then 6 weeks into his second season before I firmed up my belief that we should trade him. He did not break out as a rookie. And he did nothing in either training camp. He was anointed the starter by McHale because he was Dwight's and James' choice. I've watched plenty of video of Terrence and also confirmed my suspicions about his processor with people that actually spent time with and around him.

Cheers.

15. malakas

malakas Member

You confirmed your suspicions by privately investigating with your insider sources?:eek:
    Yeah plenty of players dont show much in the start of their career.
    Become a scout bballholic. Since you have such a great gift at predicting the trajectory of players.

16. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

LMAO hell no

17. dmoneybangbang

Show me a picture with todays newspaper and your insiders.... :rolleyes:

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Not even the Kings are stupid enough to give Terrence $15m

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Current scouting report on Terrence Jones:

"That boy ain't right!"

It's like his nerve injury from last year still causes paralysis, but only when someone takes a shot and it's time for him to box out.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Bbhollic the self proclaimed gods gift to basketball and more realistically pizza pocket sales