1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I believe in James Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Jan 19, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i do not believe in harden leading a team to the finals. perfect 2nd option

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Hey at least that's a lot fairer than some posters around here who are irrational about him. Good post DD

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Despite all his flaws, Harden is still one of the best offensive player in the NBA. He is undeniably a force at scoring efficiently, getting to the rim, drawing fouls & making plays.

Unfortunately this season, his poor leadership, terrible defense, lackadaisical rotations and just plain lack of effort are also indisputable.

I was a big fan of steven francis despite some of the obvious flaws in his game, because like many other players I admire, he has a huge heart and doesn't leave me feeling cheated when watching him compete.

Honestly it was much easier to root for the past Rockets teams despite their lack of success, because I never questioned the effort or heart of players like Chuck Hayes, Lowry, Scola, Yao, Francis or even over the hill Barkley.

So while Harden maybe more talented/better than those players and the 2014-15 team was much more successful, aside for Beverley, I don't really care.

4. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Harden is still pretty clearly one of the best offensive players in the league, but he has dropped off from last year, largely in his scoring efficiency. That leaves him short of the MVP level (in a normal year--Curry has changed the standard this year) he was on last season, but he's still an offensive superstar.

That's not sufficient to elevate this ill-fitting group to contender status, especially with his lacking defensive effort, but that's more about the rest of the team than it is about Harden. Harden does make a good target due to his often lacking focus and effort, but he's not the reason the team is mediocre.

5. ibm

ibm Member

this has been a long thread. so i went back to check what op believed in harden for.

seriously, what do you believe him in about?

for me, as long as you dont believe that he can lead this team to a championship, i am fine. maybe...

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I will still continue to say that I believe Harden is the next Adian Dantley and this will not go anywhere with Harden.

T_Man

7. ibm

ibm Member

i might've drunk a bit too much today, but i am fine with what you said here. :grin:

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'm really surprised how much Dwight has been able to escape from criticism, while all the blame has been targeted at Harden. Guess who's the highest paid player on the team? Dwight's production is not even remotely justifying his contract and it's certainly not at a star level, especially if you include his absences.

The Rockets are under. 500 when he plays and over .500 when he doesn't! Harden isn't the problem here folks.

Pair up Harden with a real younger, more productive star like Cousins or Love and this team would be much better. Maybe not championship caliber yet but that requires a complete roster.

9. ibm

ibm Member

so the real mvp cant make do with one of the "most talented roster" in the league?

and how could you forget to mention the key point - harden never had a coach?

oh poor harden. such a miserable b*stard.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He had 33 points on 18 shots today...

The rest of team had 46 points on 59 shots.

It's not Harden's scoring efficiency that is problematic.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I believe the typical Harden, having almost triple double with 10 turnovers ;)

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cousins and Love are worlds apart now. Love cannot hold a candle to Cousins.

Love's offensive production isn't the same either

13. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I wonder if this keeps up the term "Harden Only Fan" will start to pop up...

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care how many points he scores. We will never play as a TEAM with his selfish style, and it takes a TEAM, and not an arm flailing fouls drawing, me me me me me one trick pony to win a Championship. Great days, horrific days, passing great, ball hogging, clock management, no clock management. Mr. Watch me, watch me....taking my 419th three........clock ticking down but that ball stays with me.......then I will pass at the last second if I can't get free.

15. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

He also took 18 free throws so in actuality he dominated the ball offensively for a good share of Rockets possessions. It's not like he took 18 shots and *poof* put up 33 points.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ummm, that's pretty much what most are saying. I know I've stated it plenty of times that he is not capable of being a number one option on a championship team.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sigh... This bbs has gone crazy over efg% and tfg%.

Harden can supplement those numbers so he can be perceived to look efficient with plenty of free throws and jacking up plenty of 3 pters but at the ned of the day Harden MISSES many fg attempts.

Do posters here actually WATCH basketball? Offensive misses lead to potential easy buckets/fast break points for the opponent. Many of Harden's misses are long threes early in the shot clock which are PRIME variables for a fast break by the opponent. I wish there was a stat out there that shows how many fastbreak or general scoring plays occur right after a missed shot by a player.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Would Harden be willing to go back to being no. 2?

19. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

He averages 28ppg, he doesn't need to be #2, the team just needs a real second scorer (Dwight is not that player).

20. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

ariza is the second best player on this team