1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets worst court [Chicago Tribune]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Feb 4, 2016.

1. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

This whole thread is hysterical. I have been a graphic designer longer than a lot of folks on this board have been alive. EVERYTHING matters to me. I pick apart everything I see. But you know what? I couldn't give a rat's ass about the design of our court, as long as it is unobtrusive. THAT is all that matters. I'd prefer to watch the game than to try to be entertained by the damn floor.

2. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Whether or not on it being the worst, doesnt change the fact its time to rebrand. Font, Jerseys, court.

3. mikus

mikus Member

So what they are saying is that they don't want to see wood on the floor but some kind of weird texture? Both of the top picks look like there is a painted texture on the court. Bleh, casting judgments on the logos aside, I feel like the Rockets court is about average with the other courts that don't do anything crazy.

4. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

wouldn't say it's the worst, but definitely in the bottom tier of court aesthetics. then again, it's a subjective matter. personally I've always fancied what Boston and Minnesota got going on with their hardwood, no homo.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

at least we aren't named after a clothing accessory

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't like how the key/"The Paint"/"The Painted Area' is not painted these days on most courts.

I don't like creating idiosyncratic things voluntarily. I can imagine future people being confused and having to mind-jackGoogle it and saying "WTF?"

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Preach on!! It's like the Center position. I mean, wtf?, they don't play in the center anymore -- much less the center of "The Paint."

These things annoy me to no end. grrrrrrr

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Worst announcers, worst court, worst defense, and our uniforms are pretty ****ty also. Seems like we have the rest of the NBA right where we want them!

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I like the two tone court a lot. First saw the Wizards do something like it, loved it, and was glad the Rockets moved in this direction. Also liked what TCU did ( not sure if they copied someone or not ), and not sure how long they've had the court, but love the color.

I would not change anything with the Rockets branding, the court looks great, the logo is solid... although I'm not a big fan of the silver. I could certainly switch the silver for black. all in all we are one of the best.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ironically though centers that play on the perimeter in places that shade in the the 3 point line-to-the-key area DO tend to be playing "in the paint" even though they are 20 feet away from the basket.

See how bad it is? See?

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think Boston has the worst court. I know it's retro, and that's kind of their thing, but it just seems dark and depressing to me. Makes the game seem slow and dour.

12. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Wow. Those reviews were so random. One complain there are too many "rockets" on the court and yet he has no problem with all those Bulls logo on the court.

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I just wish the paint was red I can live with the rest.

14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Thought our court is pretty bad, but didn't think it would be the worst....

15. AXG

AXG Member

I agree about the color scheme. It's very lifeless.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

How about the rims? Rims are so flat... Hard to get the ball in unless it's nothing but net.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Yeah the actual reviews suck. I don't think we are the worst. For example, Denver's court is a total eyesore. But we are in need of a re-branding, I think. Something a bit bolder but still clean.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I love the Bucks Court, Pelicans... even ours... do they miss the old court with the giant Rocket and pinstripes in the middle?

19. malakas

malakas Member

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It really is.

Honestly if I weren't a Rockets fan I'd hate the jerseys, court, and logo too.

I really think it's about time we revise the whole thing.