1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-acquire Josh Smith in trade with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 22, 2016.

?

Do you like the Josh Smith trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

539 vote(s)
    96.3%
  2. NO

21 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in deals involving DMo, but it's Jones that is being dangled because he's totally and completely expendable now that Josh Smith is here. There's very little chance DMo gets moved and it's a virtual certainty Jones is flipped somewhere before the deadline.

2. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

I don't know if such a short comment has ever made me laugh that hard

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I agree. But if the right deal comes along I don't doubt Morey would be willing to part with D-Mo..

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, yeah, no question. Literally anyone on the Rockets can be had for the right deal....it's just not likely that some of those deals would happen.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You know, Josh Smith was on the team last year...

Familiarity and all that.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It's all about the mental makeup of the individual players at hand here. In which is pretty much the same if you ask me. Reason being Smith went to LAC and it just didn't work out. Dude got put in the doghouse because of his attitude and his play on the court. The same happened with Lawson here in Houston.

But now Josh has found new life and purpose. So he's motivated because the Rockets are showing him they need his services. Lawson is playing better as well, because the Rockets are telling him we need your services.

Funny how that works, even with millionaires.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Rockets won't be taking Bledsoe who in which is out with yet another injury.

Bledsoe (knee) underwent surgery to repair a torn meniscus Tuesday, and he'll miss the remainder of the season, John Schuhmann of NBA.com reports.

8. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Or it could be a reference to this: http://dofgamesports.com/2015/10/06/patience-2015-16-charlotte-hornets-preview/

I'm wondering if this would have anything to do with trading Thornton. His minutes have been all over the place.

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If they trade Thornton without bringing in a legitimate shooter in then Morey is clueless. Finally we have a guy who can light it up behind James. It's not his fault dumbass JB doesn't give him the consistent minutes he deserves.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Going by your link to the Hornets, though, would our target there be Big Al, as suggested in this thread, or Nicolas Batum? Both are expiring. Batum missed last night's game due to some toe thing and his replacement PJ Hairston went off.

No certitude on my part. Just wondering.

11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

It's just been two games but Smith brings an edge this team really needed. The team had no edge or toughness and Smith brings that. Thanks Doc Rivers! What a stupid move to give him back to the Rox!

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I was butt hurt when he left and didn't want him back. I changed my mind. Welcome back Mr. smith

13. battousai

battousai Member

Clippers has no real use for Smith. honestly it was just a dick move and their whole intention of signing him was to piss Rox off. Which works into our favor. if another team snatch Smith up, I doubt that team would trade him back to us.

Clippers also figure there is no way we would get to 4th or 5th seed and they arent ready to take on the warriors, spurs, or thunders.

We now need to get another 4th as Smith cant be our starting 4 with no one backing him. Dmo is hurt and Jones is trade piece.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

I was looking for appropriate thread to post this pic for the last 5 minutes :)
    Credit to reddit

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hasn't Smith started a bunch of games, moving Capela to the bench? That's probably a lot of the FT% dip.

edit: sorry it's Brewer mostly - yeah Capela moved to the bench right after Smith got here - so, kind of the Josh Smith effect, kind of....lots of other effects.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

THIS LOL.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You got me. I didn't consider that Jones might be so worthless that Morey would be unable to move him. Morey wanted to get something back and Jones would be expensive to move.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

haha

Bobby's posting resume is epic.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We got Josh for defense and rebounding and the occasional shot creation