1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets plan to resign Dwight this summer - NOT to MAX deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I will forever remain in the camp that $20/year is too much, and the best course is either trading Dwight this year or hoping he opts out and using his cap space for better options.

It is EXTREMELY hard to envision a scenario where the Dwight/Harden tandem lead this squad to the championship.

Paying Dwight +/-$20 million per year for another 4 years, until his mid 30's, for a player with a lot of wear and tear, who is seemingly always missing games already (41 games last year out of 82, only 40/50 thus far this year, and going to miss at least one more)... well it just seems like bad logic, even considering cap increases.

1 person likes this.
  2. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Golden State won't do a trade like that right now, and no that's not a fair trade. Their best option, if they do get KD, would be just to renounce Barnes, Ezeli, and get Speights out.

Trading Barnes now gives them less flexibility, I don't think they do that deal now. If we get Barnes for Ariza, that's a no brainer.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wow....I sure called this.

Post #12, page 1, this thread:

4. malakas

malakas Member

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

I'll take Horford and let Dwight go :)

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

lol calling me a fruitcake...yet offering to toy with me....Sorry dont swing that way draftboy. Enjoy being banned relatively soon.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

GS is not going to trade any of their immediate core players as long as they're the clear favs to win the title.

8. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Max in years past is like 4/88, right?

If we get Howard for 4/90 now, when his max is closer to 120. He's that value, he's 75-80% of max value. That's the player he is. I think that's fair value, and for the most part a tradeable contract. I don't think Dwight would like that, but that's a very fair take.

If you don't think he's worth it given injuries, wear & tear, etc., that's acceptable but find a big man of his caliber for that price tag or less. In this new cap, someone like Festus may push to 14-15M.

9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Mmmm. That sounds hot.

10. malakas

malakas Member

If they want to trade Barnes they can get better than that and cheaper.
    Plus a player has no incentive to agree any more to a S+T.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

12. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

You do realize I agree with EVERYBODY here, that shady things happen right?

Let's get this point straight:

Shady things happen all the time in the NBA. Pre-arranged agreements, deals under the table, etc.

My argument is that it does NOT leak. And if it is, it comes with sanctions. It doesn't leak to the BBS.

That does make my point more clear? And again, I will reach out to Relativity Sports. They are approachable.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

imo, you overrate the value of getting that intel months early with questionable truth in the replies. The only true numbers an agent is going to get is when signings can actually occur. And it is his job to shop those real numbers at blazzing speed when the market opens. And sometimes, with unique items like Howard, waiting out the market even helps.

Discussing numbers illegally like this would be easy to sting. Getting an early read on the market has questionable value versus the severity of the penalty. Lawyers (and most of these agents are lawyers) don't cheat as much as Hollywood loves to portray.

So, no, I don't think it happens. Agents would be reporting other agents. GMs would be accusing other GMs.

The info is not worth the penalty. You could lose a lot of business getting caught just once.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

thanks for your info. For all of you that think this is shady in terms of player agent communications with others shouldn't be fooled by this. It's business there are shady deals going on everywhere all the time. I don't care if it's professional sports or a day care center.

do I have to mention strip clubs?!? Lol

16. malakas

malakas Member

yes it does. I have seen other insiders in other forums leak things like that and then there are the national writers who all the time make articles about what "some executives believe that FA will get". How do you think they get that info? From agents most of the time the players' agent who has gauged the market.

And instead you come to cyber's thread, derail it by doubting him and announce you are going to jeopardise his job and position. Why should cyber continue to give us the gift of his insider info after that?
    When he has to deal with ingratitude and danger to his own job?

If you think cyber is a fraud stay away from his thread, dont' click on it and most of all dont' try to endager another person's livelihood.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

CyberX if you haven't already, I suggest you put that sack of **** doucheboy on ignore and just know that the rest of us appreciate the insight, even if the news doesn't end up panning out.

18. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Barnes isn't better than Parsons. Why pay Barnes a ****-ton when you could have kept Parsons for less?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

well news flash it does happen. whether you want to believe it or not is on you. You can believe business is done right all you want but in reality its not especially in the pros.

20. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Endanger him and his livelihood, lol what?

I'm just calling/emailing/reaching out to inquire. They pick up, I'm on the phone now.