1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets plan to resign Dwight this summer - NOT to MAX deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Of course they do, but to get it to the internet?

**** no. That's too far. You don't think college recruits are wooed by financial promises & gifts, of course. But do you think they openly post about it without consequences whether it's through a family member, or friend?

If this had any legs, it does not reach this far. If Cyber had any true sources, his source would NOT allow this to be posted. If this gets actual head to make it to headlines(like ESPN, chronicle, etc.), the league would investigate. You do realize that right?

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It's hilarious to me how much Cyberx gets under some posters' skin. X_X

3. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Oh good one, you idiot. How the hell would I have evidence of this happening, or not? I'm no source.

Here's a rumor by me; Brewer and Terrence will be traded in two weeks. Somebody please disprove this.

See your **** logic? Go back to elementary school. I'll toy with you like none other, fruitcake.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Clutch, mods can you ban or infraction DraftBoy10? Him harrassing Cyber threads is ridiculous.

5. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I want REAL info. I hate FAKE info.

Now, every lead doesn't turn into things materializing but this guy just loves the power he has and leads us to FALSE places. I want legitimate inside info.

Codman ****. Doc ****. DD actually has more "inside sources" than this cyberx guy.

6. KlutchQT

Report his posts and they might. Mods gave someone else a timeout for doing the same in the prior Cyberx thread, IIRC.

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

HeyP can take over, he knows how ridiculous this thread is.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't matter because all cyberx posted on this matter of Dwight was pretty much common sense. Not everything along these lines becomes some "league investigation"

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't be a bad pickup at all.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dirk/Duncan money or BUST!

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

you are either ignorant or thickheaded...I for a fact can state that one of my friends who works for a major sport agent...would start recruiting players in the Houston area from middle/highschool to join their agency. They actively pursue them, and shower them with gifts etc. Some of the kids pan out...few strike it rich, but sadly most fail. He would often times drive all over the state just to "keep in touch" with prospective star athletes. This is the grime of sports that most of us dont see, or are oblivious too. Cyber/malakas etc...are completely accurate with how many "shady" dealing their really are behind the scenes.

12. cyberx

cyberx Member

1 person likes this.
  13. htownballa1622

I get that you don't believe this is true insider info but why come just to derail the thread?

If you don't believe it, cool.

You don't have to believe it but derailing the thread might be even worse than posting "fake" info.

14. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

For real though DraftBoy10. Haven't you ever seen Jerry Maguire? This sort of thing happens all the time.

15. KlutchQT

So wait for their "legitimate" threads and skip Cyber's -- it's not that hard. You throwing these tantrums every time his name is mentioned is not going to deter others from believing him, especially given that Clutch has vouched for his veracity/credibility.

16. malakas

malakas Member

thanx Klutch will do. The last thing we need is Cyber being ran off by a troll.

Anyway...with the Barnes news makes it at least questionable what Morrey's plans are for our RFAs.
    Pay 20 to Dwight and 22 to Barnes. Will he also pay 22 to DMO? Doubt it.

17. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

There's tons of shady deals; that's my point. My other point is it does NOT leak out like this. It never does. If a source gave this information to Cyber, and Cyber posted this you know that source would never forgive him right?

Ok, tell you what guys. I am a nobody in the sports world, but I'll reach out to Relativity Sports. I will e-mail them and then actually call and seriously follow up with them. I'm sure one of my former colleagues has a connect here or there. I'm going to actually dig into this.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Everyone is talking about Dwight, but I think this is actually the most surprising and significant insight from cyberx.

I thought about this a few days ago. Barnes makes a ton of sense for this team. Regular 3, stretch 4, floor spacer, big time finisher, has flashed the ability to expand his game, and he's only 23 years old. In some ways, he's similar to Harden in that he's in a more limited role playing with star players.

Now here is an interesting question.......would Golden State trade Barnes to us for Ariza? Think about it....Barnes is going to get a huge offer from someone this offseason. It is very possible they lose him for nothing, especially if Durant commits to GSW. But with Ariza, they've got him locked up for 2 years at less than $8 million per year.

Also....Ariza's cap hold will actually be less than Barnes'. Barnes cap hold will be $9.7 million next year, where Ariza's will be $7.8...or about $2 million saved. A trade between Houston and Golden State allows GS to not lose Barnes for nothing, bring back a comparable player for a fixed cost, and increases their flexibility in 2016 free agency.

Meanwhile, Houston gets younger and doesn't have to reshuffle the deck.

I think it's a trade that's fair for both.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Don't have to prove anything to these geek posters on here who have nothing better to do. Majority of the ppl appreciate all the info you give us.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

fair enough. take it for what it's worth i guess. Not saying cyberx is right or wrong on this. For me, it just doesn't surprise me.