1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Rockets plan to resign Dwight this summer - NOT to MAX deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I could see that. It'd be like playing for Mark Jackson's Warriors all over again.

But I still think the Rockets will pursue him. As I'm sure some remember, the Rockets were rumored to be very high on Harrison Barnes in the 2012 draft.

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

If only any of you guys knew the shady crap that happens.

When I started interning for an agent at one point in my teens I was once given money to go buy stuff for kids in jr High and High school... That is shady.

This is NOTHING

3. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

The man is tired of being fouled all the time and only getting the calls if they hackadwight and on the other end he stands straight up with his hands in the air and collects a flagrant. The way the game has changed it doesn't pay to have a good big man but I completely understand Dwights frustration.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, we shall see - we shall see.

No one thought Chandler Parsons would get 15m either......

DD

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did you just say that there is nothing wrong with other owners talking to our signed players? I don't think you really meant that.

I think you are downplaying this apparent illegal tampering, because it's what you wanted to hear. What if cybrex news instead was: "Cuban tells Dwight he'll pay him the max this summer."

We need Dwight to be playing for a max contract, now. He should be playing for one. We have zero interest in allowing anyone to talk to him about money...especially if they come with promises. Players might coast ... or worse.

#85 heypartner, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  6. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Now big boy have a chance to finish season strong, and proof he is worth a penny. Keep players motivation DM.

7. AXG

AXG Member

If Barnes joined the Rockets, his shooting suddenly sucks. As for Dwight, I'd welcome him back even at his current rate. He's still a top-5 center IMO but certainly not worth a penny more than that.

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

Bro... Relax...

No one is talking to any players. Agents, friends, associates... Feeling it out.. Its ok!!!

9. malakas

malakas Member

exactly repped.
    It also helps the Rockets know if they should trade him or not as you said.

The fact that cyber only talked about two other big markets speak about Dwights personal criteria => big market. He didn't go ask Ainge or what's his name the Portland GM. Or Prokhy.

And cuban is not willing to pay him the MAX. He may be willing to give him though more than 20. It's logical if he would because 20 is quite frankly a lowball offer by Morrey..which means that 20 per is 100% guaranteed a 5 year offer not a 4.
    20X5= 100
    So if Cuban is not willing to give him at least 25 per for 4 then Dwight would make more money staying with the Rockets. But if he's willing to give him 27 per then he would make more money in Dallas.

And btw the max will go up most likely than 30 per because the cap estimation is always undervalued.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Parsons was an RFA (and young) which people had to overbid to get. Those are routinely overpays. And once Gordon Hayward got that big deal, the writing was on the wall.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Miami CAN give Whiteside a max but they can't pay Wade. If they want though they can. They dont' have bird rights which means they can go over the cap to pay him. It makes him free target for all and raises the danger of him leaving.
    But if Riley wanted he could pay Whiteside no problem.

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

He could be a goner soon.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

One major aspect everybody is forgetting is Dwight wants his touches in the post. If he can't get a max deal and we sign him for less then the max will he still be the 2nd option? And if he isn't the 2nd option how happy will he really be? Happy Dwight good bad Dwight bad.

14. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

This.

Calling BS here.

Dwight should be re-signed at current rate.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Anywhere else checked?

3/65 sounds 'good to me'. Even 4/80.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I seriously doubt that Morey would give out a number at this point. It ruins his leverage. Most likely this is how the conversation went -

Fegan - "We want to secure Dwight's future with the Rockets this Summer, but we need security that he's going to get a max offer.... Could you verbally commit that now so we do not have to make calls to other teams this Spring?"

Morey "We love Dwight, and want him back first and foremost. However given Dwight's future projections, it would be nearly impossible for us to commit to the max this Summer for 4+ years. However this Summer we will be happy to come to the table with him, and come up with a fair deal based on market comps"

Fegan - "Well if you cannot commit then we will have to start making calls to get Dwight a better commitment for this Summers offers. I hope you are willing to let a SUPERSTAR walk this Summer, and lose him for nothing"

Morey "If you get an offer, let me know, but if Dwight loves Houston that much, we are willing to work with you"

Fegan - "Okay.... but DONT trade him yet!!!"

Morey -"hahaha... way to show your cards Dan. We know you are just doing your job to get Dwight paid. We aren't trading him Dan"

Fegan - "Okay... oh hey.... Would you be willing to sign a 3rd superstar this Summer with a max deal???... I just might have one for you"

Morey- "You're signing Kevin Durant????"

Fegan - "No.... even better..... Chandler Freaking Parsons.... He can be yours for a Max Contract!!!!"

17. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Really curious to know if Cyberx (or Codman) have any updates on a potential Ty Lawson deal..

18. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Saw cyberx's thread...damn near creamed my pants

[​IMG]

19. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah I bet cyber. We the fans dont' know nothing of what goes on. And when something is published everyone acts shocked and disgraced like it's not the usual practice.

It's a players league and an agents league this one. And now that we have Machiavelli Lebron being a superstar-agent I dont' even want to learn what Rich Paul is doing.

20. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I don't believe under any circumstance, or not, a backchannel can filter this to other teams.

And if it did, it sure as hell wouldn't come out in the light. I'm sure it has before, but you bet yourself it wouldn't make itself to the surface like it is here by cyberx.

Only way this makes sense is if Dwight's reps and Morey have agreed to look at other suitors prior to the deadline, and they have permission to speak. And before you use that as your crutch Cyberx, I have come up with that notion. Not you, and I did it off of absolutely no credibility and no source to refer to.

I doubt that is the case, and I think you're full of crap cyber again. Everyone here knows that's tampering, and if tampering is involved(and illegal ****) which I imagine has happened before no way it gets into your hands.