1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Dwight stupid?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Jan 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I watched it several times last night. Howard touches the official's (#27) upper arm, as if he wants to tell him something, and the ref slaps it away. Check it out at the 1:00 mark; you're right that the announcers called it wrong, though.

http://youtu.be/A6zs66kXWUE

2. Fantasma Negro

Yes Dwight is stupid and he needs to be traded because his stupidity hinders this team. I never wanted Dwight, sometimes he shows flashes but I'm tired of his bull****. I

3. You Stone

You Stone Member

Howard slapped his arm away, but by that point he knew they were gonna throw him out for the push regardless (just look at the bs transcript posted earlier which said 3 techs were called in a time period where they did NOT signal one). He wanted to tell the refs NeNe was pulling down on the same arm he sat out earlier because of. I don't see why they don't hear him out if he is not thrown out. Dwight was calm.

Forget about everything, Dwight did not deserve a T for the push. NeNe grabbed his arm, swiped at Dwight's head, talked trash and walked up to him. Dwight has every right to push him away. Remember what KG did? But if you read the transcript from one of the officials, John Goble, that's what he got the T for.

So I don't know why you guys care about the arm thing with the official if Dwight knew he was gone. The mission was accomplished.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Not sure if he just plain stupid..but there are definately things in his head not ticking the right way

5. You Stone

You Stone Member

The fact is if the officials call NeNe for the tech on the swipe to Dwight's head (which is a flagrant foul) then it's over.

1 minute mark. They just watched instead.

6. You Stone

You Stone Member

Even if it's not a tech on NeNe, they can automatically go back and review it on the replay. They allowed the situation go from bad to worse. Dwight already had a T and that worked out in the Wizards favor.

7. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

of course he is
    he been in this league 10+ years
    he still loose his cool and pick up stupid technical

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

How about this?

Somebody volunteer them self to foul the **** out of y'all and do all the **** that Dwight gets on a daily basis, and let's see how y'all react. Would do it myself if I was in town. Let's see how calm y'all are. Would take half an hour to snap; guarantee it.

The fact that opposing players acknowledge Dwight gets undeserved technicals makes this thread irrelevant.

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

1) Dwight's reactions do not prevent that stuff from happening again. Actually, it encourages it. Same reason Rodman would do all that weird stuff to get Malone and others' heads to get them out of their game. That's why it's even more stupid for Dwight to keep reacting the way he does.

2) If I'm paying you $20M THIS year, that is where your focus needs to be. We need you in games THIS year. So, don't prioritize next contract over this one. Dwight has enough d*mn money anyway - deserves financial sympathy from nobody.

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Other superstar players mouth off, gesture, and b**** to the referees constantly, and I have never once heard of Kobe or LeBron getting ejected in back-to-back games. It's not as if Dwight threw a punch. We are talking about low-level stuff that refs let slide most of the time.

Once a team's star player gets one technical, it is common practice that refs will let minor stuff slide for the rest of the game, because it is too detrimental to the outcome of the game for them to throw a guy out for minor stuff. The refs should not be determining the outcome of the games. Fans don't watch games to see the refs perform. However, in back-to-back games, the officials have been a major factor in the outcome, by ejecting a star player for things that would have been very easy to let slide.

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Nobody ever said the refs were blameless. In fact, most said the refs were more at fault than anybody. Nevertheless, Dwight shouldn't have given them the opportunity when he knew how it was going.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

exactly THIS.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Trade emotionally volatile Dwight Howard for...

Demarcus Cousins. Because his emotional volatility is "different" (?) (According to most)

Face it, if you value a center TODAY, the top ones come with some warts. Its why Cousins hasnt been traded from Sac yet, just arent other premiere options out there and questionable if they upgrade the team

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Hakeem fought his @$$ off and didn't crap off of anyone...

Dwight is called a punk if he just takes the punishment..

Dwight is called a dumb @$$ if he stands up and retaliate..

So know what he does he's not going to win...

On the other hand... JB should be the one on the refs butt at the beginning of the game and taking a Tech if need be to get the refs attention... It's his job to stand up for his players and not just blast be at the press conference.

T_Man

15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Oak,

I respect what you're saying, but you never know what you will do until you're put into that situation... So it's easy for all of us to say we would do this or we would do when we're not in that situation.

I can say that I have gotten angry big time at the gym when some ignorant fool that is guarding me and doing nothing but fouling me and i'm not getting paid a dime. So I can only imagine how Dwight feels....

Now i'm not saying what Dwight did was right, but I actually blame JB for not stepping and protecting his player... That's his JOB!!!!...

T_Man

16. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Don't want to say it, but its attention deficit hyperactivity.

17. cebu

cebu Member

18. onreego

onreego Member

It's interesting, some of us get on Dwight for losing his cool and get techs to the point of calling him "stupid" yet expect the the coach to do that exact thing. Seems the assumption is that JB doesn't stand up for his players unless he's getting a tech.

19. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

He's never been the brightest crayon in the toolbox.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]