1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Dwight stupid?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Jan 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Bro, I like your takes most of the time but you're being a tad bit unfair. Night after night when ESPN calls you out for bad games or you're labeled as soft its frustrating...on top of when the reffs have a clear agenda against you.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Howard is asking for it all the time, I've been watching him closely this season and he's constantly fouling players when backing down, constantly pushing guys around, constantly stiff arming and flinging his arms up. He, along with Beverley can play like assholes a lot of the time.

that's not to say he doesn't actually get terrible calls a lot, because he does, but he also does a lot of dumb BS and also gets away with a lot.

He also isn't a Dbag, we all know he's nice and we'll intentioned, but I think he's just a very emotional player who makes who makes bad decisions when he's heated, and also doesn't understand that the rules have changed with the level of physicality is allowed in today's nba. He would have thrived in the pre millennium nba.

3. You Stone

You Stone Member

oakdogg been drinking too much. Gotta learn from Hakeem and keep calm, relax. Not gonna start drinking over a basketball game.

4. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Cuban said he was a very smart guy.....then he chose Houston and he said Howard wasn't too smart for picking Houston.

Mavs Video For Dwight Howard

5. NickKent

NickKent Member

Yes. How the hell do you get ejected two nights in a row. Stupidity

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight has been in this league too long to get baited into this.

Learn something from dream

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Wait, you're asking this in the form of a question? Like we didn't already know Dwight is moron?

You can tell this clown didn't go to college. Zero discipline, maturity, or improvement on and off the court since his Orlando days.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

That first technical was indeed dumb, you can't just grab Dudley to show what he did...the technical in OKC where he wrapped up Singler was also not very smart. Still, what these referees call and let go, it's night and day between Howard and the next guy..

9. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

dwight could get a tech if he touches anybody, motions to the ref, makes too much eye contact with the ref, talks to the ref, talks to himself, talks to a teammate too loudly, holds the ball, bounces the ball, throws the ball, places the ball on the floor and jogs away, makes an incredulous face, stands completely motionless, turns and walks away too quickly, turns and walks away too slowly, claps too much, smiles too much, opens his eyes too much

10. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

I thought that was the definition of insanity :p

11. MistaK

MistaK Member

Dwight is getting some bs calls called against him BUT like has been said, he has been in this league long enough to know better. Both Ts vs OKC and vs Wsh could have been avoided.

I totally get that he is frustrated but call out the officials after the game or whatever but don't get yourself ejected 2 games in a row.

That being said, the officiating has been so damnn frustrating. I don't usually complain about refs but this season they seem to have it out for the Rockets at times.

• Howard gets hammered a lot and gets called for ticky-tack fouls.

• If a player trips anywhere near Bev, you bet he will be called for a foul

• Harden doesn't get the calls he used to get in the past, even when hammered and on the offensive end he gets called for quite a few push offs, usually late in close games (other stars don't get called for those kind of fouls)

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I don't think this is correct. They showed it pretty clearly on TV. I could be wrong of course, but it would take showing the video for me to retract. Even the announcers agreed with my take.

1 person likes this.
  13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

You're getting a little weird here. I'd advise you post less & read more for a good while.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Was he a saint before those 2 rings?

No one is perfect. I'm sure facing these types of situations night in and night out for 12 years will have you frustrated and make you react.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well he's had several games taking less than 10 shots and rarely demands the ball so yeah maybe a little
    [​IMG]

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Pushes someone - he's dumb. Doesn't push anyone - he's soft. Gets the ball in the post - he's killing the offense. Changes game, never touches the ball - he's not elite.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Lay the hammer while doing so as an anonymous keyboard warrior?

[​IMG]

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly, Dwight has to know better.

DD

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't understand why everyone is referencing Hakeem, in this discussion. Part of the frustration, I'm sure, is that Dwight can't generate a ton of offense by himself. If Hakeem ever got mad at the situation, he would just channel that anger / frustration into skillful offensive moves on the next possession. When Dwight channels his anger / frustration, he tries to do something in the post which usually results in an offensive foul or otherwise, that doesn't get him points nor help the team.

People need to stop saying "dude should learn from Hakeem" or "just do what Hakeem does and forget about it." They are NOT the same player and this is NOT the same game as it was from 20 years ago.

Just because someone didn't go to college means they lack discipline and maturity?

LOL

Signed, LeBron, Kobe, KG, etc.

20. You Stone

You Stone Member

Forgive me if I think it's perfectly fine for someone to not want to get hurt in a contract year. Dwight just wanted to tell the refs NeNe was pulling down the same arm he did a WWE move on earlier to injure and that you need to call it or this guy is gonna injure me. The refs let it happen. Period. Hear Dwight out for once. You could see NeNe was on a mission to get that second tech.

If I am Dwight I would rather sit out. Once the other team starts playing dirty and the refs don't care then forget it. Didn't the Rockets win 4 straight without Dwight? We have lots 3 straight since his return. And be honest, you didn't drink one beer last night?