1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Dwight stupid?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Jan 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

He should be competing to win. If so, he'd opt not to do stupid sh#t that contributes to our losing.

2. ibm

ibm Member

exactly my take on this one.

3. You Stone

You Stone Member

Maybe you're right, but if players are gonna keep holding me and beating me up just to get me a second T and ejected then maybe I want to sit out the rest of the game in a contract year.

Maybe Dwight is smarter than you think. NeNe came at him like an animal and the refs didn't even signal a T. He was baiting Dwight and they didn't stop him.

4. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Lol, so many stupid ass people in this thread. So you mean you're just gonna walk away if a guy is grabbing at your neck and swiping at your head? Nene was going at Dwight and being unnecessarily physical, plain as day.

5. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Seems like the ref that he did that to didn't get mad, the other **** head did though.

6. oakdogg

You watched the Rockets, and you didn't notice Hakeem matured with time? You seriously remember Hakeem throwing punches when he won championships? Best check that memory...

7. boiler

boiler Member

I thought Nene was ejected? No?

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Exactly. He's mentally weak and can't control his emotions. People can complain about these last two games but he has 12 TECHNICALS so far and on his way to being suspended soon just like last yr.

9. oakdogg

If he doesn't like it, quit and give us back the $20M a year. We aren't paying him for rebounds. We aren't paying him for blocks. We are paying him for wins, so he needs to grow the f up.

10. ibm

ibm Member

otoh, yao handled it much better tho.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He can't win. Either he is soft/pu$$y

Or he is a stupid instigator

Fuukk it.

League is a fukiing joke.

If anything this shows how valuable he is to the team.

12. You Stone

You Stone Member

The initial call was a double foul with all that crap that went on. No ref signaled a T. After the review they decided to throw out NeNe too, because it was obvious he created all of that. He pulled down the same arm NeNe injured earlier. As JB said, that's cheap and dirty.

He might, let's see what he does. But he shouldn't have to take the crap he's had to deal with.

13. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I completely agree with you.. Competitive sports is emotional. If they didn't show any emotion, there is criticism of lack of heart.

Any one on this forum who thinks that you will somehow get a zen ability to control your emotions just because you are in a professional league and earning millions are wrong.

Saying that, there is a Duncan way to do things.. Instead of complaining, approach them and voice your concern during a timeout.. I dunno, write a letter to the league if it comes to that!

I think those dumb fouls where he sets moving screens or pushes people out of the way are horrid (he seems to be doing those much less). But the evolution of big man play is actually more mental than physical..

14. oakdogg

Man, here's the schism. Half the ppl are caught up in the refs being more to blame than Dwight. That's not what the other half are arguing about. Refs might be awful. But Dwight is wrong for not learning how to deal with it better after all these years in the league. The only thing Dwight got out of protesting the way he did was a big fat L for his team.

15. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

If you watch it closely, it was actually the ref who slapped Dwight's hand away after Dwight touched him on the arm.

Not only that, but it was the same ref (#58) who gave Dwight the first Tech, which was questionable in itself.

You can argue that the mere act of touching the ref warranted a tech, but don't go saying things that just aren't true.

16. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Why not? Sometimes you got to lay the hammer.

17. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

it would be stupid on Dwight's part to take a beating from NeNe on every play though.

He can't win either way you look at it...

18. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

No one has accused him of being smart.....except Mark Cuban after their Free Agency pitch to Dwight, in which they pushed a cartoon bit portraying D12 as a super hero with the Mavs. Corny and stooping down to a kid's level.

19. You Stone

You Stone Member

Thank you! They weren't going to stop until Dwight got his second T. The refs let it happen.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

So true. The refs were looking right at it and didn't do ****. I don't blame nene if it works **** it go for it