1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One day Dwight will break

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 30, 2016.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

This season's over anyways, Dwight might as well punch someone in the face and get suspended for 15 games to get some ****ing respect from the rest of the league. People love messing with Dwight because they aren't intimidated by him.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yao used to get much worse. You just have to play through this, and not try to be disturbed easily. Easily said than done. Channel that anger to scoring and defense, punish them instead of complaining to the ref.
    That said, what Howard did is understandable.

3. You Stone

You Stone Member

He might. We will see what he does after this season. But it's obvious the NBA does not want him on the Rockets.

4. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I think Dwight might pull out a pistol mid-game one day when the refs refuse to give him a call.

5. You Stone

You Stone Member

Yao also decided to retire before he turned 30 because of how he was officiated.

6. theredbackpack

i love dwight but i fear one day he will snap and just clock someone who totally doesn't deserve it, like a plumlee brother or something, and people will hate him for that. but blake knocks out a guy half his size and everyone thinks it's a joke. the nba is dumb.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh cry me a river,

Hakeem had it much worse than Dwight, he was facing illegal defenses, triple teams, and tons of fouls on every play.

Did he have hurt any body? no. Oh what happens if he hits Curry or Lebron?
    he'll definitely be suspended for the playoffs.

Like our defense was bad already, losing Dwight would be matador like.

Learn from Hakeem

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TNZN_eHderg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Only a Tinman comment could outdo the officiating this weekend.

Truly classic old Tinman.

"That potato isn't cooked properly"

Tinman: oh give me a break, Hakeem one time ate a carrot that was still 4 inches under the ground. He's so much better than you

2 people like this.
  9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Dwight will not snap, he sees NBA games as fun, not like a challenge. There is a reason why Kobe and Dwight didn't get along. Kobe wants winning and glory, Dwight is glory first then winning. We just need a player, or a coach that can lead Dwight. I'm sure if Dwight does not have to play games to win championship, he would take the ring without apology. We just have a player that is fun and games, not mentally will to win games. Dwight needs a mentor like Kevin Garnett, both similar background to the NBA, but both have different outlook on the NBA. Have we seen Hakeem lately which maybe one of the reason Dwight is mentally weak right now.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you've just described Kevin McHale. McHale was that kind of player, and while he might not have been the world's best coach, this is what he provided for Dwight. We're missing that right now.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Sorry pal, you were like 2 years old when you saw the Rockets play.

Hakeem got it much worse than Dwight by the refs. You realize there was no zone defense when Dream played? they had to actually guard people down low.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ax9n6JJgq-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry, my standards for the best Rockets players are much higher than yours

#31 tinman, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

Thank you for the Rockets history.

Dwight didn't have it bad as other Rockets had it worse and didn't get kicked out.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...wons-advice-to-dwight-howard-watch-the-fouls/

Hakeem Olajuwon’s advice to Dwight Howard: Watch the fouls

“The main thing Dream has been telling me is really to stay on the floor,” Howard said. “He knows I want to use my physical play to beat down opponents, but more so, use my legs and my feet instead of my arms and try to make it a weight-room match. That’s his big message, just keep playing as hard as I am, keep dominating the paint, but stay on the floor.”

1 person likes this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

dream is right. a lot of dwight's offensive fouls are due to him leading with the shoulder. he should be bumping off (or delicately nudging :grin: ) defenders with his hips instead

14. ApuN

ApuN Member

Good pointing this out

Too many Clutchfans haven't seen enough basketball to know that its just excuse making for Dwight

The reality is Dwight is mentally soft.

There's a fine line between "having fun" and "goofing" and being just plain immature and unprofessional.

If he could hit his free throws, alot of this stuff wouldn't be happening but he is too much of a mushbrain to get over that

To get tossed two games in a row is not on the refs -- the guy just don't have enough upstairs and players like that don't win championships

1 person likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

If Dwight Howard played in the 94 Finals against he Knicks he would have been ejected in the first quarter of game 1

16. tinman

Supporting Member

I love how my posts owns you that you don't care about what the OP really says

I guess as long as the OP doesn't say I hope he hurts Tracy McGrady. you are ok with this.

pathetic.

My video says I hope he blocks Curry's shot, like Hakeem blocking Jordans.

He's just admitting that Dwight is weak.

17. malakas

malakas Member

you are correct. They are baiting him because they know that they can get him thrown out. It happens iwth some players who are hotheads.
    Esp Dudley for example, I have seen him do it against some players.

But also the league not only vs Dwight but all big men, it has two ways of officiating. The guards can't be touched and it's a foul, and the bigs are being slammed and it's nothing.
    But it IS also DWIGHT'S FAULT.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yes he'll snap and act "hard"

And be like Demarcus Cousins and his bad W/L record

I think Dwight is doing what he can. He should just keep being him and working hard and follow a "Dirk" like path to the ring.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I think you of all people tinman shouldn't say your post owns me, considering the past few occasions you haven't been able to come up with some ****ty retort in your make believe world.

But keep fighting that never ending crusade, pal.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

So you agree with the OP?

that Dwight should hurt Steph Curry??

The other people agree with me. Take the Hakeem route.

Hakeem Olajuwon was not make believe, he is by far the greatest Rocket of all time. I know you never saw him play, but you should at least know that if you are to call yourself a Rockets fan.