1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 1/30/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 30, 2016.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Mentioned the refs phantom call on Beverley.
    Said refs aren't supposed to dictate the game.
    "It was not a good group"
    They do not know how to officiate Dwight and it's time they are held accountable.

Also a ref said that he saw JB calling for a timeout before he ran on court but still didn't call it.

He was pissed.

2. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

terrible terrible loss. so many head scratching calls by the refs. so many head scratching decisions by JB.

Leaving Clint in to get hacked and then taking him out UNDER 2 minutes is epic level stupid. No defense, no rebounding, no pick n roll threat. All wash had to do was switch every p n r b/c lawson or ariza isn't a threat to roll to the basket.

Sucks that Harden started the season so out of shape and torpedoed our season. (Yea I said it. He's a great player, Top 7 for sure but its clear that he has played himself into shape this year.) Bev and Ariza are doing exactly what we need from them, so is Dwight.

Hopefully we get a real coach this offseason, and a long term solutions at PF. The major pieces of a contender are in place. We just need a general.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Brewer sucks so JBB solution is to start him? Huh?

DD

4. ibm

ibm Member

one game too late. 24 hours ago was the right time for him to go off, not now. that may have saved tonight's game, if he was gonna go off anyway...

5. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets are top 10 in offense, bottom 5 on defense and top 1 in frustration.</p>&mdash; Jeff Balke (@jeffbalke) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeffbalke/status/693641915305054208">January 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I'd rather have back hole Thornton in there than black hole TJ. Seriously, TJ is awful

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

JB may be a good assistant coach. But from what I have seen so far, he is just that at best. Alvin Gentry is another example. Lack of in-game instincts and quick reaction.

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I agree you on the coach part. Capela can't make any freethrows, and JB still put him in for being hacked. The ridiculous thing is he took out Caplea under 2 minutes.... This coach is absolutely a HEADLESS CHICKEN!!!

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lmao.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Terry was benched in Thunder game.
    Thornton was benched in Wizard game.
    Guess who will be benched next game?

11. rocketsmetalspd

True. How can he give 30 minutes to Brewer and not give any PT to Thornton?

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Why take out the back able players under the 2 minute mark? I get it from 3 mins to 2 mins but why did Capela not go back in and then just throw smith in on the last play? I really am confiused, did I miss something ?

13. You Stone

You Stone Member

What's gonna happen next game?

IIRC, last time JVG called out the officials things went from bad to worse.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his previous excuse was that brewer is a better defender than thornton. however, brewer got murdered by beal off the dribble in the first half. and in general, brewer gambles on his man nonstop, leaving our paint exposed over and over.

15. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Not completely clean nor the whole interview but here were key points. Im sure a video will come soon
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    [what was the thought process on last shot]

JB: try to get james the ball, obviously, pressure the defense, got to the rim couldnt convert. Be aggressive, 1 pt game, He gets to basket, puts some foul pressure on them.

[Question about losing Dwight]

JB: its not fair the way the referees ref dwight. you can look at clip after clip of them initiating contact, grabbing and holding him, he gets punished more than anyone in the league, refs need to be held accountable. if refs want to keep it clean they shouldnt allow them to grab his neck, arms and shoulders- hes going to get hurt. the reason why he has back and knee problems is people jumping on his back grabbing shoulders. refs need to be held accountable for letting people attack dwight and be physical and dirty. Its not physical, you know they let dwight be physical and the game be clean thats one thing, but theyre not clean with the way they play. we dont mind being physical,we're not afraid of that but cheap is one thing. playing to grab someones shoulders, arms, thats not clean basketball and thats not just tonight but tonight was an example of it. You look at dwight now hes got ice on his shoulder, elbow... these are new injuries those arent things happening before. If the referees would have done their job to begin with it would have never escalated the situations. and we lose dwight now twice in a row in crucial situations.

[rambling in another question]

JB: Referees should be invisible in a game. I called timeout 46 times, standing there. he acknowledged they saw me. Those are plays that cant be missed. They win the game on one point on that technical foul.

[Lady asks question]
    JB:-interrupts-That's it. *walks off stage*

1 person likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

Thanx. Repped.

He will get fined and will make the refs more likely to get angry and more biased.:rolleyes: Esp since he's a rookie coach. Let's see if their assosiation tries to say smth.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Got a feeling it won't be the only 1 or 2 point loss or 1 or 2pt win.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wow rigged again?? How the **** u acknowledge it and then don't follow it up with action? League out for a black coach?

19. Rocketsnbeyond

A perfectly rigged NBA game. The foul on Beverly in the 4th was one of the worst calls I've seen. How do you get a foul when someone steps on the back of your heel and trips? If I was driving 30mph on a 30mph road and someone were to slam my rear bumper going 60mph. Would it make sense for me to be at fault? No!!! Because of that call the Wizards went to the free throw line. Did anyone in the Arena see this play? Because everyone was so fricken quiet. Wake up people we know the NBA is messed up. But I didn't pay money to watch NBA rigged Cavs vs Warriors in the finals again.

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thanks, I just watched the vid.