1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Insider: Trade targets: Can Dragic or Love make Rockets contenders?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AnthonyJFranks, Jan 27, 2016.

1. CertifiedTroll

Rathet keep Jones than Thadues Young. Why not throw some stuff at Boston for Amir Johnson and Marcus Smart. The tricky spot is that they probably really want Capela. I would give them DMo and KJ, but I wouldn't move Capela.

To be 100% I probably overvalue Capela and undervalue DMo. But I think these two players would help our team a lot.

2. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

These guyz are Awesome! Unfortunately from what we have observed this season, more talent isn't what this team lacks most to be victorz in a potential playoff series.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

When I re-(re-re-)read Codman's post about "Tennakey" and "guy who can guard 1/2/3/4" or whatever (i.e., when he said we're looking at acquiring Tyreke Evans), I think Cod also mentioned he doesn't like (or might not like) the price.

Knowing Cod's affinity for Ariza, I wouldn't be stunned if the Pels were asking for Ariza as part of the package. Hell, they might as well take Lawson, too, with us aiming somehow to swipe Anderson.

In any case, does Tyreke have a bad knee or does he have a ;) bad ;) knee? Will Trevor's torrid play of late (San Antonio's prison-raping notwithstanding) continue?

When will the Pels throw in the towel on the season, finally telling their fans that the playoffs are out this season?

If anything gets done with the Pels, like everything else in the league, it'd happen at the deadline.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Tyreke, another injury prone player...no thanks!

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Would love Mirza Teletovic

A stretch 4 off the bench that can hit 3s would do wonders. Could also slot him into starting line up instead of Smith

6. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Ya i think it is pretty obvious that they want jones+ariza, and i dont think theres a chance in hell they take brewer.
    I dont know how we can acquire evans and iam not even sure if i want him because of the fit, but ive gotten to a point where id trade brew and tjones for anything we can get.
    Morey is gonna have to pull another rabbit out of the hat on feb 18

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

More like, "out of his ass", but something will get done.

Only way I'd want Tyreke is if the sore knee thing mentioned in the media isn't much of anything. Seems like he's had his share of injuries, though.

One good thing we can say about Harden is the dude doesn't miss games (and I should avoid jinxing him with the very mention).

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Supposedly Jeff Teague is on the block. Anyone feeling Jeff Teague?

9. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I would love to get teague, but again what can we offer atlanta that they would be interested in?
    I watched the atlvs Ind game last night and he was penetrating at will against george hill who is a real good defender. Maybe his 3pt shot was on but he looked better then average

Malakas mentioned that maybe atl want to clear cap space so could lawson + jones for scott and teague or korver and teague happen? maybe but i seriously doubt it

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I seem to remember Morey bring interested in Teague last year. He is a better offensive player than Beverley and probably about as good defensively (since Beverley has regressed). Teague makes 8M this season and 8M next.

Teague has the look for someone that would play better "off the ball" in the backcourt with Harden than Lawson.

11. BinBinRingRing

IDK man, I do not believe Rockets is a trade piece away from being a contender. They need to develop identity, chemistry and spirit

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

That's why I think there won't be any major moves at this deadline..

Now over the summer.. is a different story especially if the Rox are booted out in the first round.

13. deshen

deshen Member

14. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Why does Corey Brewer get so much play time. Josh hit 2 threes and him and Lawson aren't in

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

16. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Rockets are definitely not a move away from contending so why not start shedding salary now so when the summer comes you have tons of cap space to work with? I think waiting for the summer is too late to start wanting to make cap opening moves.

I read from an ATL beat writer that the type of guard they'd be looking for was a Beverely (he mentioned a few other players but don't remember) type guy. and just recently some guy who may hear some rumblings of rumors on Twitter said a lot of teams are calling Morey about Beverely and that one of the teams was definetly the Hawks. (Take it all with a grain of salt)

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am not sure what new players would move the needle at this point. If we don't play defense there is now way our offense can out score other teams. We are 49 games in and we have not shown the desire to play d for 48 minutes and every night. Until that happens we are going to wallow around 500 and be first round fodder. How exciting for us fans. Throw a case of beer in the cooler and get ready for a 4-2 playoff exit. Maybe that will lead to some fundamental changes in the offseason.

18. AnthonyJFranks

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Allegedly, there's a small, open house tonight at the TC.

Let me know if the lighting seems welcoming. :p

The Bullets will be looking to stop that skid. In some way, we may be accommodating some help to those behind-closed-doors issues. Smoov changes this somewhat, but there's still some Malagueta fire;), among other things, burning around

Remember all of those meetings we had early on? We're not the only ones.

20. malakas

malakas Member

Ok I got nothing from this..except that the Wizards have internal issues. Which is understandable. Perhaps Whittman will get fired. It's strange though if they have big lockeroom problems with Duds and Gortat there, some true professionals and excellent lockeroom ppl.

Can you explain to me if possible what would be the incentive of Was to let Nene go?