1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 1/29/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2016.

1. You Stone

You Stone Member

6-9 is still 6-9 and 7 feet is still 7 feet. Getting bigger don't make you taller.

2. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

^but first, a j to be smoked.

3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

DMO has not recovered from the worst case of vaginitas ever seen. There are people who had heart transplant surgery that have recovered faster than DMO.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Why didn't Josh Smith play more ? i thought he played well when on the court

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He could of made up for it down the stretch with defense. But NO this *** tard league lets p*rn Stache elbow D12 and then Ts up D12 on the retaliation.

*** this league.

Yes d12 needs to hit FTs for sure but ***, 5 on fukn 8 and the game was still close at the end. Okc sucks Fukn meth head hillbillies

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

If I were morey I'd get rid of TJones and Brew asap. Brew's ok but the coach can't help himself he plays Brew way too much, and Tjones bro...I feel bad for the guy but somehow he though he'd reinvent himself as a stretch 4 when his game should be more LMA. He should be given a dressing down for even attempting that 3 pt shot SMH.

If I were JB I'd lock these guys up and have them shoot 3s all day and all night. Forget plays and rotations, these don't matter the Rox rely on talent anyway. Just shoot threes its embarrassing a professional NBA team can't hit open 3s.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I have to agree.

8. boojaka

boojaka Member

Simply no defence and offence!Looks like they don't make right decisions (brews three pointer).. In 4th qurters like this no low iq players should be allowed oncourt (brewer jones thorton). Let Smith Harden Lawson Ariza(?) finish off the games when we need to catch up. Harden needs to move more around without a ball (few last qrtr posesions when he gives the ball and waits to go back on defence). At this point it looks like they are tired of something. David Blatt would have been a perfect coach for Rox to get into the groove mentally. Hope Dmo is back soon to give this team more IQ. Speachless...

9. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

How are we going to face the Mav?

But face Okc in the first round, beat them avoid GS and face the Spurs in the second round, a team that we play well.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Josh Smith would be the second "Thornton" for JB.

JB will lock him in doghouse for some games.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Because JB loves Terrence Jones.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I just got home and missed the game. Was Howards ejection warranted or no?

13. bynxdr88

bynxdr88 Member

I just dont understand why bickerstaff is not using kj mcdaniels! Give this guy a break... Why stick with the same rotation that is not working??? We are 25-24.. Thornton is not a team player all he do is jack up crazy shots.. Spurs are using all their players! Management are disrespecting rockets loyal fans!

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If Josh Smith can play 30 mins tonight, we win this game.

15. illwil29

illwil29 Member

I understand that but you don't let a guy catch the ball 2 feet from the basket. Draymond green is only 6 9 and I guarantee Kanter would have never caught the ball that close. Antoine Carr used to make a living pushing guys away from the basket.He played backup center a lot.

16. You Stone

You Stone Member

It took D-Mo a lot of hard work to get to the level you saw him last season. It will take a lot of work to return to that level and it won't just happen. Believe it or not he is the only chance the Rockets have if they want to beat teams in the playoffs.

17. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

dude people are acting like we just gonna stink in the regular season, and some how get a 6-8th seed and just turn up the nobs. As you can see by Gsw,Sas,and now Okc, houston is not going anwhere in the playoffs. 1st round

This team is mediocre at best. Only reason no real major changes is because they are holding on to a playoff seed and its near the middle of the season. Last year would of been panic buttons, trades, all sorts of non sence. They were 33-15 on feb 3 last year.. 25-24 now.

This is not a contender but i dont think dhoward and harden is the future. Maybe if you can get a 2nd scoring option, lawson is not that at all. Im just kinda had it with this mediocre play. Another wasted season.

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

When Harden was covered by 2 Thunder players, no one can pass ball on the court.

Pathetic to see Josh was benched and Ariza or Beverly was bricking...

19. You Stone

You Stone Member

Green has that Barlkey build while Jones is a PF tweener with a SFs body. He doesn't have a position and that's why he is bad on most nights and really good on others when bad teams don't match up well (really slow PFs who he can beat in transition, or old players who are not tall or athletic).

20. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Okc is just a better team now.... we can beat teams like Dallas and Memphis but at the level of the spurs and GS this season.