1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Shhhhhhh

You need to look in the Crystal HollicBall, Hezonja will be a sure fire superstar, along with Cody Zeller.

I don't think the value is that wacky, Hezonja was a high pick, and you can't really tell much about a player, you have to give more time then just half a year to a euro rookie to prove him self. But it would be a risky trade this Dekker also has potential, but more importantly Capela has shown he can and is fulfilling his potential. With Howard and DNP's injury issues if hesitate to trade him.

2. basketballholic

We're going to have to trade for or sign a backup 5 regardless.

3. dmoneybangbang

I agree with the bolded for sure. Despite Capela's slump, you're trading a player with the length and quickness to match up with NBA 4s and 5s for a player who is still an unknown despite interesting potential.

I'd give up Harrell (another unknown player with interesting potential) sooner than Capela simply because we aren't in a spot where we can risk/wait on Hezonja. I'll tip my hat to Hezonja's potential definitely.

4. THEVIPERSNIPER

THEVIPERSNIPER New Member

Sign Putney + Alan Williams(former viper)
    trade TJ+DMO+LAWSON for Okafer+ISH
    trade brew for Morris

#2625 THEVIPERSNIPER, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Lawson cannot be had next year, he has a contract.
    Obviously Morey is highly likely to waive his non-guaranteed year if he has a chance at a prime time FA.
    Ty is only 28, not too old for their core - if anything their core needs some age to guide it (ok, Ty might be exactly the wrong guide!!) I could see a world where they might take a flyer on him. They might prefer Ish (probably rightly so), but you never know in the wild world of the NBA

6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I wanted Hezonja headed into the draft and was hoping Morey could work some miracle to go up to get him.

That being said, quality big men are hard to let go for a reason: (1) they should help you get "easy" buckets and (2) they help stop the other team from getting easy buckets.

For Hezonja, I would do a deal that looks like:

F/G KJ Daniels + F Sam Dekker + F Montrez Harrell + NYK 2nd

for

F/G Mario Hezonja + C Dewayne Dedmon

Orlando gets better defensively (Daniels, Harrell) as well as gets a promising F in return (Dekker). The high 2nd helps them keep their cupboard stocked. Moreover, as Malakas pointed out, maybe it allows them to be more competitive this year to make a run at the 8th seed in the East.

Houston picks up a promising wing player to develop behind Ariza. Dedmon can give us some minutes in the paint behind Howard and Capella.

As an aside, I would also love in the Knicks were pulled into the deal and Houston was able to move T. Jones & Dedmon for Kyle O'Quinn. Houston would have a defensive front-court rotation that would be one of the best in the league.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Here is my random idea to make this team much better.

Just cut the scrub Dekker straight up. Dekker for a roster spot is a win situation.

I don't want any player in return. He is not even worth a bag of chips.

8. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Ah yes, the ever valuable dead money. Why have a bag of chips when you can have a negative bag of chips?

9. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

10. Parley

Parley Member

11. Parley

Parley Member

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

So bringing in 2 question marks instead of one?

13. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

Jones, Brewer, Lawson, KJ for Middleton, Antetokounmpo, Parker, Bayless.

14. rockets06

rockets06 Member

For Jeff Teague I'd honestly give up any combination of:
    Expirings- Lawson, Terry, Thornton
    2015 draft selections- Dekker, Harrell
    McDaniels(don't play him anyway)
    Brewer(would help what was lost in Carroll)
    D-Mo(considering injury issues)

Would be a major upgrade at PG

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Teague and someone else for Ty and Jones

I even take Dennis instead of Teague as I'm a big fan of the kid

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm telling you guys, this is the trade we need to make:

HOU In: Mirotic
    CHI In: Asik, Thornton, Gee
    NOP In: TJones, McDaniels, Dunleavy

Houston gets a young stretch 4 that is playing with the wrong supporting cast (and sometimes in the wrong position) in Chicago. Also, Mirotic can help us recruit Llull next year, provide a hedge if DMo get's too big an offer, and has played for Ettore Messina (my target coach). The only real rotation lose is Thornton, but Terry gives you almost the same skillset.

Chicago replaces Noah, who is out for the rest of the season and will probably walk in free agency. While Asik played under a different coach, it was the current FO that brought him in initially. The bulls also need help at the wings, so they get Gee for defense and Thornton for shooting.

NOP gets 2 younger prospects for the price of Asik. Their problems have been backcourt defense, which McDaniels brings, and TJones is a decent fit with Davis when Davis is playing the 5. Dunleavy brings a veteran presence, and is signed through 2017-2018 on a reasonable deal.

I think everyone wins here, and is better off after the trade than they were before.

17. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I really still am in shock that morey picked dekker when we had KJ brewer locked up behind ariza...Portis was right therr for the taking in our weakest position.

Anyhow Hezijona would be a real get but i wouldnt add capela to the trade his potential is too high at the most important position for me to like that especially considering dwight will probably opt out....getting a verbal agreemant from dwight changes things obviously

18. jogo

jogo Member

Hou swaps Jones, Brewer with Chi for Snell and Gibson

We get two defensive players to help us nut up in the playoffs. Opens up playing time for KJ if we plan to keep him. Gibson can start and Smith can back him up. Snell is there if we need another defender for matchups.

Why would Chi do it? Don't know if they would. But Gibson has always seemed to be a bench PF and maybe they want to open up playing time for Portis next year if they don't resign Jones? They need wing help supposedly and Brewer is not as bad as everyone on this board seems to think.

19. malakas

malakas Member

ahah teague huh?

I'm surprised why noone is saying the obvious here. What does it mean for Atlanta that they are suddendly let it leak that they have put their starting pg who was an all star this year on the market? They are doing pretty well in the standings..so why? They shouldn't be sellers.

If it was Horford who made it known that he might leave they would do as much neccesary to keep him by making offers for win now pieces not selling them.
    Therefore the most likely reason is capspace. They want to pay Bazemore. They are confident that Horford will stay.

No. Not everyone wins. NOP wins and Chicago loses. Asik has a horrendous contract that is too high and too long and he's playing crap and is often injured on top. He has significant negative value.

Yes Chicago next year will not have a center but that's not such a big problem when there are Whiteside, Dwight, Mozgov, Hibbert, Al Jef, Noah on the market and they will have two first rounders as well.

20. Ns575

Ns575 Member

you newbies to this website sure are smoking crack