1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs @ Warriors thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by UtilityPlayer, Jan 25, 2016.

1. solodolo

solodolo Member

We get it , you would bang curry the first chance you get

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Superstar PG Curry with 3 assist

3. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I think the biggest weapon against GSW is time. We're only at the half-season mark and veteran coaches like Pop knows that the season is long and ANYTHING can happen. The road to the championship is a long and winding one where injuries can occur, energy can sap, etc.

Warriors are playing lights out right now but the question is can they sustain this type of style for 82 games plus playoffs. More importantly, if you play this hard, will your body wear down and injuries occur? These are all issues Kerr has to deal with as teams progress into the second half of the season. Now that the Spurs got a taste of the GSW at their best, the coaches and players can go back to the game room and plan for the next three matchups. This is just 1 of 4 games BEFORE the playoffs begin, when games REALLY matter. Right now, teams are just sizing each other up and fixing the kinks.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Hate comes with success. And as the Warriors continue to steam roll through the league, fans/other opposing teams will hate their success/secretly envy it. Any small comment or act of pompousness will bring the haters out in full forces. The Warriors were/are the NBA's media darlings...and the level of attention for the game is the highest since Jordan left the game.

The Warriors do have ONE very profound weakness...AND that is team length and players that are able to guard multiple positions. Length bothers pinpoint/precision passing. Yes the Rockets fit that bill, but the Warriors as a whole shoot so well as a team. Curry just allows them to blow out opponents.

On a side note - What I do hope is that with all of this "team" success...NBA teams will focus on how to play MORE like a team. Perhaps the Warriors will force NBA teams to be unselfish.

5. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

tbh, I don't think they're playing that hard, where wear and tear becomes an issue. The starters sit out entire 4th quarters in what seems to be half their games. They're playing at a high level, but I don't know if it's a physically taxing high level... seems more like a mental/focus thing.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

that is a very huge strength isn't it rather than weakness:confused:

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Teams like the Bucks/Pistons/Toronto/Spurs/Rockets can pose issues for them because of their length and speed. However, these team dont possess the consistent shooting like the Warriors have. Additionally, their "hybrid triangle-motion" offense fosters sharing the ball and puts tremendous stress on defenses. Teams that have success against the Warriors get a ton of deflections and convert on fast break opportunities.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

my point was that the bolded part of the previous post is one of GSW's strength defensively and a huge part of what makes them great defensively. So team's that do possess length they can still adjust to that time of game and still play the same way. but i see what you were trying to say now.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Did you check the box score before you posted? Curry played the most mins at 28. Curry has a stickman body and think ankles so he can get injured any time, but the way they've been playing lessens the stress on his body and minimizes injury, I think Curry just played 3 quarters during this game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs-golden-state-warriors-2016012509/

10. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

I'm rather sure that his build actually makes him less injury prone as he carries much less weight. You can always be unluckyy and of course his ankles have a history, but in general wear and tear are not helped by bulking up. More weight: a lot more strain on your joints.

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

No, I wasn't. I respected what they did, and admire the accomplishment now.

But, no, I can't stand the fact that people always are asterisking '94 and '95 because of those Bulls teams. Yea, screw that, not rooting for their team. You are doing it wrong.

12. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Um....was I referring to the last game? I'm talking about GOING FORWARD as the team progress through an 82-game season. Look, let's not fool ourselves, the Warriors are trying to break the Bulls record. There's a reason no team has done it...until now. If they want to win 72+ games, they have to play lights out for the rest of the season. And we all know teams start to pick up in the second half as seeding and playoffs draw near. Warriors will not blow out every team by 30+ points. Warriors will have to play a high intensity game on both ends of the court, which, if you go through 82 games, no matter who you are, it's going to wear on you. Plus, a FREAK ACCIDENT can always happen. Land on someone's feet, trip on a leg, etc....

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Excellent post.

14. HoustonRockets

Thunder will beat them.

15. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Thunder have the length and speed to match up well against the Warriors. If OKC share and move the ball, they do have shot to beat them...but I'm still going with the Dubs.

16. BackdoorHarden

Warriors, Rockets, 49ers fan...you're dumb :mad:

17. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

You're greatly exaggerating how tough the playoffs were for the Warriors. For the regular season, the Warriors had a +10.1 point differential. In the playoffs, it dropped all the way to...+7.8. Yes, that number is lower, but it's an incredible mark considering there are no Kings, Lakers or Nets on the playoff schedule to fatten up against. +7.8 would be contending for best in the league for a regular season that didn't have a historically good team.

Obviously the playoffs are tougher than the regular season, but they're tougher for everyone. The Warriors still separated themselves by a huge extent in the playoffs.

18. BackdoorHarden

Yea, people keep saying the Cavs gave them a tough match up..but the 2 lose they had, it was a 2 points and 5 points lose and the 4 games they won, it wasn't close except for game 1