1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza has got to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

When you don't get playing time it's easy to get lost. There was no good reason not to try to develop him while Brewer was playing some of the worst basketball I've ever seen a basketball player play. I mean I've seen slumps in my time but that was by far one of the worst. He could have been on Shaqtin 4 to 5 times a game and we were still playing him heavy minutes and you are wondering why we wanted to give KJ a chance??

2. Classic

Classic Member

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Its not like we traded one for the other. We could have had them both.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yes but only a moron would sign Parsons to $15m per, especially when able to replace him with a better player at half the price.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah if only Ariza was actually better - which he is not.

If you compare them, Parsons is the much better offensive player, Ariza better defensive.....Parsons is that 2nd creator type that the Rockets have been missing since he left.....which now Smoov is going to be.

Losing Parsons was not good for this team, a 27 year old player that shoots as well as he does and can create, would be nice to have on this team.

Now, Ariza is not bad, and he is a nice replacement when you get Pwned in the restricted free agency wars as Morey did in the Parsons deal...but make no mistake our franchise lost out on a talent basis, which is ALL anyone should care about.

DD

#105 DaDakota, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Losing parsons was great because he has been injured for the majority of his mavericks career. Ariza, on the other hand, has been instrumental

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We could've kept him last year for 1 mil. Chandler loved it here we have no idea what he would have taken this past off season I do know that if he continues on his current tear he'll be worth the money especially on a team where you need more players who can get their own shots. Am also hearing the the salary cap will increase so I think not keeping him was a mistake on Morey's part.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He would not have been necessarily injured with the Rockets because those events would not have happened.

9. Robjos

Robjos Member

surreal

10. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

So you are saying that Parsons would have helped take us past GS last year? Much less help us beat the Clippers? You are delusional.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I said no such thing - only that we would be a better TEAM with Parsons than Ariza.

I prefer to keep the better TALENT - and not worry about the money.

DD

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah, because $$$ and fit don't matter at all. When you compare the two, Parsons isn't a good fit with Harden because both of them are bad defenders, we already have two guys who can playmake and create with Lawson and Harden and they don't necessarily mesh well together I mean Josh Smith provides that playmaking but that because he is on the bench, are you saying you want to pay Chandler 15M to come off the bench?

Also objectively speaking, Parsons gives a lot offensively but he also takes a lot defensively, you are paying 15M for a net neutral guy. On the other hand, Ariza gives a lot defensive but offensively he provides drives to the rim and 3 pt shooting, which are not negative offensively. So he is a net positive guy, and you are paying him half price to do so.

Ariza isn't just a nice replacement... he is a upgrade to the team. If we didn't have Harden then yeah, Parsons would be a loss. But we do have Harden so paying Parsons 15M is pretty stupid. As stupid as this thread saying Ariza has to go. Just look at their +/- man, Parsons was negative 30 Ariza was +21, Ariza owned Parsons the entire game.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Then you really shouldn't be posting your ideas DD, I would like to have Curry, Lebron, KD, Harden, Anthony Davis with Dwight and Cousins, Wall and Kawhi coming off the bench.

Money matters in the NBA. Saying X or Y are a loss without considering the real world ramifications is just silly because you can't do trades or keep guys without considering how much they make.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol and put up with Parsons bickering about playing time?

No drama for me pls. ;):grin:

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks for the reverse jinx

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL, You have no idea that he would do that and he would get plenty of playing time behind Ariza especially when we played small ball.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Even when it's obvious to EVERYONE, you still have stubbornly or ignorantly stick to your agenda. The Rockets are a better team with Ariza and without Parsons. The results, the record, speaks for itself no matter how you want to twist and shift your arguments.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think either you are being ignorant of how he left Houston in the first place....or living in an alternate reality

Let us recollect the events

"Oh I am a superstar, deserve to date a top model, I should be earning as much or better more than living Dallas legend Dirk Nowitzki, twice as much as my successor Trevor Ariza."

In another reality he would embrace his role player status, accept his 8 million offer not 15 mill and accept being a bench player on some nights.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

But if he were on the rockets he might have died

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We didn't have to let him go, we had him for another year at a very wise contract. What's clear on this site sometimes is you guys get so mad at a player in personal or character ways that it makes you sound like an illogical idiot and you won't realize it until you go back and read the bull**** you typed.

There is no way of knowing how this would have panned out but having Parsons for another year at that low contract would have been the smart thing to do. He went to Dallas because he was offered that much and he thought Houston would match. I don't know many people who would turn down 15 mil and we have no way of knowing that if he stayed another year in Houston that Dallas would have offered him 15 mil this past summer. He might have been cheaper and circumstances would be different.

Put simply him and Ariza together for 9 mil for one year is better than just a Ariza at 8 mil. If you don't agree with anything else I said you would have to be ignorant not to agree with that.