1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big 12 Expansion rumors

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tinman, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Major

Major Member

Agree on the Big 12 part, but on UH, that's easy to say, but there are no conferences making UH any offers as of this point or during any of the last several cycles of expansion.

2. shsu33

shsu33 Member

After the whole TSU debacle, keeping 1 black student out, I'm sure they felt they had to put an MLK statue. Doesn't change the fact they were very racist at one point. That's not even the point at which I was comparing the two anyway.
    Now you only want to hear from UH students or alum? That shows how badly you have lost in our discussions. I will continue to comment on why UH is the best option wether you like it or not and my opinion is just as valid as yours even with your 99er self inflated status. So keep forgetting UT's horrible past and continue to hate on UH b/c your scared of the Cougar monster that might be created from it. Pretty sad Mr. Tinnan, I expect better from a "99er"

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have the leverage.

Look East.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just relaying what the Big 12 ADs and press are saying. You are the one who keeps being optimistic about UH joining the Big 12, the athletic directors aren't saying that.

ADs from the Big 12 vs Non Alumni/Non Student UH fan

whom to believe?

They actually put the MLK statue in 99. Where's the MLK statue at UH?

5. shsu33

shsu33 Member

Why is Heman Sweatt's statue at the UT campus in Austin when they created TSU in Houston so he couldn't go to UT in 1st place? Don't pass off UT's sins then question UH, that's not right. Guy V Lewis had black players before any other SWC member. Sweatt & MLK statues at UT are more like apologies than admiration. Pretty sad

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Guys, stop derping up this thread.

Get back to pee-pee games.

Leave the good reverend out of it.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Don't blame me, post some articles about the Big 12 and an legit UH article and this non alumni talks about civil rights.

8. Major

Major Member

What leverage? Unlike a few years ago, no conferences are actively discussing expansion except the B12. Back then, The P10, B10 and SEC were able to add some premiere programs and expanded by choice. The ACC was on the verge of being raided, so they were forced to expand, but they are healthy now. There's no real need for any of these conferences to expand or disrupt any of their setups. And since they all just signed new long-term TV deals, it's going to be more difficult to get networks to renegotiate deals up since there will be more teams to split the money with.

9. shsu33

shsu33 Member

You brought up MLK statue, he said leave the good reverend out of it. That's on you. My comparison in earlier post are valid, you just don't like that it's true.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Something was off when Bigtexx dissed UH and you didn't blink an eye.

You didn't go to UH so that went over your head.

You didn't bring up any articles that prove your point that UH is the top contender to join the Big 12.

You bring up civil rights and I mention they have a MLK statue at UT.

Now you bring up TSU?

how about some Houston Tillotson for you!

11. tinman

Supporting Member

you brought up civil rights! didn't MLK stand up for Civil Rights?

You didn't even go to UH!!!

That's like some dude who watched Travel Channel telling me what to do in Europe, You ain't Rick Steves!

12. shsu33

shsu33 Member

You mean Huston Tillotson, and?
    I didn't attent UH but have always supported them and went to SWC games in the Dome, so why are my points not as valid? UT has so many bandwagon non alum/student fans it's ridiculous. So to put me off as non important is pretty ignorant.
    I brought up civil rights comparison to how UT is treating UH over the past 2 decades then claim Coog fans are entitled. Was a good comparison. You bringing UH into MLK statue & wether or not they had one is why I brought in Sweatt/TSU. Don't try and pass sins off esp if your school has UT's history.
    BigTexx comment didn't bother me, I made valid points on that as well. Haven't heard from him in awhile.
    My points have been valid, you just don't like that I'm right

13. shsu33

shsu33 Member

This is the last leg you got in this discussion? And it's a pretty lame argument btw. I can see you stomping your foot on the ground while whimpering that sentence. "You didn't even go to UH!!! Whaaa!" Just like the ppl saying, "there's too many TX schools in Big12 already!" So sad

14. tinman

Supporting Member

What? Nobody at UT cares about UH in the past 2 decades.
    maybe some UH students want to transfer to UT , that's all I can think off.

But you didn't go to U of H!! Let the UHers on the board speak about their university.

I watch the food network, doesn't make an Iron Chef.

Cougars = UH students/alumni/faculty

15. tinman

Supporting Member

You have not brought up 1 single point in your argument why UH should be in the Big 12 or anything credible by an Athletic Directors or press saying that UH is coming to the Big 12.

Plus you DIDN'T GO TO UH!

I'd rather have the UHers tell me what they think cause they are more knowledgeable and have vested interest in their university.

If some random dude gives you a ticket for speeding and he's not a cop, then he can't give you a speeding ticket!

you are him!

16. Nook

Nook Member

The University of Houston has greatly increased it's facilities and performance... it is far more attractive than it was only a few years ago.

The University of Houston should obviously court all P5 conferences, but the issue I have is this idea that it is Big XII or bust....... I don't think that is the case.

17. Major

Major Member

Ah gotcha. Yeah, I agree with all that. I think the potential problem is that expansion-mania is no longer around, so the B12 is the only one that really *needs* more teams.

18. shsu33

shsu33 Member

You can cry all you want about me not having attended UH but it doesn't make you right. What article do you need me to pull up that shows SEC has been kicking Big12's butt in rating in the Houston market? If Big12 wants to wear big boy pants, they should be able to dominate the biggest city in the biggest state they claim to control. Don't need an article to prove it esp when another poster produced the Bowl ratings just a page ago. Did you read that? If you did then your playing ignorant with me and if you didn't then your only paying attention to me right now. No other options.
    Your letting the UT entitlement to cloud your common sense. UH is the best option b/c it is in the Great H. Rice is only other FBS school that can claim that but their student population won't allow them to move up to P5 standard. Keep pining for the past when UT mattered and the threat of losing Houston recruits isn't looming over UT's head

19. tinman

Supporting Member

T shirt fan,

This is what the OU (Oklahoma not Texas) AD said:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...sidents-ominous-comments-dysfunctional-big-12

20. shsu33

shsu33 Member

A UT fan calling me a T shirt fan for UH is funny as hell. I've been a T shirt Coog fan since the Dome days in 1980's. Must make me a T shirt fan of Rockets/Astros/Oilers-Texans as well. Nothing wrong with being a fan of UH sports even though I went somewhere else. The T shirt UT fans from 2005-09 has definitely subsided. Your just mad that if UH gets in a P5 that Houston area kids will want to cheer for their cities university and not Texas.
    As for what OU AD said, I think that's good. I hope they look at all of those factors and have a very long discussion about it. Longer the discussion the more they realize how good UH is for them and that UT is just trying to keep Houston recruits.