1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A question to all those who bash James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 18, 2016.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Absolutely. This is a Five star post.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Harden doesn't play the same way as last year in defence or in offence. He is dribbling almost double as much as last year he has many more turnovers and he doesn't attack the paint as he used to.
    In defence his fall is even worse.

So to answer the op last year was last year. This is this year.
    A lot of players have changed attitudes in the history of the league. Some have become more team players others on the other hand have become more selfish.

3. dmorey

dmorey Member

harden can do whatever he wants
    he can party
    he can fool around
    he can do ****
    he can even play basketball whenever he wants to

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

[​IMG]

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lars may be right about DMo but lol at his comments about Harden

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Look, you cannot win in this league playing 4 on 5 on defense and then having a guy like Harden play ISO and a selfish style of play on offense. He is no LeBron. At least LeBron moves off the balls and makes the occasional cuts.

Like I said in annother thread, Without Harden, the sum of the parts becomes greater than the whole. Players play for each other, move off the ball, make cuts, share the ball etc

With Harden the sum of the parts is much less than the whole because Harden is a my ststs first selfish player who plays zero D. His effort or lack thereof rubs off on others. He doesn't want to share the ball and when he does he stays rooted to one position and the offense becomes stagnant and has no option to pass it back to him. Also he gives zero ****s on D and when you see that, why should fellow players bust their ass off for this guy

And LOL at you guys replying to larsv8, the fanboy. He has forever been a delusional no knowledge homer like jordnn and fizzle. He doesn't care about the team winning. His agenda is to protect people like Harden with cherry picked stats and absolve him of blame while calling everyone who doesn't agree with his delusional baseless notions a "pathetic fan"

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

By real plus minus he is currently down to #23 from #3 last year.

And this stat uses priors, meaning his awesome year last year helps him.

Which means he is truly having a frightful year by plus/ minus.

By single year RAPM he's most likely quite negative

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

If you dislike larsv8 so much why keep bringing attention to him? Just keep doing what you do, which is good for the most part ;)

9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Outside of about 12 games he has been bad this season. No real point arguing otherwise.

10. eman

eman Contributing Member

Redick went for 40.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

James Harden is just disrespecting basketball and his teammates with his lazy attitude.
    How can you stand with an lazy ass being your leader to win Championship?

He is not ME first player at all. Sometimes he even does not care how sucking he is.
    If he is ME first player, he should play like Russle Westbrook. But he isn't.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The main reason it's easy to defend Harden is because the offense is so predictable.

It's drive and kick, drive and kick.

So when Harden drives you know he's going to do one of two things...either take the shot or kick out.

Not only that but he kicks it out to unreliable three point shooters.

The team is broken and so dependent on one guy having great games.

I really don't like the Harden stuff, is he a problem? yes. But acting like he's THE problem ignores so many issues with this team.

1 person likes this.
  13. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

No he wasn't. Well, he was then he wasn't, but now he is again. I think that sums up everyone's frustrations.

Also, you're telling me you didn't expect him to be sluggish for the second game of a back to back in LA? Everybody on this board follows the team enough to know that James was partying hard between games. If you don't think that gets under his teammates skin, you're crazy.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

You keep bringing up this stupid narrative and here are a few reasons why we have not won a game without James scoring big.

1. Harden has such a high usage and way too many off nights. And when he has off nights offensively, he absolutely contributes in no other area and continues to jack up shots hoping they go in. He plays no defense, his doesn't move the ball. he keep trying to up his stats.

2. When other stars have off nights, they realize that and start contributing in other areas. LeBron has many off nights but he still gives it all on defense, dishes assists and helps others get better.

It is tough for this team to win when Harden's shot is not falling or he is not getting calls because he plays about 39 mins a game with high usage, no defense, ISO heavy and just jacking up shots hoping to get himself going.

Like I said Harden has become a my stats first guy. If we win in the process of Harden putting up big numbers, so be it to him. If not, he can always say look I did my all putting 30/5/5 and we still lost.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The hilarious thing about larsv is that he has hundred posters on his ignore list because he deems them unfit fans that are too negative. :grin:

That itself is absurd yet comical.

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I miss the real James Harden. :(

17. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

For the love of God, it's not Hubie Brown. It's Doug Collins

18. FTW Rockets FTW

Basically if you disagree with his deluded convoluted notions off to the ignore list you go. But the idiot will still respond to you.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Look, JVG, Bill Worrell and Calvin Murphy are frustrated with this team. What do you call them? Contrarians, signs of dementia, haters?

Who has the ball 24-7? Who wanted these coaches? It's time to start holding people accountable. If your going to call yourself great, you better back it up.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I really don't understand how some fans doesn't see the lackluster play , half ass effort, the I don't give a F____ attitude, and these insanely careless turnover after turnover. I refuse to believe some people on here are clueless to the fact that EVERY player has that confidence to score on Harden at will. JJ freaking Reddick scorched him for 12 quick points in the 1st quarter. Then when he started guarding either Paul's or even Crawford they torched him up as well.

How can anybody defend that BS. What really pissed me off was everybody kept on fighting but him. He had two golden opportunities to be who we all know he could be "The Superstar" the real MVP of last season. And this dude didn't even take advantage of that situation. He let his teammates down.

And thread starter, yes Harden's is starting to piss a lot people off. Even Reggie Miller said Harden needs to give max effort every night. Calvin Murphy spoke about this as well. Dude is not playing with that same passion from last season, especially on defense.