1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time for Houston to Deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZomgZ, Jan 16, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

Nah keep team as is and chase conley and durant in summer. YOU NEED 4 STARS TO WIN THIS ERA.
    GSW
    KLAY, Curry, Draymond, Barnes
    Cle
    James, irving, love, thompson
    spurs
    Duncan, parker, leonard, aldridge, manu
    Rockets
    Dwight, kd, harden, conley
    YES ITS POSSIBLE IVE DONE THE MATH

1 person likes this.
  2. Sanity2disChaos

In addition... A power forward like Milsap would be a perfect fit. Damn Morey.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We have to get us a real coach and get rid of this rental. That real coach needs to know how to handle different personalities/ big egoes. He also need to be able to tell Morey that he's the coach not him. Meaning I'm going to run my type of offense and not yours. In that offense I will implement some of your schemes in it. Then I want you to get players that will fit into my system. Players who will play with passion, heart and energy on both sides of the ball. A coach who will demand the very best from every player, especially his superstars.

This will not happen until this season is over.

Right now they need an actual stretch 4. So get on the phone Morey and see what you could package for Ryan Anderson. If you can't get him, then go after Thaddeus Young.

4. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Per NBA.com/stats: Howard (post ups 2015/16) 0.83 @ a frequency 29.9% Harden (post ups) 0.84 @ a frequency of 4.9%. Howard is 30 y/o and usually sports a post up ppp around 0.85. Howard has a reputation of hating PnR.....currently a frequency of 11.0%.

It's my belief Howard allowed the Rockets to run more PnR at seasons end and during the playoffs last year. Not so much this season. SB Nation report July 6, 2013 reported D12 signed with Houston w/ the opt-out and trade-kicker of 15%. Howard probably isn't going anywhere.

5. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Not until this summer anyway.....when he opts-out.

6. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Players I feel the Rockets will trade: Brewer/Ty/T Jones

Some possible throw-ins: Jet/KJ McDaniels/Dekker

Players I would like the Rockets to inquire about: Collison (Kings), Ryan Anderson, Teletovic, Brandon Knight, Jennings, Aminu, Augustin, Avery Bradley

*side note*i did not like the idea of acquiring Lawson; but I did not think it would be this bad. Guy has a good jump shot from the free throw line.....he can't even make those shots.
    Also keep in mind Lawson has handled the ball when he was a starter; which had Harden set up as a spot up shooter. To this we have found out, Harden is not a good spot up shooter. He tends to lose focus while watching another perimeter ball handler.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You do realize they miss open shots, turn the ball over, and dont have the skills to capitalize on certain opportunities, right? As a result, they b**** at each other out of frustration. That's not a coaching issue.

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Get Gallo for Ariza, Tjones and a 1st. :eek:

9. malakas

malakas Member

Vucevic is a center who can't defend. I don't see the fit here because if we put him in this team as our starting center we will automatically become the worst defence in the NBA. The Rockets are also a team who likes to run a lot and Vucevic can't run.
    The best thing about Vucevic is his contract which is a straight up bargain and the reason that Orlando has no interest to just trade him for a lateral or a backwards move. They are not full on rebuilding mode right now they are done with that. The owner the GM and the coach all want to start winning right now.

Post up centers with questionable defence are nowadays better to come off the bench to beast on the other teams bench or to come in situationally according to matchups or when the offence can't buy a bucket.
    If you want just a dominant post up center you can either trade for a protected second rounder or better straight up sign Al Jefferson for pennies next summer and have him come off the bench.

In my opinion Al Jefferson will not get paid much next summer. Around 8-9 per /3 years. There will be too many meh centers next year on the market. Noah, Mozgov, Hibbert, Al Jefferson.
    If you don't want Al Jefferson there are other options who will be much cheaper to get than Vucci.

10. malakas

malakas Member

That's a very bad offer for Gallo and if Denver wanted to trade him right here and right now they would get much better offers than this.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You milk his best years, if the team can win anything then good

If not then trade him - probably next 2-3 years

If he leaves, then that is on him

12. dmorey

dmorey Member

no trades!
    we are going down in flames with this roster

13. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Why do I feel like this is an accurate description of what will actually happen?

14. dmorey

dmorey Member

because i am the GM and i said it so

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

None of those guys come close to Vucevic offensively, so they arent cheaper options that are similar. Perhaps only Jefferson, but he's 31 and just tore his meniscus, so he's very questionable going forward.

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You're right, last offseason they should've gone after a border line all star PG. Doesn't have to be an allstar, just someone who can take some of the pressure off of Harden. You know someone like Ty Lawson....

17. malakas

malakas Member

You misunderstood. All those guys will be ON THE MARKET. Which means that Al Jefferson next contract will be cheaper because there will be many meh centers available. If there weren't that many backup centers in the market next summer his price would be much higher on hsi next contract.

And exactly because of his age and now injury (I am sure he will be back soon) is the reason that he can be acquired very cheaply.

Other than that if you want a post center by all means you can try for Monroe.
    Btw Capella alone will not land Houston Vucevic. They are not trying to sell esp now that they are in the playoffs. But even if they were ..Capella right now has shown that he is not ready at all to be a starter center for a team and that his offence will need a lot of work. Vucevic on the other hand even with his bad defence is a starting center.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I suggested a package including Capela, not just Capela.

Not looking for cheap rent a centers...need someone who can stick around and be part of the core for a couple of years. I realize they may not be in a hurry to trade Vucevic, but that's were they'll be eventually. Morey would have to persuade them to get there more quickly.

They are also technically out of the.playoffs..dont expect them to keep up..they have lost to all the winning teams for the most part..beat up on the losers.

19. dmorey

dmorey Member

zone defense is the worst defense in basketball
    you remove accountability
    man to man defense
    you get beat on defense its your fault

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Individual accountability is extremely high in a real zone defense, the whole defense collapses when one defender doesn't play his part in the correct way.