1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Cavaliers @ Rockets 1/15/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2016.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

LA are rubbish, people here keep going on about how we were lucky in the 5 games we won. Go have a look at who they have beaten in this current streak

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It doesn't matter who they have beaten. They are meshing right now, playing good fun basketball. They have a great thing going on right now and they are filled with talent that plays well together and Doc will coach circles around JB. Have you watched Houston play this year like? I'm not trying to be a dick but man you need to take a step back, take of the Rockets glasses and watch them play. It isn't pretty.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I heard like 10 times Harden's quote "Its just one game" in post game interview.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i have seen every game, up and down i know.....but i don't waiver from the thought on the big picture at the end of the season. I'm sure Morey will work some kind of trade to get a deeper bench. Wouldn't be surprised if Morey tells JB to play Lawson in a lot of minutes to showcase him before the trade deadline

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is pragmatic optimism and then there is wishful thinking.

6. dmorey

dmorey Member

i love harden's laid back attitude
    its just one game
    chill. relax.
    but he should not be playing basketball with that attitude
    he should be flipping burgers

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

just on the Clippers again, their record against teams .500 or better is just 7-10

19-3 against teams under .500, i think they have only played 1 team over .500 in the current win streak

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden, its just beard, why don't shave it?

9. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

lmao so true.

10. BackdoorHarden

Guys, relax, it's just ONE GAME. RELAX

[​IMG]

11. i3artow i3aller

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

WOW that is just straight up ugly.

LOL anyway what can we do? Harden is only 26 years old, he's still immature and probably weak willed at this point but at least he didn't totally embarrass himself. For the Rox they have been slowly getting back on their feet after their disastrous season openers, after winning 5 games in a row why don't you guys cut them some slack? Tom's another game.

PS Clippers suck, they're just lucky they have a weak sched. If we meet in the playoffs I think Rox will destroy them.

13. BackdoorHarden

James is not weak minded

""Patience, just testing my leadership, testing everything, me as a basketball player," Harden said. "[Asking myself] 'Am I built for this?' I know I am. There are a lot of tests I've been put through in these last three or four years, not a lot of people can get through. Me being a strong-minded individual that I am, being surrounded by some really good people, I just continue to work through it and fight through it and good things will happen."

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, Clippers are still ****... I complain a lot about the Rockets franchise post hakeem, but then I look at the Clippers and I'm not sure how they still have a franchise or fans... Lol, they were so close to getting to the WCF (like 1st time ever haha) and then ****ing fell apart, it was pathetic. I've never seen a meltdown of that proportion, just sad.

PS the Clippers could be playing their best basketball ever, and there'd be no way they'd get passed GSWs or the Spurs (last year sure.... but by re-upping with LA there's no way this year)... And then if some miracle happened and they managed to somehow get to the finals (Yeah right), the Cavs would be waiting rested from playing in the ****ty east.

When I think of all the time I get pissed about the Rockets, I just remember that at least I'm not a Clippers fan.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

fight? Is there anybody see Harden ever fight in this game? With laziness to fight?

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

All the good work over the last 5 games has gone to waste.

17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Me too...that is unimaginable that he would say that. The team LAID down...PERIOD.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> All-Star second baseman <a href="https://twitter.com/JoseAltuve27">@JoseAltuve27</a> and Cavaliers star Kevin Love. <a href="https://t.co/ZWmCyn65bI">pic.twitter.com/ZWmCyn65bI</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/688241720350248961">January 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actions speak louder than words. Have you ever seen the **** Melo says? "I'm all about wining, man" then he goes and demands that NYC trade all their good players to Denver so he can get paid more.

In Harden's case if he was really strong minded then when they face a tough opponent he will raise his game up, like for example WB I hate that guy's playstyle but when nobody else can buy a bucket he will put his head down and drive to the rim, he will run hard on D and give some tough fouls, he will trash talk and do all the dirty work necessary to get that W. In the case of Harden if the Rox are getting owned he will jack up shots and wilt on D.

Like I said Harden is still young at 26, and honestly not everyone is cut out to be a leader/alpha dog. But just because I don't hold it against him you shouldn't say he is strong willed, because right now I don't see it.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Did u guys really expect anything other than this?