1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RG3 about to be released

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Jan 11, 2016.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

RG3 is a low risk, a high reward choice if he decides to come here. Can Texans people figure it out to get him? There is no good QB in this draft.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Are you sure they are hoping that he fails or just continuing to express their dismay that RG3 sucks and can't believe we wasted our time giving him a chance? That's kind of hard to discern.

In my mind, I can't force myself to "hope" if I feel a player is not good and I have no confidence he will ever be good.

Now, if you're talking about those cases where a guy does obviously have success after some fan expressed with certainly that the player was going to be a bust, and said fan continues to desperately b**** about the player...then yeah...I know what you're saying...annoys me too. More often than not, though that person just suddenly becomes silent on the subject and hopes no one forces him to eat crow. :)

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ah, OK. My bad.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Full disclosure: I was a fan of RG3 in college but I fully expected him to bust in the NFL. I just thought that he had to land in the right environment or things had a high chance of being disastrous.

Well, he landed in a bad spot and he busted.

That said, I think he's a decent reclamation project and would fully support the team bringing him in and giving it a shot and I'd be pulling for him to finally put it all together and be closer to the QB he was at Baylor than the QB he was in Washington.

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

There are no many good QBs on the markets, I will take a chance on RG3 on any given day.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

People forget that even when he was healthy and not running, he stood in the pocket for too long and was taking hit after hit. Sure he's a better option than Mallet and Hoyer but that's a very low bar. RG3's best bet is to follow in Vick's footsteps (in Philly) and go to a team as a backup. Get in good favors with the coaching staff and teammates, get coached up, and learn how to best utilize his skill-set. Making him a starting QB with high expectations is the worst thing for him right now. If the cowboys are smart, they'll go after him instead of Manziel.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

So on point!! It's called "hating".

When the hater has the upperhand, they always have something to say.
    When the hater doesn't have the advantage, mums the word.

Often times, the hater won't admit anything that doesn't fit his agenda regardless of how obvious it is.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

We should create a judgement-free Confessions Of A Hater thread where all haters can openly confess that they were wrong for hating on a player.

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I'd gladly post there if Harden becomes a leader :grin:

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Keeping someone in or out of the end zone isn't the measure of "stopping" someone. Kelce dominated us (a TD doesn't make or break his impact). Yes, the defense played well, but we still got beat from the same issues that plagued us during week 1. And Im not only talking about the defense here.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

And I will if the Texans sign RG3 and he leads them to the superbowl ;)

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And I will if Teddy Bridgewater becomes Aaron Rodgers 2.0 or if Terrence Jones becomes the All Star that some predicted or if the Texans draft a QB with the first overall pick of the 2014 draft or if Andre Johnson has a 1000 yard season ever again or if Brian Hoyer has a job in the NFL next season or if Jonathan Martin is playing in the NFL after Richie Incognito or if Royce White goes on to have a successful NBA career or if Carmelo Anthony ever is the best player on a championship team.

1 person likes this.
  13. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Wow, haters.. you guys have some lofty standards!

I just want consistent defense.

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The Texans need A QB desperately but let's not forget the O-Line as well. No point in having a good QB when he's getting creamed all day and having concussions because O-Line is incapable of pass protection

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Indaface

Indaface Member

With the Rams moving to LA that is one to look out for. I could see them making a big push for him.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Why??

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Because Case Keenum doesn't exactly scream Hollywood.

19. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

Fisher can send all members of the RG3 trade plus RG3 the next time they face the Redskins haha.

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member