1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K mf G, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Havent there already been 3 young Han Solo movies?

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

The kid from fault in our stars or whatever has the best look as far as resemblance, but he probably sucks at acting and im positive he doesn't have that natural bad ass personality and swagger that Harrison Ford had.

3. 713

713 Member

Too old. They want to spiderman Han Solo.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Cast the badass Tom Hardy.

5. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

Wait... So Snokes is...
    BOSH!!!

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

If only Nic Cage is 30 years younger. He'd be the perfect Solo.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If only Harrison Ford was 50 years younger

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

He would reboot the Indiana Jones series! Set in different timeline.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

That Ingruber impression was pretty good.

I would think Chris Pratt is the easiest choice. He fits the gig. He's the guy in the middle right? I would eliminate Franco and mr. insurgent first. I know those two and don't think it works. The others I can only go on look and feel. My gut tells me #2 and #8 could pull it off visually. but have no idea of their acting chops.

A Han Solo origin story would be fun. I think his misadventures could hold the audience. But what I really want to see is a Force origin story.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Back to the whole "who is Snoke?" discussion:

I think they will hash out force ghosts again as the series goes along. They have to still exist... Luke has to still have the ability to talk with Obi-wan and Yoda. There still has to be credence to the line "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine..."

That's just the sort of pertinent, yet glossed-over in the OT, detail that Abrams would love to exploit.

So, my theory is that the dark side has now also learned how to exploit this "everlasting" phenomenon... and thus Vader/Anakin possibly has two force ghosts, one representing each of his allegiances.

There's enough clues/hints out there to speculate that Snoke isn't exactly real. Is he possibly a force ghost that emanated from Vader's burned corpse on Endor? Perhaps that's where Ren needs to go to complete his training (and we know he's already been there, since he retrieved the burned helmet).

Anyways, just my 2 cents... I did notice the scar being similar on my second viewing, and now seeing them side-by-side, its waaaay too similar to be a simple accident/coincidence.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

None of them are Pratt.

#2 starred in The Fault in Our Stars. I don't see him as Han Solo.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

If Snoke was Vader, which due to the scar is a legit theory, hard to ignore, but my question would be... why would Ren talk to the helmet? He can talk to the real thing "to finish what you started." And the line, if Snoke is real, would secondly make no sense because Snoke can finish himself what he started.

Do we know how Ren got his helmet?

13. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I saw the movie last week and ruminated over the weekend about the film. Why do people think Force Awakened was so amazing? If you had no prior interest in Star Wars, would you really love the movie? The only reason why I found the movie entertaining was because I'm a Star Wars fan but it was not a good movie by any means (it was rather average imo) especially given the amount of resources they had to work with.

For me, the movie was not very creative or breathtaking despite having arguably the most powerful IP to work with. John Williams' music score was also surprisingly underwhelming. Maybe I'm the minority but I wish Disney would just let Blur Studio make a Star Wars movie. They're able to craft a stronger story and put more emotion with their CG characters in a 4-min cinematic than in a full-feature film. And before you bash me for saying it is just a 4-min cinematic, you should check out all their Star Wars related game cinematics in the past 6 years and see that they consistently create amazing work and really know how to work with the Star Wars IP.

[youtube]YdgmH9Vv2-I[/youtube]

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well, if he's a ghost... Ren knows that, and knows he can hear him regardless of where he actually talks to him. In ANH, Ben talked to Luke in the x-wing... without actually appearing to him. Then again, not much has ever been explained in any of the movies about force ghosts... Obi-wan seemed to come/go as he pleased, and other than some tie-in/throw-away line from Yoda in III (which we don't accept due to prequel-ing), we have no idea if anybody can actually summon a force ghost.

But if he isn't real... he definitely can't finish what he started. This all has a very wizard of oz-like feel to it. Snoke is hailed as some supreme leader, but still actively requires others to do things for him. Secondly, Abrams has utilized certain "not what he seems to be" devices in the past (reminds me very much of the smoke monster device in LOST).

No

15. i3artow i3aller

New lock screen wallpaper [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I move a tad away from the discussion to his looks.

I got to say I love Andy Serkis' work yet I cannot fathom how you can monopolize him to do every motion capture monster out there.

At some point you got to have more variety. They all tend to look more like Gollum or Caesar from the Planet of Apes at some point.

Get more actors in there!

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Interesting. I read a theory just now on the helmet. The girl who turned them in at the Catina was tasked by Wren to retrieve the helmet from a stormtrooper on the ewok planet.

I thought that believable, as she clearly was someone important, but nobody really knows who she is. But an artifact collector makes a lot of sense.

If true, that begs the question why is she at the catina? Was she close to retrieving the light saber of Luke? Was she there to get other items from the goggled force sensitive critter?

18. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]
    <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/151477875" width="500" height="500" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/151477875">

19. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

There is this delete scene from EP3. It doesn't really explain anything more but at least brings back the idea of "force ghosts"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C-hFh35U3go#t=13m20s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Well shoot was trying to embed at 13:20. Skip to the point to get the ghost voice over. (Not voice by Liam btw)