1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A 'superbug' was found in meat and is resistant to all antibiotics. It threatens all life on Earth.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Jan 7, 2016.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Thank you crossfit/atheist/vegan/libertarian/environmentalist/etc.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

uhmmm let me see. so people eating the meat isn't the issue. but factory farming is? so the fact that a lot of americans just can't seem to eat a meal without meat being a portion of it. and the population of this country and the rest of the world being what it is currently. factory farming is the only way it's possible to provide that meal.

unless of course they are ready and able to build a farm on central park and hyde park in nyc and london. that should take care of it.

3. Buck Turgidson

That's a problem for sure, but it's just a bit of it. People are over-prescribed antibiotics on a regular basis. Feel sick? Here's an antibiotic. That doesn't work? How about this one? No? Try these. Etc...etc...etc.... The drug-resistant bacteria didn't come from the food supply, they came from the medical industry and hospitals.

I'd be much more concerned about hormones in my meat and dairy if I was you.

4. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Rekt.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

TOO LATE!!! :eek:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It is indeed a chain that leads that originates from overconsumption of meat and greedyness of corporations, but that doesn't mean that people need to stop consuming meat as a whole.

The core problem is the massive overuse of antibiotics and unsanitary conditions in the factory farms. There is ways to fix that without the world or USA dropping meat as a whole. Whether the corporations have to spend more money and loose profit, or the consumers have to pay more, there is a way to get antibiotic free, hormone free etc meat.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

now those are some things i can agree with.

i think within the last 7-8 years or so there was a tipping point in this country in regards to people being more concerned and conscious about what they put in their bodies and their children's bodies.

so corporations will be pushed eventually to make changes over time i suppose to fight the mccdonalds every day crowd because fat that doesn't care vs. the people that do care overall to be healthy and to instill that lifestyle to their kids as well.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it was.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Going to cook a nice steak in your honor!

DD

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Is this going to turn into one of those food challenges like eat a resistant E. coli steak and get your picture on the wall?

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

[​IMG]