1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Chopped, Aug 29, 2011.

1. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I'm a 790 guy but tuned in becuz A) TH is on B) I know what had happened with Lopez and Herman so I knew it was going to be interesting

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ahaha oh I am! Was a huge Tmac guy because we took him for granted.

He was an all time great in the playoffs and his teams always failed him.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So did they quit yet or are they still on the air? They should both take their ball and go home. Shipley's is hiring.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I only listen for their Texans coverage. Don't really care for their basketball talk or any other of their sports takes. Rather listen to their non sport takes if I had to pick.

Finally got around to hearing the interview. I don't follow any colleges so here is my take. It was one of the most ridiculous and childish interviews I ever heard. All they did was talk over each other, made weird analogies with cars and fires and had a Definition Off in the middle of it wtf. They literally rattled off definitions. Lol but it made for some compelling radio.

I don't blame Tom Herman for going off like he did. Especially if it could have hurt the program. He did come off as a very emotional guy. Sounded like the most damaging piece of the article was the part about who was meeting with Allen. But Tom kept harping on where the meeting took place. Good for him for calling them out though.

As for ren and stimpy, calling them journalist is giving then way too much credit. They are nothing more than local radio guys, of course they got it wrong. It would have been more a story if he got it right for once lol.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Agree with most of this.

Lopez still does stuff for the chron I believe?

6. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

Lopez and Nick whatever his name is are horrible hosts. The worst. I haven't listened to 610 morning show in a long time. I never thought I would miss Andre Ware and Vandemeer, but those two guys were at least coherent and knowledgeable.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So you listen 24/7/365?

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Just listened to the interview. I don't think anyone "owned" anyone.

If the whole point of contention was that the meeting was a phone meeting and not an in-person meeting, I thought Herman could have harped on that a little more instead of sinking to Nick and John's level. He should have just kept hammering and hammering that point. And if he would have done it while remaining calm and cool, it would have really made Nick and John look like bigger boobs than they actually are.

As someone with no skin in this game whatsoever, it was hard to figure out what they were actually arguing about without reading through this thread.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Nick takes Twitter way too seriously and thinks he's some kind of celebrity. Newsflash bc I'm sure this stuff gets back to him.. You're not and nobody cares.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not a Drayton McLane fan....certainly not for how he left the franchise. But I was furious when Lopez wrote that article saying the Astros were racist against Hispanics on the heels of giving Carlos Lee a bazillion dollars to trot his fat ass around the Crawford Boxes. When people tried to call in to argue with him, he did what he did here...talked over them. He writes and speaks in absolutes. I think he's possibly Snoke.

11. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

Celebrity? LOL. The first time I saw his picture was in this thread. Looks like the dude that mows my lawn. Betting he owns a skateboard and is really talented at XBox.

12. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Did Tillman get his legal troubles cleaned up? I would be surprised a Michigan guy would play for a former Ohio State coach.

Guess he thinks it could be a spot he could get his game ready for the NFL draft. His talent would be a major find.

13. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I also found it funny that this was a Lopez - Herman issue but Wright kept budging in to talk about it while Lopez hides behind Mr. Big Nose

14. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

Not yet. Think he's set for trial later this year. Not sure why he's considered NFL talent, he only played in 2 games for Michigan as a backup over 3 years (first year being redshirted).

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lmao good point :(

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

He tries really hard. I've seen him courtside at a few Rockets games I've been to. He definitely likes attention. He used to say stuff like "If you come to me and say hello at the game, I'll buy you a bud light". The sad thing is that he actually knows sports (NFL and NBA), a few years ago he had a very good preview of the NFL season that was spot-on and his mock draft was very close to being accurate. Now he just chooses to talk about his personal life, his twitter beefs, and topics that get the everyday listener riled up. I also have stopped listening.

17. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Expect another big time recruit to commit today. stayed tuned.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Pretty much spot on.

Tom started out with a very salient point and a strictly defined purpose.

Tweedle Herp and Tweedle Derp then began trying to play word games and took the conversation off the rails entirely, especially Tweedle Derp.

Tom then got aggravated and let his emotions get the better of him (although it was hilarious).

To UH-outsiders and non-Houstonians it just looks like 3 angry egomaniacs arguing, but really it was 1 exemplary human being rolling around in the mud with a moron and a jackass... at which point it becomes hard to tell who is who.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Yes his legal issues are taken care of, he has graduated early from Michigan and will be going to graduate school. He is considering 7-8 schools but I have been told UH is the favorite and he also has been retweeting everything UH and especially Herman related.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Anderson from Manvel?