1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K mf G, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Lucas had a great mind, he's just an awful writer and director. He needed to give the ideas and the concepts and basic storyboard of the movie and then a good writer and director/DP needed to come in and finish the job. That's how the OT worked. That's how the PT could have worked. He probably would have been great as a consultant for TFA and i agree that some things are too familiar and they need to explore different planets in the next 2 films.

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Kylo Ren's Non-Profit Performs For The Troops

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/inzBfclaaoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1542 percicles, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  3. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Wasnt Donnie Yen supposed to be in this movie or did i read that wrong somewhere.

4. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TYLZhDTITr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I'm really curious to know what his ideas were for the new trilogy, cause right now Lucas is coming across like a jilted lover. Yes TFA treads familiar territory, but they had to do that to win back fans. And the vast majority loved what they got. Would be interesting to see though what the new trilogy could have been had the Prequels not been received so poorly. Would Abrams and Kasdan have taken more chances with the story? Would they have listened to Lucas and involved him? We'll never know.

6. VanityHalfBlack

The spin off Rouge One coming out next December 2016. I could be wrong or an installment of Star Wars current story line VII????

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Lucas also fails to mention that he kind of forced Disney to play it safe with this new movie because of the failure of his movies.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Are you speaking of Poe?

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yeah.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Meh, I just don't see his opinion as a valid one, he made 3 garbage prequel movies that he claims to have "worked very hard" on, this one not being what he wanted is probably why it was so good.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the first time I saw it was in 3d but generally I am not a big 3D movie guy.

If you can find a theater near you that has it in Dolby Atmos go see it in that. Atmos is amazing sound.

The FW IMAX was ok. it was projected onto a dome and was ridiculously huge (not like the "imax" screens at AMCs) but since the screen was a dome it was curve which made scenes a bit weird because things would be curved and all. Also the having to look up for everything made it weird position to watch the movie in. What was really cool was the projection room with the reels had glass walls where you could see everything while waiting to get inside the theater.

I dont think I'll go see a feature length film there again because of having to look up and all - regular 40-50 min IMAX films I certainly would be sitting there for over 2 hours was a bit much on my neck.

now small additional

Ren to me is the most intriguing character so far as I mentioned before but its really obvious how much of a novice he really is. His lightsaber looks super unstable when you compared it to Anakin's. I like that it reflects his personality in some ways but it makes it obvious how in over his head and how manipulated he actually is by Snoke. The fact that he feels he can teach Rey how to use the force makes it laughable and shows how naive he actually is.

This maybe reaching but the way Rey reacted when they landed on Maz' planet and being surrounded by so much life after living on a "dead" planet like Jakku. I felt like that was a huge part for her "force awakening" The light side of the force was so dependent on life and nature and Jakku was so desolate - just like how tatooine was. (probably why both Luke and her were left on those planets to better hide/suppress their connection with the force)

Did notice this before but the person who is holding little Rey in the "awakening" scene when she touches the lightsaber was the guy she trades in parts for food. Not sure if it will be revealed in a future film, but its weird that whomever (assumption being Luke) would leave her in the hands of a guy like him.

Hamill did an amazing job - the big big screen did made it really easy to see his facial emotions and expressions when he first sees Rey and then his lightsaber. It was one of almost fear/acceptance and reluctance. Like he is afraid to go down the path of training another Jedi after what happened with Ben, but he knows at this point he must accept that duty.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, you trolling me buddy? If so you got me lol.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

wouldnt it be fun if the next one mimics empire strikes back..and it is revealed that ren is skywalkers daughter. at end we get first star wars interracial kiss with finn getting frozen in carbon lite. its similar to carbonite but not quite the same. sorta like how tattooine was same as jakku but not quite the same and the death star was sorta the same as star killer etc.

so this next one follows empire basically.

then in the last one, to match with jedi, they have ren in one of those bikini slave outfits.

Final trolling is a cgi group to copy the ewoks that look like minions/olaf mixed together like some sick b*stard child.

it will tie in with the mcdonalds monopoly sweepstakes and segway beautifully into the minion ewok like spinoff campaigns... ready for more installments

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

ren ..rey ..thats how f-ing unattached I am to these characters .,I cant even get the names right.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe Lucas thought it was beneath him to reboot ANH and call it a new plot.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wish he wouldn't have thought that. It could have saved us from those prequels.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh god ... I first said that I was disappointed they didn't use him more, and mentioned the Crawl as a throw-away comment to say "has any character not played a larger role if mentioned in the Crawl." Then you seem to focus in on that.

excuse me for misreading the Crawl since Jabba was a pretty major villain imo.

We probably shouldn't discuss this more. I've seen your long explanation of all the movies in that other thread about "Should I watch all the SWs". I know your take.

fwiw: I rewatched all 6 episodes recently prior to seeing this movie.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Lucas's Star War movies were failures? Good to know.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This is why the movie wasn't great.

This is why people think the movie was great.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

New theory on Poe.

Played by Oscar Isaac, Poe Dameron is a Resistance pilot in Star Wars: The Force Awakens who takes a backseat in the film to new characters Finn and Rey. However, Poe might be a lot more important for the Star Wars universe than we may have believed, at least according to one theory.

Don’t read any further in case you haven’t seen the new Star Wars movie, as what’s about to follow will contain plenty of spoilers.

DON’T MISS: This fan theory explains who the new Star Wars villain might really be

The daring, skilled pilot you quickly grow to admire as soon as The Force Awakens kicks off might actually be the first openly gay character in the Star Wars universe, a new theory posits. That certainly seems within the realm of possibility for Star Wars, which is essentially a story about a very diverse universe where anything and everything is possible.

The fan theory that Poe is going to be the first gay main character of Star Wars is a sound one, coming via Hypable, and it’s based on a Star Wars promotion tour interview that we may have missed or misinterpreted.

Appearing on Ellen on December 17th, a day ahead of the U.S. premiere of the film, Daisy Ridley (Rey), Oscar Isaac (Poe) and John Boyega (Finn) talked about the new movie. That’s where Isaac revealed there’s subtle romance in Star Wars that his character will be part of.

Those of you who’ve seen the movie may think that Isaac meant the obvious Finn-Rey connection. But Isaac’s mysterious claim seems to indicate that there might be something else in store for the brave pilot.

“I think it’s very subtle romance that’s happening,” he said. “You know, you have to just look very close — you have to watch it a few times to see the little hints. But there was.”

“So it’s subtle, but you were playing romance,” Ellen then asked. “When we’re watching you, that’s what we should be aware of.”

Isaac agreed, without revealing other details about it (see the clip below for the entire interview).

Hypable also explains that that the reason Abrams kept the Poe character in the movie might be related to this so-called “subtle romance.”

“Never mind. I’ve figured it out. You’re in the whole movie now,” Abrams said about Isaac’s character, who was supposed to die in The Force Awakens.

“Let’s say that it was in that conversation [in Paris] that we began to see a way that being in the movie would be worth his time and the audience’s,” Abrams added.

Disregarding Poe’s sexual orientation, we should expect some sort of love triangle in the new trilogy, considering that Abrams practically used the same ingredients in The Force Awakens as found in the original movies.

The Leia-Luke-Han love triangle – which is explained by the end of the first trilogy – might be copied in the new one. The difference, this time, around, is that one of the characters might be gay.

See Ellen’s interview with Rey, Finn and Poe below, and Hypable’s full coverage at the source link.

link