1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have the utmost respect for JB and his dad but yep I feel it is time to at least try out another coach.

2. dmoneybangbang

He never said that was Morey's biggest failure, he made the stupid claim that Morey doesn't believe coaching doesn't matter.

What is a "real head coach", we have 30 NBA teams... how many "real" coaches are there out of 30?

JB has been a head coach for how many games and folks are ready to write him off? Won't even allow him a training camp or anything, but he isn't "real"?

3. dmoneybangbang

Honestly, WHO is going to want to step in at this point? Or who would have wanted to step in ten games into the season?

We have no idea if any "real coaches" have any interest in taking over mid-season, because it is a daunting task.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

because they get paid a lot of money... They could start interviews tomorrow and have 10+ applicants with experience... as for McHale getting canned 10 games in - i believe he made out quite nicely financially...

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Yeah, give JB 5 years to make him be a real head coach... LOL

6. dmoneybangbang

You really think it works that way in the NBA?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know that is the hard part to figure out.

But they need another coach that has nothing to do with McHale or any of Alexander's choices.

And it is time to blow half of this team up starting with the deadline and in the summer. It aint going to work well.

The thing is Morey probably holding out for Durant and that is a long shot.

Unlike the Bosh situation it is going to be a bigger gamble

Durant is the No1 guy all of us have longed for but likely will go somewhere else.

8. dmoneybangbang

LOL.... because I suggested 5 years huh.... Go back to your coloring book or whatever it is you do.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

THIBS....to the Toyota Center - STAT !

DD

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

They are both filthy rich for being shrewd businessmen, BUT....

only one actually hates to lose games, while the other hates to lose money!!!

Can you guess who hates to lose games???

11. dmoneybangbang

Agreed.

If we haven't looked to have turned it around then I fully agree.

Well, losing Parsons for Ariza wasn't so bad but I think Morey will be viewing this team differently in terms of pieces to add. Yes, he will be swinging for the fences but he always seems to have some good back up plans.

12. dmoneybangbang

And one owner only managed to win one ring then immediately blew up a championship team with a clear cut PF HOF.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He is not ready, we really needed to clean house when we fired McHale, but I understand that doesn't usually happen in the middle of the season.

Hopefully this offseason changes are made, I don't want anyone on the coaching staff back next year.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

His ****ty McHale Jr.. coaching is even worst live. I heard a lot of groans around me in the last minute when the Rockets took turn dribbling 5 seconds each and no one freaking moved. He's just not ready.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not the whole truth. I am no Cuban fan and since Parsons I do not like this guy.

But one thing if you look at the championship Mav team you will see they got lots of old players and role players.

The role players wanted a bigger contract (Tyson Chandler for example) and some of the older players just retired because the championship was be a milestone in their career.

Cuban wasn't going to bring everyone back, and the players he replaced them with were not really good enough.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/i7j0eaWplzD/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q9vYZa04Wd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#436 BamBam, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  17. badboy321

badboy321 Member

**** you admin you won't even let my post seen!! GO TO HELL!!!

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Why does JB continue to give Brewer minutes???

Especially in crunch time???

19. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

I think Bickerstaff has done a tremendous job in righting the ship. No matter who he chooses to play on the wing, we will all be disappointed because none of our wings other than harden are consistent. They just are not good enough. They are a compilation of being too old, too hurt, or just not good enough to compliment our best players.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Willingly wasting the season not bringing in somebody else. I've accepted it for what it is.