1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Texas Teen Kills 4 People Drunk Driving, Only Gets Probation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 11, 2013.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The Giammalvas?

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nope. They're still around and relevant. This family's wealth and prestige is gone.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

If you're going to say "everyone," even in a non-literal sense, I would think that would mean at least half of literally everyone, so over 50% of drivers. I sorely hope that's not true. If it is, news to me. I've never once driven drunk. Not because I'd be afraid for myself, but because I'd be afraid for other people. I wouldn't be able to take it if I killed someone due to my own negligence.

Just to clarify, when you say driving drunk, you do mean DRUNK, right? I've driven with one drink in me before, and I've driven where I had around 3 drinks at a party from maybe 7-9pm, but then leave at like 2am after drinking lots of water. I don't think either of those things is driving drunk. Just making sure we're using the same definitions here.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You'd be shocked how little alcohol you need to drink in order to be legally drunk. The .08 level isn't where most people would "feel" drunk at all but it's still legally intoxicated. I was going on the legal definition rather than what is really driving DRUNK.

Even then, it's probably not 50% of ALL drivers, but I would bet it's a minimum of 50% of people who frequent bars or other events with social drinking that have driven legally intoxicated at some point.

There's enough non-drinkers in the US to make it a relatively small number overall, but even if we're talking about 10% (which I think is low) then we're talking about over 30 million people. About 100 million people in the US watch the Super Bowl, but I wouldn't object to people saying that "everyone" watches it.

5. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Sammy Giammalva used to be my tennis coach growing up 20 years ago. Great family.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...362534481.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand

7. SonofSatoshi

SonofSatoshi Member

Jail time and a hard dose of reality is just what this punk kid needs.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I know if he violated his probation he has to do the remaining time in prison but if he fled the country can new charges be brought up adding to his sentence?

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

I don't know why he would flee the country. He already went through the system and got away relatively unscathed.

Regardless, I hope they throw the farm at this scumbag. He needs to be in prison for 15 years at the very least.

10. le081488

le081488 Member

lolz

what a world we live in.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Maybe he was worried about failing a drug test? What a first class moron.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It is ridiculous that you choose to drive drunk.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

the kid should be captured and thrown in jail for the rest of his life with no parole.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Breanna Mitchell's sport utility vehicle had stalled. Hollie Boyles and her daughter Shelby, who lived nearby, had come out to help her, as had passing youth minister Brian Jennings.

He killed 3 good Samaritans who went to help a young lady who was stranded on her way to work. 4 people dead.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If and when he's found, he'll be in prison for at least ten yesrs. I, for one, am glad he took off because he'll actually get the sentence he deserves. In just hope they find him.

16. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

detained in Puerto Vallarta

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Smart mom. How about choose a less popular Winter destination next time. Lol

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

terrible parents.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

They had no choice. That kid wouldn't have blended anywhere but a vacation spot.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

He's no El Chapo clearly.