1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Absolutely anything - 2/10 - Just god awful, what a waste of Robin William's talents..the weird panel of aliens with the cast of Fawlty Towers didn't add a single thing, the concept was weird but for Simon Pegg that usually doesn't mean much but the execution and performances were awful. The part resembling Bruce Almighty was even worse than said movie and that says a lot! Kate Beckinsale and Simon Pegg's 'romance' did not feel natural at all, just zero chemistry which probably is partly caused by the non-story that is this movie. To me it feels like it jumps from scene to scene, no flow and while there is a sequential order to it all, it just never connects or hits home.

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

What If

A charming romantic comedy with Daniel Radcliffe. Never heard much about it but it's actually quite good. Him and the female lead have nice chemistry together. And it's got Kylo Ren.

7/10

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Youth

10/10.

One of the best films I've seen in past decade. Reminded me of Garden State but for an older audience. Soundtrack and music was amazing, especially the Mark Kozelek tracks. The cinematography, settings, and visuals were superb especially with the background being on a Swiss mountain resort.

1 person likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What We Do in the Shadows

7/10

Worth a watch, pretty funny humor about vampire life, but not off the hook funny.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Bridge of Spies - 6/10

A decent feel-good movie. Nothing worth an academy award, but a decent flick that has a little truth to it. Knowing Hollywood, "inspired by true events" probably means taking major events from the past but fictionalizing 95% of it. None of the events got me on the edge of my seat and the movie made any obstacle faced by the protagonist seem easy.

Alive (1993) - 9/10

Really enjoyed the schitte out of this movie. I remember watching it in a hospital bed a long time ago while I was fully drugged so didn't remember much from it. Glad I watched it again.

6. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Sicario 10/10. What a great movie

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Ping Pong Playa

6.5/10

pretty good film for what it is. I enjoyed the asian references a lot. It references Yao Ming a few times, and the guy looks a lot like Jeremy Lin at times. I did not expect much out of the movie, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it for a laid back sports comedy.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Benicio Del Toro is a baaaad man..... He better win a lot of awards for this one.

This movie deserves nothing less than an 8. Such a good, funny, low budget movie.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's exactly how I felt after watching this yesterday. Once it ended, I said "what a feel-good movie". Nothing was really exciting about the story, nor did I really care what happened to any of them. I'd probably rate it a 5/10.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special

10/10 Short, funny, and made in the spirit of the holiday. Can't beat it.

Jontro, Alive (1993) was pretty damn good. Amazing story of survival.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Room - 9/10

Terrific film.

12. Landryman14

Landryman14 Member

The Big Short: 6/10

Adam McKay (Anchorman, and Talledega Nights director) decided to take on this movie, which was extremely odd. It's not really a comedy, and it's not quite a drama. There were several parts in the movie where McKay decided to have random celebrities explain financial terms, which was completely random and could have easily been done within the actual story. Overall it was still enjoyable and a decent movie, but the potential was through the roof. Solid redbox choice.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Sicario 8.5

The Revenant 8.5

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Avengers: Age of Ultron 8/10. Read a lot of negative reviews and comments but it wasn't so bad.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Top five - 8.5/10. funny and smart.

16. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Concussion - 8/10 Took a while to get use to Will's African accent, but the story is so compelling that makes up for it.

17. cebu

cebu Member

Sicario - 10/10

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Ex Machina - 8/10

Gorgeous visuals. Dialog excellent at times but there are plot holes ... if someone was smart enough to build Ava, they would be smart enough to build a kill switch.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

St. Vincent - 7/10

Kind of a recycled plot (bitter old man befriends young child) but Murray was great. Brought a lot of depth to his character (minus the odd fake accent).

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Watched because of your review. Terrific film, indeed! Repped.