1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Please Bring back Josh Smith.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Dec 11, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

What was the gotdam point in signing with LA? I know, I know I am beating a dead horse here but why? Josh was finally settled in here and hate him or love him he was a key contributor to our playoff run. WHY TF DID HE LEAVE?

2. mockster

mockster Member

I wish we could get smith. His contract is so cheap

3. langal

langal Contributing Member

Morey is not infallible. Imagine how horrible things would look with 4 years of Carmelo locked up.

4. Garner

Garner Member

settled? He played 55 games.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just like he screwed up team chemistry last season when Rockets ended as 2nd seed in West. Or when team went all the way to Western Conference Finals. Not sure if you're a complete moron or just a blind hater sticking to his misinformed agenda.

Likely a lot of both.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Josh doesnt want to play in Houston. He said the #1 reason he left was because of his family. So I assume his kids and wife wanna be in LA, which makes sense.

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

When did he say that...?? He said "the move will be difficult on my family." The source would be much appreciated.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He didn't say that.

9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

What I said or the other poster?

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't recall him saying family was the main reason he chose LA.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Smith said at the time:

“It wasn't about the money because of the Detroit situation, but at the end of the day, I do have a family, so it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it and try to do something long-term after this year.”​

The Clippers' forward clarified that he was talking about moving his family around and not money when it came to his comments.

Apparently the headline was: Josh Smith went to the Clippers press conference and said he didn't make enough money? Even the idea of it is kind of ridiculous. Anyone who knows me, or knows how one-year contracts work in the NBA, understood what I was saying. This is my third team in less than a year. I was talking about how moving affects my family. But the headline about greed was the one everyone ran with.

The whole thing about it being “harder on me” comes down to family. It seems obvious to me, but maybe I could have said it more clearly. If you know the NBA, you know that moving to a new team is a decision that affects an athlete's whole family. That's even more true when you're signing a one-year deal. With a one-year deal, there's less stability because you know you might be moving again in a year.

So I'm out there power-walking with the fam. My first response was, OK, who cares how a few people interpreted it? I know everyone on the Internet likes to be judgmental at one point or another. I try not to be too sensitive to any one thing. But it's funny, because if you look at my whole statement, no one present at the press conference had any issue with it. Everyone seemed to know what I meant. It wasn't until later that it took on a life of its own.​

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...s-comments-were-about-moving-family-not-money

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

That's what I thought he said. Don't know what the other poster was on about.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Smith was asked if he was happy in Los Angeles -- &quot;I’ve had my ups and downs, but for the most part, I’m a positive individual.&quot;</p>&mdash; Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/680143452307243008">December 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Give me back the headband brigade plus Lawson

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Doc Rivers wouldn't say whether Josh Smith would play but did say &quot;he's not in the rotation right now.&quot;</p>&mdash; Ben Bolch (@latbbolch) <a href="https://twitter.com/latbbolch/status/680584483427385347">December 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. krouchchocolate

LOL smith left houston to have a bigger role. Bet he regrets his decision now.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Josh has played a total of ten minutes in the last TEN GAMES. Even with Griffin out, Josh is not even playing. Didn't see this happening.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We couldn't promise him playing time and LA Clippers did. The fact that he turned out not being a good match for them or the bench is hindsight.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yes sign him back, just exactly what this team needs now,

a low IQ chucker whose also like to b****ing to the refs after a TOV or miss instead of running back asap, oh and added bonus of another hack-a-XXX target.

Perfect marriage.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We have a team full of both... I don't see a problem with that. :D