1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson says Rockets told him "there is no truth" to rumors he is being shopped

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

spot on.

That's what I was thinking. If you are really a star player vs stats on Denver, you don't drop off like this by a mere change of team. Yet another PG getting beat out by Bev like Lin. Can you imagine if Ty was Asian? There would be a lot of Tywanese posters here. And when we trade him, the Dish will have a Ty at X Team thread where they will follow he stats on a bad team and use that to bash Harden.

LOLs

2. malakas

malakas Member

It's realisation that he threw 13 million dollars down the toilet.

3. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

Trade Dwight for cousins

4. heypartner

Well, there's the fact Denver drafted Mudiay, too. Lawson knew his time was up in Denver.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Lawson wanted out of the team before Mudiay was drafted, and the reason they drafted Mudiay in the first place was because of Lawson not wanting to be there. (and his addiction/off court problems). I am sure Denver would love to have right now a good Lawson instead of Mudiay who is the worst PG in the league right now, and they would like to pair Lawson with a young blue chip prospect in another position like Winslow or Booker so they would have a good core with future but also present.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Forsure because all 3 of them already play with a ball dominant wing player do their used to it.

I'm actually intrigued a little by Roses impending free agency. I wonder if he continues to get healthy if him and Harden could form a dynamic dou in the backcourt?

Lowry would be ideal but I don't see him leaving Toronto. We should have signed him when we had the chance instead of going after bosh. Lowry has turned out to be the better of the two the last 1.5 seasons anyway and much healthier.

Westbrook? Well he can play with anyone because he's a true superstar not to mention he plays with KD another high usage player and has played with James before with great success.

I think if JH/KD/RW all played together still they could each avg 23-25 ppg which is crazy to think about.

70-75 ppg from your 3 best palyers. OKC made a huge mistake and I'm happy they did.

7. malakas

malakas Member

He still has another year after this one and trust me you don't want him in this team. He doesn't play with pace, when he doesnt have the ball in his hands he just stands around, he's not any kind of faciliator, he is not a good shooter. And it looks like he is afraid to even finish now.
    Except from one game in 5-10 this year he has been the worst player besides Kobe, who takes so many shots.

8. heypartner

malakas. I live in Denver/Boulder.

The team wanted Lawson gone after the Jan DUI. They were picking a PG regardless. Saying Lawson forced the trade is not what was being said here.

And saying Denver wants him back "good" or not, is wrong. Their philosophy was addition via subtraction if nothing else. Denver likes Mudiay. He's just young right now.

9. malakas

malakas Member

I know he's young. He's going to get better. But if Lawson was playing well Denver would still want him.

In the Bucks forum there is a reliable insider, like cyberex, who told us that we wanted Lawson in the last trade deadline but Denver didn't want to trade him. (instead they wanted to give us Faried). That was before the DUI though.

Lawson no doubt brought it on himself. There is noone doubting it. And now he has come to the realisation that he lost money , and next summer noone will want to give him the money he lost at least so he is asking for a trade to raise his next paycheck.

10. Fantasma Negro

Houston gets: Pf/ Sf Jabari Parker
    Pg: Grievise Vasquez

Milwaukee gets: Ty Lawson

11. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

lol maybe if you throw in harden

12. malakas

malakas Member

That's a steal. I would also demand Jabari's sea turtle and a bag of cheese curds to make it more equal.

13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Agree. I live in the Monument/Colorado Springs area and Denver is excited about there young talent (healthy Gallo helps). Lawson's time was up.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Parker is that bad huh?

15. malakas

malakas Member

Out of the league in 6 months.

16. heypartner

You are not listening to us people from the Denver area, who read the Denver Post and watch the Nuggets. See Shark44's post above, too. I'm sure rhino will agree as well.

The owner even went public about it after the trade that they are going in another direction without him. They were done with his alcohol breath in practices. They don't want him back.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lawson has been a winner his entire life until his last few years in Denver. The Karl teams with Lawson were awesome. I don't buy any of this. He wants to play 30 plus minutes AND WIN, like he has his whole life, AND GET PAID. He wants to play the PG POSITION, haha.

I have no idea what the Rockets expected out of him. Let's trade for Ty Lawson (A top 3 pick and roll guy in the NBA) and run him in exactly zero pick and rolls... Smart guys.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's not like the Rockets are saying don't run pick and rolls, Ty. Literally anyone on the floor can call for a PnR if they want to. Look at Thronton (when he plays). Thornton will call for a pick every time he gets the ball. Sometimes Thornton will get a pick on the wing!

How come Ty just doesn't call for the damn pick?

19. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Okay.

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

And Beverley for Lowry :p