1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Dude, you've got some issues. Seriously.

1 person likes this.
  2. yoeddy

Pat Beverley and Ty Lawson have bigger contracts than Lin did. Lawson's is more than double of Lin's contract. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's because you haven't been a Rockets fan as long as I have.

I've seen Rafer Alston, Matt Maloney, Scott Brooks, Sleepy Floyd, Eldridge Recasner, Dave Jamerson, Brent Price, Moochie Norris etc

Of course a Lin Fan would automatically point to this season, but Beverly didn't suck in the playoffs against OKC, it was Lin who did the sucking

You have no legitimacy to comment on all time rockets. trust me on this one, he was one of the worst Rocket point guards of all time.

He could be fantastic this year with Charlotte, it doesn't changed the big stank he put down as a Rocket

4. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Bravo! I can't even imagine writing this much in my eassys for school! I will need my english teach cos go mets to proofread it for me.

Base on jeremy lynn`s skill set he is a solid nba guard. You can label him as mediocre. I have no problem with that because that means he`s better than half of the other nba players and from what I see their game is way worst than lynn`s game. So being jeremy lin in the nba is no scrub.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I saw the record of the Hornets and assumed Jeremy was a big part of it, but his shooting percentages are terrible so far (.410/.308). Assists are not something you'd expect out of a pg(2.9). Is he doing more than the stats show? I don't have all 32 teams on league pass so I haven't had an opportunity to check him out. Highlights are not a good overall picture, Jeremy always looks awesome on a reel. Dude can ball at times, there's no doubt about that. It's the mistakes that worry me.

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

he's not playing PG and is one of the best defenders on the team. Lin and Lamb combined are the best bench duo in the league. So yeah, he is a big part of the teams success

7. don grahamleone

Out of the 61 pgs that have played enough minutes to qualify this year, Lin is 44th in assists per minute, 27th in scoring per minute, and 43rd in turnovers, 27th in steals. The stats support mediocrity. Although, the stats indicate that he's slightly below average. He has definitely earned a spot in the NBA, but has not shown himself to have earned a spot as a contributor on a championship type roster. This year, he seems to have an opportunity to crack through that self imposed barrier because Charlotte is probably pretty good based on their record and he's playing. He just needs to be a little more efficient and he's there. He's got game that works, but not the savvy to make it work often enough yet.

8. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Um, he is playing PG. A significant number of his minutes are next to Kemba, but a significant number are not.

9. don grahamleone

That's awesome. Is he more disciplined now or what? He's got quickness that should make him a really good defender, I just thought he guessed too much and reacted too slowly when he was here.

10. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

He is not THE reason that the Charlotte bench is as good as it is, but they wouldn't be without him. Look at the net rating when he is on the floor vs when he is off. His biggest problem right now is his shooting is well off his career averages.

11. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Have you watched any of the games? The primary ball-handler and play-maker is Nic Batum. Also they play a Princeton type offense where everyone touches the ball. Lin has a lot of hockey assists in this system. Lin's play in Charlotte is not conducive to stats, it's conducive to helping his team win. Oftentimes he'll penetrate, kick out, the recipient of his pass will pass again, and again, for an easy layup. Not all teams with great "stat" players are good teams.

12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Batum is primary playmaker with Kemba. It is fairly even when he is in with the bench and Lin. They don't play the Princeton or anything like it. Lin has a reasonable number of hockey assists and assists for free throws. Lin is playing good defense, which is a vast improvement. Lin is clearly a key contributor on the team, but so are Batum, Kemba, Marvin Wiliams, and Cody. Clifford is a wizard.

And yes, I've seen most of the games.

13. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Charlotte up 42-38 at the half on Boston. Again, great defense from the Hornets and from Lin. Lin's individual D and help D is really good. His ability to penetrate and kick out or dish really helps this team on offense (doesn't always equate to points, but helps his team to score nonetheless). Lin is plus-9, the best on the team. Another nice block, too.

14. SunsRocketsfan

I don't know about worst rocket pg of all time. We have had some pretty bad PGs. I was around and maybe I have short term memory but damn was moochie and black hole John Lucas painful to watch. But I'll give you that they were not starters and didnt play 30+ mins a game. Also moochie had better hair than Lin.

As painful as Rafers tear drop was and as bloated Maloneys contract I would agree Lin ranks below these two for sure as a Rocket.

15. SunsRocketsfan

Face palm. You should change your screen name to Lin17 from Rox23

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This guy still in the league? Last thing I remember was him costing the Rockets a playoff game and getting benched by the Lakers.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maloney sucked but he did hit all those wide open 3s for us in the playoffs.

Rafer had better handles and was a tough player. I think Rafer got too much blame, he's not suppose to be a 3 point shooter.

18. yoeddy

You are probably correct regarding my legitimacy (or lack thereof) to comment on all-time Rockets. But I'm very qualified to question your level of basketball knowledge...

19. yoeddy

You really aren't watching many Charlotte games. It is very obvious from these comments.

20. yoeddy

Agree that Lin is not playing much PG with the Hornets and that Batum takes much of that responsibility when both are on the court. But the Hornets don't play anything resembling a Princeton offense. They do get lots of assists, but the Princeton offense is based on 3ptrs and lay-ups, and the Hornets shoot a ton of mid-range jumpers...