1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Morey recognize how dumb this team is?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Dec 8, 2015.

1. imaginedragons

The biggest difference is Harden.

He was lazy and entitled two seasons back, he became even lazier and more entitled last year (i shuda won MVP), and even more so this year.

if you are the centerpiece of the team, that sort of attitude infects the entire team.

and yes, it's on mchale also for enabling this before. harden's sense of entitlement grew out of control and the result is plain to see

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Oh noes! What happens when they reach the limit?!

3. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Lack of discipline is the big problem. The talent is there, the focus is not.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

even the most diehard of rocket fans, such as myself, incredibly and unfathomably start to lose interest in the team..

5. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Yeah I'm a Rocket but love everything GS is doing.. they're playing the best basketball the game has ever seen

6. dmorey

dmorey Member

bb iq is not measurable objectively
    therefore does not exist in the analytics world

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have no intention of following another team. just waiting until our franchise finally gets it together. and i don't know if that can happen without big changes first. whether that means players/coaches/management/owner, i'm not entirely sure and wouldn't be surprised if changes to all of these might be necessary before well-played bball returns. but in the current state, the product on the court is simply an affront and disgrace to the game itself, making this team a torture to watch.

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Excellent post. Knee jerk thread again.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

10. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

[Homer and

Bart are chasing the rolling rotisserie pig. It rolls through some bushes]
    Homer: It's just a little dirty! It's still good, it's still good!
    [the cart falls off the edge of a drainage culvert, and the pig floats down the stream]
    Homer: It's just a little slimy! It's still good, it's still good!
    [the pig reaches a dam at the end of the stream and plugs the drain hole. The water pressure builds up behind it, until it launches out of the hole into the air]
    Homer: It's just a little airborne! It's still good, it's still good!
    Bart: It's gone.
    Homer: I know.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

WINNER WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!!!

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

anyway we van just get Ben Simmons and start over.

13. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

just boneheaded plays after boneheaded plays

14. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

15. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

They played a Dallas team with injuries and lockeroom turmoil and the Clippers had an epic choke job. Otherwise this squad was always a first round exit

16. ibm

ibm Member

this pic belongs to the "what's wrong with the rockets" thread.

it's fine to try to build his personal "brand". but at some point, harden has gotta realize, that, in order to successfully build his own brand, he needs to back it up w/ what he does well on the court. after all, he's a pro athlete. everything he tries to build really comes from that.

many players have come and gone, and they had more/better talents than harden. you dont ever see them successfully build a "brand" (maybe for a short while), and this is why - winning matters.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

The same product on the court that your looking at is pretty much the same product that made it all the way to the Western Conference Finals 7 months ago!!!!

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the same players for the most part and the same coaching staff for the most part.

the product on the floor, however, is nothing comparable to that playoff team in terms of effort, awareness, competitiveness, cohesiveness, attention to detail, defensive intensity, basketball IQ, etc.

not even close.

19. basketballholic

Hate to tell you this Opie, but Capela ain't exactly a sharp knife in the drawer either. He's got pretty lame brain activity. You can see he's slow to process on the defensive end. And he's being exposed and exploited right now by our opponents because of it.

20. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

I sat behind morey and sorta near LA last night and I have to say there were several Morey Facepalms. They know. They're going to make a big trade. Tried to read his blackberry (he was rattling off a bunch of emails) but i'm not a great spy.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.