1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Stein) Rockets have interest in Markieff Morris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

You know who I'm talking about. If Markieff is a worse rebounder, and three point shooter than Jones, then why would we want him? Is he a great defensive player? Does he create on the offensive end? What does he do that Jones, DMo, or Harrell can't do?

2. omgTHEpotential

NBA.com/stats suggest that Markieff is an even worse defender than Jones.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

any lateral move is probably so we don't lose Jones for nothing, if he attracts $$ in the summer that we don't want to match.

4. NeonTiger

NeonTiger Member

Get Devin Booker out if it

5. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

[​IMG]

Could get it done by trading away Lawson.
    Nets would have to send a first to suns.
    Thats a bit of a change up for all teams.
    Nets get there pg they need to create, and suns get Jones, dekker and 1st for Morris.
    Rockets would get there 3pt shooter backup scoring pg and Morris. Seems like a good trade for all.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Man, there is all sorts awful in this thread. I hate Jones as much as anyone, but why make a trade for someone that is as best sorta the same and conceivably worse considering the attitude you get. Honestly, the Morris brothers should try to find some Euro or Chinese team that will take them both.

Why we would want Morris... or worse, trade Jones, Dekker (and again, I have no idea why we drafted Dekker), and Lawson (?!?) for what folks are floating out in this thread...

7. basketballholic

1. Too much incoming salary puts us over the hard cap. Won't work.

2. Trade would possibly work if you didn't do the Corey Jefferson part of it. But that makes it a 4 for 2 trade and leaves us with 12 total players on the roster with only $496,760 left to spend for the remainder of the season. This type of trade would most certainly necessitate a future 1 for 2, 2 for 3, or 1 for 3 deal with us getting back multiple players for one of our players OR a 1 or 1 deal that would be significantly less salary incoming so we could go out and sign a couple guys.

3. This trade also leaves us on the hook for $2.4 million more of our cap space for next summer. Not something we want to do if we want to go after max free agents with cap space.

8. mockster

mockster Member

Hmm in trade involving brewer, aren't za or Beverly just seems like a no go

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

That would be amazing. A real shooter on this team. I would give up a 1st and throw in Dekker or Harrell.

10. Ns575

Ns575 Member

11. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I would much rather go after Taj Gibson or Noah if we have to give up some good youth talent and a rotation player.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

How would you know which player was got if got one was?

13. DMO (DJ remix)

Suns are going for playoffs but they're still building their team, i seriously doubt any deals you post here would be made in reality involving Warren.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Lateral move if we just swap TJones for him. TJones has been improving his 3 ball and is the better rebounder and shot blocker. Morris has quicker release that i prefer but i don't know...whatever....i don't like it.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Is 496k enough to sign Dleague player for the rest of the season, is it legal to make a trade bringing your team down to 12 players as long as you sign a 13th immediately?

Also I'm sure Brewer will be shipped out in a later deal so we would open up space in case we needed an emergency signing.

Also

KJ 3.3
    Dekker 1.7
    Harrell 1

= 6 mill against next season's cap

Morris = 7.4 against next season's caps

Jones and Leuer are expiring. Which means the difference is roughly 1.4 million more for next season. But I'd say considering we would be attaing a role player to replace TJ at the 4 for years to come that 1.4 wouldn't be such a big deal. Still can dump Brewer, not resign Lawson/Motie and try to sign Howard to less if a big name player wants to sign with us.

16. basketballholic

Add in 2 minimum salary slots.

17. mockster

mockster Member

I think it's insane Yall would trade Ariza. He's arguebly our best defender and a high time 3py shooter

18. beardsanity713

I don't think Morris is the answer..he is not much better than Tjones..Now Ryan Anderson or a true stretch 4 would be more ideal... however he did workout with some rockets players during the summer and he & his brother are really cool with Harden...

19. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

the only trade for morris i can imagine rockets making is corey for morris.

20. omgTHEpotential

Not to mention one of the best contracts in the league.