1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015-2016 = Worst Rockets Team I've Watched...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, Nov 30, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You mean, in spurts. There are signs of us regaining effort, is what you mean. The effort still is not happening for 48 minutes, yet. We still have prolonged periods of chaos each game.

Plus, getting better than the first 10 games means little. Our effort needs to reach last year levels, and then exceed it.

2. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I actually enjoyed the OKC and Clippers game.. That's about it.. The NYK win and POR win was a joke..

It does seem that things are collapsing around us where superstars have fallen off their peak extremely rapidly and that we have regressed to the days of Chandler Parsons with a less athletic Dwight in the middle

3. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Sorry not NYK.. I meant PHI

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They've definitely killed my interest less than a quarter of the way into the season. I can stomach losing(although expectations were considerably higher for this group). Hell, I stuck it out during the Francis era. What I cannot deal with is a group of players not trying, especially when they have this much talent on the roster.

I just hope when this nightmare season is over, something good comes out of it. Like a high lotto pick, some young prospects acquired in the inevitable firesale, Capela replacing Dwight at 1/10 of the cost, and a tough as nails coach who will demand effort from Harden at both ends every single night.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I still have to ask - what happened? Aside from Prigs and Smith, we only gained Lawson. Did Replacing smith with Lawson really sink this team? Something is happening/happened and no one is saying it. That's the only explanation - it's like that rift in Cleveland when Delonte west was sleeping with Lebrons mom - the team has been torn apart.

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Is our team chemistry pretty much shot to hell?

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Right now they are the worst team in the NBA. Record wise we beat the worst team (Philly) by 2 at home, so in my mind that makes us the worst.

Nonetheless we can't shut it down so early. We are completely pot committed with this team. No more how much ass we witness night in and night out, there is still the idea that past performance will eventually have to predict Future performance. Somewhere in the ether is a switch, and who Knows when these Rockets will press it.

Because by the end of the year, we aren't fatally tied down to anyone. Morey has done a good job maintaining our flexibility, so we can always tear it down by then. And every player on this team has an incentive to defend their manhood, their pride. We already fired the coach. Who are Dwight or James gonna blame the disappointment of this year on? Dwight already bailed on a situation like this his year in LA. Once we can absolve him for, say that it was toxic over there, that Kobe with his old knees and albatross contract wasn't gonna let that franchise make any noise, that Steve Nash had one foot already in the land of retirement. But two apocalypse years? Now it's a pattern, and he's the connecting piece. As for Harden, he IS the team, even more than TMac was our team in the mid-2000's. The whole country is already killing him for his defense and his FT shooting. If he wilts now he will never recover his public image.

Everyone is motivated to turn this ship around. And until then we'll just be shuffling chairs on the deck of the Titanic (Brewer, TJones) because we are too invested in this year to do anything more drastic. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. It just is.

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Mods, change the title of this thread to "I've grown to HATE the Houston Rockets"

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah I stopped watching basketball all together, it just hurts

It makes me literally angry the last few times I tried

I'd rather watching Yao Ming highlights all night on youtube

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

The current team do not have much difference with last years roster. Yet their plays are light years away from each other.

It is implosion. Implosion of leadership.

Morey needs to get this team a leader on the floor. Thibs or JVG can work.

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yea was thinking the same thing this evening

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Astounding to think that the worst professional sports team in Houston is the Houston Rockets. Not the Texans. Not the Astros but the Rockets. Wow

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

These Rockets are either a tad above 0.5 or below

Win some, lose others nothing special

1 person likes this.
  14. butterball

butterball Member

Nice observation. Didn't realize that until now but that is spot on. A year ago it would've been unthinkable since Harden is considered one of the most efficient scorers and Melo has the reputation of a chucker.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the rest of the league has eroded the competitive advantage we had from our shot selection, plus we've shot worst, coupled that we still didn't tidy up fixable issues in our defensive structure, even after 3 years of much the same errors.

16. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

I was a season ticket holder that year. While the team was really bad, I don't remember lack of effort or no heart like this year's team. I don't even turn on the games any more and doubt I would go if someone offered me free tickets. I just can't stomach a team with no heart. :(

17. ibm

ibm Member

the yr. that got us yao for the #1 pick was kinda like this yr., iirc.

18. awc713

awc713 Member

we need chuck back

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen some bad Rox teams in my nearly 30 years of following the team but I've never been this apathetic about a Rox team because of how they carry themselves. The overall mentality and lack of real heart on this team, especially from their two best players, is so off-putting. I'm not in the camp that says this team is so talented and I feel this team is showing that they were over hyped and overrated coming into this year. Its a team filled with mismatched parts. But I don't think this team should be playing this bad and having as bad a start to the season. Getting rid of McHale was a start but I truly believe cleaning the house and/or a total philosophy change is the main thing that will ultimately turn this thing around. These are dangerous times for this organization as far as losing a big part of the fan-base which is unfortunate since this is the only franchise in town that has brought this city a major championship.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This isn't the worst team I've watched. But it's the most disappointing, even with all the T-Mac/Yao fails. There's no heart, no desire, no accountability.