1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Neville will never be a main event guy. Dude has the personality of a rock.

Ambrose and Cesaro are main event guys sooner or later.
    Breeze will be a jobber. He's as bad as Adam Rose.

No one gives a **** about the divas division except for the "smarks" or whatever. That ending to raw last week with Paige and Charlotte was the worst ending to raw I've literally ever seen. I guarantee most people, like me, change the channel instantly when a divas match is on.

Also I fully expect a Ryback championship.

This is WWE.

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Your completely wrong.

Triple H believes completely in NXT, he's going to push NXT guys especially the ones who hold the belt. Neville gets on sportscenter and he's a highlight reel beyond the things Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, etc could ever pull off. In a year or two he will be a champion.

Still would not book Ambrose or Cesaro beyond the mid-card. Which isn't a bad place at all too be with all the talent on the roster.

Breeze won against Ziggler. He's young, has a great look, is fantastic in the ring and puts 100% into his character, even if it is dumb. He's not going to be champ but he's not a jobber.

I've seen three women's matches this year that are easily Top 10 matches of the year and last nights match delivered and was the second best match

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No. You're completely wrong. I don't care how much Triple H believes in NXT. Vince McMahon is still in charge of WWE.

Lol at "5' nothing" Neville ever being champ in a world where they just made Sheamus (who literally no one cares about) champion again.

Neville will not be wwe champion in a year or two. I'm willing to put a $20 tip jar bet on that. Feel free to take me up on it if you can back up that terrible prediction.

I'll put up another $20 that by this time next year Breeze will either be a complete jobber like Heath Slater/Fandango or off tv altogether.

And like I said. Most of the viewers (aside from "smarks") change the channel instantly when there's a divas match on. WWE pushing divas matches so hard is part of the reason of the rating decline. Two divas matches a night, really?

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I felt the same way about the women's matches until I saw the last year of nxt. The women are more than capable of being a good part of the card, they have demonstrated that.

Unfortunately the big show screws everything up. They had the 3 nxt girls come up, and in typical wwe fashion, they decided to push the one that has the least personality . She has to be a heel, because there is nothing entertaining about her as a face.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

The women's matches were probably the two best put together matches on RAW. This guy is a troll.

6. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

I dunno. Neville is six inches taller than Rey Mysterio, who was in the ring with Big Show, Batista, JBL, etc. when he was winning championships. Kind of dopey to use his height as a reason why he won't win the belt. Hell, Daniel Bryan is only a couple inches taller than Neville.

Also, the third hour has been consistently the worst rated hour of Raw all year, not just since the Divas revolution started. Plus, they usually don't main event, so I don't see how you can make that correlation. People have been tuning out because the main event booking has been terrible, not because there are less penises in the ring.

Giving the talented ladies more time in the ring would be a start. But you might as well just admit that you're sexist and don't care about them in the ring. That's fine. But if you want to talk ratings, your comments make no sense.

As for Breeze, it could go either way. Breeze is ten times better in the ring than any of the people you mentioned. It's not even close. Still, you never know who gets over, or if the company stays behind them even if they do.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yes I agree booking has been horrible. That's what I said in my first post. It's not just horrible. It's completely awful. It is the main reason for the rating decline. There is literally zero consequence to anything and none of the feuds have any importance.

I'm not sexist. The Women's division on the main show (not talking about NXT) is a waste of time. Charlotte is so incredibly boring. I was more interested in Nikki Bella being champ. That's how bad it is. Just give the belt to Paige or Sasha and give them one segment a week. They already have two matches a week and it's failing. You wanna give them more? As far as it being the sole reason, I never said that. Reading comprehension is hard. It is part of the reason whether you like it or not. That Paige-Charlotte ending segment was the worst end to raw in years. Things like that aren't helping.

If anyone thinks the majority of the crowd and viewers of raw are interested in divas matches, they're just wrong. It's evidenced by (whether that be due to poor booking or otherwise) the best diva they had in the past 10 years AJ Lee's matches being ruined by CM Punk chants. You can say "oh it's because he's her husband and they missed him, more to do with Punk than her." But the fact that the crowd basically ruined her matches by chanting that **** shows how interested they were.

Saying divas matches last night were the best part of raw isn't saying match. Joke is on anyone that actually watched raw last night. Entire card looked like garbage. Watched the new day segment though. That was hilarious and the best part of raw.

I'm not a troll. Scoliast is just an over hyped fan boy who is obsessed with the new/indie talent yet somehow also thinks everything that WWE does is great. It's quite the paradox. When everyone in this thread realizes something is done poorly and flat out sucks, this guy is over here talking about how well done it was.

Like I said. Put your money where your mouth is. Two tip jar bets. Anyone who wants to can join in.

Neville isn't going to win anything more than maybe an IC title. His height, lack of personality, and the fact that he looks like a goblin have ensured that. Vince McMahon has never put the belt on anyone with those drawbacks. The Rey Mysterio comparison is dumb. He was a global icon even before WWE and had a lot going for him. He also got his first championship after Eddie died and part of it is because he filled that void. WWE cares a lot about Mexican viewership. Mysterio was very important for that. And hence why they brought Del boring back.

Anyway it's laughable that someone can think that Daniel Bryan will never be champ again (if he can wrestle) and in the same post think that Neville will be.

Like I said. Put up or shut up.

#3147 DudeWah, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Daniel Bryan has a serious spinal cord injury. He probably won't wrestle again.

He's been WWE champion and IC champ and had to vacate both those titles because of injuries. They won't put the title on him again for that reason.

If you don't enjoy anything WWE does then don't watch, don't troll the forum. Stop being a sexist smart mark.

Neville is great. The women are putting on matches as great as the stuff on NXT.

It's sad people watch stuff with a pre-bias that there going to hate everything they see. Such a waste of life.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Where are you getting your info from? From all accounts he has(d) a concussion issue not a "severe spinal cord issue" and doctors have cleared him for action. But WWE won't clear him as of yet.

That's been the news on him in the recent past.

What's sad is you taking criticism of the product's poor output so personally and resulting to braindead attacks like "oh you're sexist" when you don't know **** about me. Great job drawing that conclusion from me pointing out the fact that in general the crowd quite obviously couldn't care less about the divas division. It's boring. That statement has nothing to do with the "talent" of women or anything else. It just is what it is.

You should stop being a petty little troll who can't take the fact that wwe is terrible right now. The fact that you have to get on here and defend every bad decision the WWE makes is indicative of your "waste of life" not mine. Check my post history in this thread versus yours. Idiot.

I obviously watch for entertainment. It's not entertaining right now. There's multiple things wrong. Every move they make isn't great like you make it out to be. Judging by the vast drop off in viewership, I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Neville will not win a world championship in the next year or two. Breeze will never be more than a jobber. Ambrose and Cesaro will be champions and have better careers than guys like Neville. "Believe that"

I'm willing to support my opinions with cash. We can do a sig bet if you can't put up the money. But apparently you can't bring up the courage to support your opinions. Don't waste any more of my time.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

WWE is not terrible right now.

The WWE title tournament was full of outstanding matches and showcased everyone involved

Owens, Del Rio, New Day & Charlotte are all champs.

Lesnar is about to start working shows again.

Tag Division is about to get a New Day/Usos/Lucha Dragons TLC match

Owens/Ambrose fued

Rusev & Barrett finally getting overdue pushes joining the Authority

The Divas division actually has athleticism & psychology and real submission mat wrestling thrown into it. And yes it's sexist if you "turn the TV off every time a divas segment comes on". Doesn't stop you from thinking you know everything that is actually going on.

11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

This back and forth has between DudeWah and Scolalist is more entertaining than Raw.

12. Beavis Stiffler

If you don't like what the creative/writing team has done with the WWE so far, there are some other alternative products around pro wrestling. Majority of us know that the WWE isn't the only wrestling show on mainstream TV.

Ring Of Honor and Impact Wrestling have got new TV deals for next year. ROH will be on Comet TV and TNA on Pop TV. Lucha Underground will start its 2nd season but very sure they will also get a new and better TV deal after their contract with El Rey Network is over.

Of course, there's always New Japan and AAA (Mexico) to enjoy watching more good wrestling and less entertainment.

I think it's only a matter of time NXT will get its place to be on national cable TV because of the fans' demand for it. But the WWE wants it to only be exclusive to their Network.

13. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

I'm sorry. The product isn't the best it's ever been, that's true. But I'm old enough to remember watching the product when King Mabel was challenging for the title against Diesel, El Gigante was walking around in an airbrushed body suit, a turkey jumped out of an egg and danced with Gene Okerlund as the payoff to a big Survivor Series angle, and I could go on and on and on. The attitude era spiked the product up after that, then it came down again. Everyone's waiting on it to go back up, but this is pro wrestling. It might not go back up.

Your next shot is when/if Vince gives up control and Paul Levesque takes over day to day operations full time. If he runs the main show like he runs NXT, there's a chance for a renaissance at the top level of the company.

In the meantime, NXT itself doesn't even have to be looked at as the WWE minor leagues anymore. It's a viable product in its own right, the first time the company has ever managed to run a good second brand. So, if you consider NXT's excellence alongside the main show's mediocrity at the main event level, the company is nowhere near its low point.

They were about to go bankrupt and were losing stars left and right in 1995. THAT was the low point. What we have now is paradise compared to that.

Honestly, I'm curious how old some of the gloom and doomers are, because I suspect their first exposure to the produce was the Attitude Era. Hard to enjoy much of anything when you were raised on the hottest era in the history of the business.

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

If I had to compare the current roster with classic wrestlers styles I'd probably say...

Seth Rollins is HBK
    Brock Lesnar is Vader in terms of dominance
    Bray Wyatt is Mankind
    Luke Harper is Cactus Jack
    Kevin Owens is Bam Bam Bigelow
    Cesaro is William Regal, RVD & Y2J rolled into one
    Paige is The Great Muta
    Dean Ambrose is Brian Pillman
    Dolph Ziggler is Mr. Perfect
    John Cena is The Rock
    Sasha Banks is Eddie Guerrero
    Neville is Ultimo Dragon, Tajiri & Jeff Hardy rolled into one
    Randy Orton is Arn Anderson
    The Acension is Demolition
    Apollo Crews is Booker T
    Bo Dallas is Brother Love & The British Bulldog rolled into one
    Roman Reigns is Mike Awesome & Haku rolled into one
    Becky Lynch is Owen Hart

15. Beavis Stiffler

Agree with many of these comparisons but I think Bray Wyatt reminds me of Raven from the 1990s ECW era and Cena is kinda more like Hogan than The Rock.

On the women's side: Paige = Madusa/Alundra Blayze, Sasha Banks = Sensational Sherri, and Becky Lynch = Mickie James

16. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dJezTtg5Oxw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It is to everyone except for fanboys like you. It's the worst it's been in the past 5 years.

The crowd didn't give a **** about 80% of the guys showcased in that tournament, especially the guy who won it.

Del Rio and Charlotte are incredibly boring. You have a point about New Day. They're great and should remain champs for a long time. Owens-Ambrose feud could be good if they let those guys do their thing without writing them into mediocrity, but knowing creative that won't happen.

The authority angle is boring at this point and has been for a while because there's literally no payoff to it. I doubt they push Rusev or Barrett into anything meaningful. More like fodder to be fed to Reigns while they shove him down people's throats some more.

Go look up Lance Storm's comments on the divas revolution. That echoes my opinion on it. And it's not sexist that they've booked it to be completely uninteresting to the point that I have to change the channel every time. Keep saying that it's sexist all you want. It still doesn't make it true.

You're delusional and can't even back up your opinions. It's you who has no idea what's going on and just blindly cheers everything wwe does while simultaneously pining for the indie wrestlers they book horribly. Amazing.

Also, to whoever said there's alternatives: as bad as wwe is right now, id still rather watch 30 mins of raw a week compared to the utter garbage that is TNA. I hope ROH gets big and gives the wwe some real competition so they can stop being complacent and regurgitating the same loser storylines that have zero meaning or consequence.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I started watching probably in 95. But more WCW than WWE because you're right. WWE was terrible back then and WCW was just picking up a lot of steam. Watching a Bret Hart promo in 96 was almost as bad as watching Roman Reigns right now.

WCW and WWE were both great from late 96-2000. WCW became garbage right when Goldberg lost the title. It became completely unwatchable shortly after. WWE picked up a lot of steam when WCW talent like Y2J and the Radicalz jumped ship. WWE from 1998-2004 was the best product every put out from a wrestling promotion. The only competition is maybe WCW from the point the NWO was created to Sting winning the championship at Starrcade.

I stopped watching in 2006 until about 2011 because of how bad the product was back then. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan gave WWE new life and brought it back to the level it once was. The Rock and Lesnar coming back dragged some old viewers back in. And some good booking for the Shield helped keep people like me watching. Then bringing Sting in and ending the authority while pushing Seth Rollins gave some sweet nostalgia and at the same time hope for the future.

But then they brought the authority back too soon for no reason (should have used Rollins as a proxy for the authority and actually given him a real faction to align himself with). They pushed Reigns when he wasn't ready. Gave guys who had momentum like Ambrose, Cesaro, Ziggler, Rusev and the Wyatt family useless feuds and crushed their importance.

Hence, WWE is at the low point that it is now. It's not as bad as the mid 90's or as in that mid-late 00's period. But make no mistake, it's getting there. And this time there's zero excuse because they have all the talent in the world right now. I'm not sure how the booking can be so bad to where everything feels so meaningless and nothing has a payoff.

Vince is completely out of touch with what the fans want. If NXT is any indicator Triple H knows how to remedy that. Sadly though, Vince will never let the control go until he croaks and you can just tell that guy is gonna live till he's close to 90.

19. dabush713

dabush713 Member

Any ROH fans watch Jay Lethal vs Roderick Strong this past week?

20. Beavis Stiffler

Instead of hearing "Let's go Cena" and "Cena Sucks" chants.

We'll be hearing "League of Nations" and "USA" chants for the next couple of weeks until Cena returns from his vacation.