1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The role players on this team are garbage.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 27, 2015.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Aside from Howard (he's a glorified role player at this point), Capela, and Ariza every single role player on this team is utter ****.

Beverley - simply garbage
    Brewer - headless chicken
    Jones - soft and worthless

These three guys form the triumvirate of suck. Contribute nothing to the team and need to be traded.

Thornton - Mr. Streaky
    Lawson - the invisible man

Second tier of suck. These guys have the capability but don't show up as much as they need to. Or in Lawson's case: he doesn't show up at all.

Montrezl - too young
    Jet - too old
    KJ - too raw

Self explanatory.

This team needs some role players who aren't garbage.

#1 DudeWah, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So you're calling out your boy Daryl's major FA signings already?

By the way - great thread. Lots of insight.

1 person likes this.
  3. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Yeah! Morey is a garbage!

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It's confusing Morey really wanted KJ back but for what? Brew is literally playing like the worst player in the league yet he keeps playing while KJ who can do no worse on offense but yet play defense, block shots and rebound gets zero minutes.

It's like they want to win but lose at the same time.. Twilight zone

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I beg you. Dudewah means no harm. Dont destroy him

6. ibm

ibm Member

great,,, we go from ultra talented to completely garbage in a matter of weeks. how did you make that happen?

7. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The coaches should be changed. It's not only player's problem

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Damn I knew letting Josh Smith would come back to bite us. He was the glue for the bench last season.

9. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

I think we did just that.

10. Rocketeer4Life

Brewer has been more of a liability than an asset. We should play KJ when Brewer plays like this.

11. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yup the coaches teach bad passing, sloppy ball handling and overall carelessness that leads to turnovers. They also teach no defense, no rotations, and no offense. Or maybe these are the players Murray assembled on the team? One seems more likely than the other to me...

12. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

Are they garbage... No. but they are currently playing that way. They just need to find a way to stop playing the worst season of each of their careers

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm not sure if it's on Morey entirely. Some of these guys had decent seasons in the past. Brewer was great for us last year. Jones (as much as I dislike him) was never this bad. Lawson has been a top 12 PG in this league for a while.

But yes, Morey deserves some criticism right now. The chemistry of this team is a problem. And the role players are a big part of it.

I'm not really sure what will help this team at this point. But my line of thinking is as follows:

1) The team has to find a way to integrate Lawson effectively. If that can't happen then don't waste anymore time after December or so and trade him. It's obvious that Harden is having major problems without the ball in his hands. He still plays at an MVP level when he can dominate the ball. Lawson, on the other hand is too talented to play 15 minutes off the bench.

2) Hope with everything that D-Mo comes back and is effective as last season. This team sorely needs a competent PF. He provided that last year.

3) Trade Beverley, Brewer, and Jones in some sort of package for 2 competent role players. I'd prefer whoever they trade for to be shooters and/or above average defenders. Because these three guys are none of the above.

Overall, to answer your question. Yeah, I think Morey deserves some flack for this. Not as much as you or any other Morey hater would like to portray. But some? Definitely.

14. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Our guys seem to be lacking in confidence that's all. Once they catch fire we will be a contender.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

They're not to blame. It's the ball's fault for not going through the net.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well lets not make a big deal about rookies and vet min players

Terry, Thornton, Harrell have met their expectations as vet minimum players.

Harden, Howard, Ariza, Capela, Thornton, Terry and Harrell have all been solid for what has been expected. Sure Howard and Ariza have been a little underwhelming offensively (Howard's points, Ariza's efficiency) but its clear they are positives when on the court.

Lawson, Beverley, Brewer, Jones have all been losers. I'm ready for all to go.

Dekker and KJ are blanks at this point. I feel like KJ would be a good alternative player so we can dump Brewer.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dude.......Wah??

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

only the first month....

19. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Trade for Eric Gordon. Seriously. The man would make a huge difference in our guard rotation since he's a good ball handler and passer and he's a laser from the 3pt line. He'd be a solid 30 minute off the bench playing a Ginobili-esque role. He'd make this team so much better.

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

There's a lot of mental issues with this team, begins with James Harden.