1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best message boards for Books

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JBIIRockets, Nov 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Anyone know of a popular well known BBS type forum for books? Trying to be more of a reader these days.

I'd rather ask the BBS here first before googling.

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Try Reddit Books. Good reads and selections. Not too many active forums for books like clutch fans around.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Are you looking for forums where people post e-books (epub, mobi) for sharing or an online book club to discuss a book?

4. what

what Member

What do you mean, like fan fiction, book discussions, writing books?

One option for book suggestions that you might want to check out is several podcasts such as Fresh Air with Terry Gross , All about books, booktv's after words.

1 person likes this.
  5. JBIIRockets

More of an online book club, to get people's opinions if a book is good or not. Last thing I want to do is spend 12.99 on my iPad for a book that isn't interesting.

Hopefully there is a book forum that is as big as this BBS.

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I tend to read a lot, but I get most of my opinions on whether a book is worthy just by reading Amazon reviews. Some smaller books might have shill reviews but most well known books are pretty accurate. Make sure to click the one star reviews to see why that particular person didn't like the book.

1 person likes this.
  7. JBIIRockets

I will look into these.

I mean book-discussions, book-reviews type of forum, hopefully with a lot of members.

For example, I can tell, and have told, people that they should read Killing Kennedy by Bill O'Reilly. The book was incredible. Very informative. And I believe anyone would like the book. So, I'm to trying find forums where other people would suggest to read a particular book.

8. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I like Goodreads.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yah goodreads will give you ideas on different books to read for a lifetime.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Try the Book Barn at somethingawful.com

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=182

somethingawful is one of the biggest (and oldest) bbs's on the internet. A very wide range of forums, and people from all over the world.

Check out all the views alone in the Book Barn.

Their "What have you read lately" thread alone as over 11k responses and over 1 million views.

12. malakas

malakas Member