1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: What in the world is wrong with the Houston Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2015.

1. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Really?
    We brought in Ariza who was an upgrade over Parsons (for his defense) and the team improved.
    We're a 3 point shooting team, without decent 3 point shooters.
    Given we've brought Lawson in and have Harden - both more often than not, poor defenders.
    Then we have the usual suspects who are more often than not injured (Jones, Bev & Howard) * Left out DMo as he's not frequently injured.
    The team undoubtedly has talent, but the mix just seems wrong for the style we play.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So it's all Harden's fault?

I don't think so. Please look at Lawson, Brewer, Terry, TJ...

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stop blaming the role players. Start with "Mr. Cornerstone" himself. :)

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

So your on the trade harden bad wagon too? Wow this site is pitiful....

5. Sanity2disChaos

Trade Harden<kill yourself

6. Sanity2disChaos

This site is crazy

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Quoting yourself?

8. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

He forgot to log out an into his alt account.

9. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

WCF was the peak of Harden/Howard. We need to not be too slow in recognizing this.

Time to rebuild around Harden. Let him grow up, as all the great ones have to (Hakeem did), get a true 2nd and 3rd star (Dwight isn't anymore), and shooters, shooters, shooters.

It's not going to be easy. Winning NBA championships isn't easy.

But all's not lost if we act decisively.

Priority #1 is Durant. Duh. Rant.

Priority #2 is finding Harden his perfect Splash Bro companion. That's a tricky one. Especially since that may be Westbrook.

I don't envy Morey. But winning championships is hard. Harder if you don't strike when the iron is hot.

We're all disappointed at this year. We thought maybe we'd be better than last year's WCF team. We're not. We're worse. See it for what it is and act.

1 person likes this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

I like Clairvoyant Dave's prediction about TJones being traded. Thankfully he somewhat increased his value with some good games here and there.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a huge Dwight fan but I agree. Probably time to move on, Dwight's looking older and older each game and clearly won't be worth max money moving forward. Just get shooters dammit.

12. fbru02

fbru02 Member

Loved the point (and made me really sad) : We fired McHale because the team was not responding defensively and we left in charge the coach of defense which was the boss of defense anyways... Doh !

13. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I admire Dwight and hold him in a higher esteem now than when we got him.

But it is what it is.

I just see it as very, very unlikely that last year was not this H2-thing's apex.

The team ripping a hole in the NBA is a team playing like a hybrid of Spursball (passing) and Moreyball (3s).

We have one of the best players in the NBA. All's not lost. Time to get back at it.

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Thanks again Maury!

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So all the blames on the players? Depressing.

3 years ago, we saw how the team performed when Harden is out injured. Above expectation. That's the problem and 3 years later, they still haven't figured out a way to solve that. McHale is gone as a result. Last year was special because Harden was the MVP. It has been a failure of the system and of the coaching staff to not have fixed this issue after 3 years. They tried, but they haven't been successful.

16. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Some feedback on the Navy Seals speech : (from Reddit)

I just listened to Chris Finch's interview on 790 and he described the interaction of this event pretty well. He mentioned that he had a portion of his speech focused directly on James, describing what a leader does for his men from little pick-me-up's to helping each person understand their role better to being the coach's right hand. The team was glued to everything he said from start to finish.

17. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Harden will be leaving and taking his talent to Hollywood soon.

I foresee Durant and Harden forming a new big three in LA, once Kobe retires.
    I'm not sure who's the third guy.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

More power to those guys then. At this point I wouldn't mind getting a package of young players and draft picks for Harden to rebuild.

Never in the past 35 years has an NBA team won it all with their best player being only a one way player.

2 people like this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

that's great I hope it's true. :) At this point it seems the team is doing all the "intervention" they can in the nicest way possible to fix Harden's mentality. I hope he gets it finally.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

maybe we can just make the navy seal an assistant coach with the team, since apparently finch & dunn were never able to explain to our players their roles on the team :rolleyes: