1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Running

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MadMax, Aug 28, 2003.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

<b>Hillary Running</b> sounds like the title of a comic novel to me.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Bill Clinton was about the most loved American President abroad since Kennedy. Europeans love him, Japanese love him, and most of them still do. Except for maybe in Serbia, I guess

Bush is about the least popular president abroad ever. Europeans hate him, Asians don't like him, don't even ask about middle easterners. They burn his picture in the streets in Indonesia. Hell, the man managed to lose a global popularity contest to Sadaam Hussein, a bloody dictator! That's not too good.

Ironically enough, most people abroad don't give a damn about Hilary moving to New York or Whitewater or Monica Lewinsky. So would she be as popular as Bill was and is? No, but she would be hard pressed to keep up W's record unpopularity.

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

SamFisher, I do not know what circles you travel in when you are overseas. However, your assessment is off on both Bush and Clinton.

The Europeans and Japanese loved him because he groveled at their feet. They did not respect him, and Clinton reduced respect for Americans abroad.

Bush the Younger is not loved there but he is respected because, even though he can charm the socks right off people (and they would offer their shoes to go with them), he doesn't take their guff in public or private.

Oh, by the way, I do not live in Houston during the summer. Also, I have property and relatives in Arkansas. My cousin is the Democratic Chairman for his county. According to him and all the people I know there, the consensus is for stringing up the Clintons -- by the thumbs.:D I might add also that the people of Tennessee felt almost as strongly about Gore -- he didn't even win his home state.

#63 thumbs, Aug 29, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  4. giddyup

Thank you. Now I know where you got your moniker.

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

What are you smoking, and why aren't you sharing any of it with the rest of us???????

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Sam,

I never said that Dubya was as popular as BC; I did say that our nation as a whole is hated by many countries. It was hated when BC ran it and it is hated now.

You are saying that Bill was so loved in Europe. Does that mean if Hillary is in charge of the US that France may actually like us again? LOL...yea, because she is the wife of the beloved sax playing president.:rolleyes:

The animosity against the US is pretty much at an all-time high right now; it really doesn't matter who is in charge, republican or democrat, or will be in the next election. We need someone who can do some damage control. I don't see Hillary being that person. I see her being someone to pour gasoline on the fire.

7. thumbs

I've never smoked anything in my life except some hams and ribs in the barbecue pit.:D Say, maybe someday we should all sit down for some 'cue and ice tea at Otto's.

8. RocketMan Tex

No Otto's for me, but if you are up for some ribs at Williams Brothers Smokehouse, I'm there!:D

9. thumbs

That's a new one on me, but, if their ribs titilate the ol' taste buds, I'm there too come October.;)

10. thumbs

I appreciate the sentiment, but I am not sure I understand it. (It's Friday, and I've given myself a 4-day vacation from anything that requires dedicated brain cells.)

11. RocketMan Tex

Best ribs in Houston, except for the ones that will be in my smoker on Sunday. You should definitely check it out when you are in town.

12. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

So to recap:

Hillary owns conservatives. :)

13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

What should I call myself?

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If "owns" means "galvanizes voter base", then I guess you're right. :D

#74 ima_drummer2k, Aug 29, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Exactly. If T_J can claim to own people on this board, it's save to agree with this statement.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

how about andy? :)

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it's not just conservatives here who said they didn't like her, Achebe. Major said the same...I'd hardly put him in the conservative camp.

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Over the Bush administration's curtailing of civil liberties, hiding information from the American people about both domestic and foreign issues, and Bush's propensity for imitating marionettes, yes.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Seriously, what democratic candidate right now isn't going to galvinize the conservative voter base?

20. giddyup

Happy holiday! You said that Arkansans were for hanging Clinton up by his thumbs....