1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Bickerstaff for a bag of chips?

2. fattz

fattz Member

Your line up is not that bad as is, but with the returns on Howard, Ariza and Jones just adds value.
    Wants
    Byron Scott type player --> he made it possible for M Johnson to play point. --> Harden point
    NOT C Parsons but a player like him to help move the ball around, score and play some D (like in his rookie season)

I would like the DMo / Capela combo better if Capela somehow developed some range to his game.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Ok ...lol don't take this that seriously but what do you think of this trade :
    Dec 15 (if Lawson continues to not have found his former self and provided he doesnt' go to jail ofc):
    Lawson + Thornton (or whoever at a vet min contract)
    for
    Plumplee, Copeland and Vazquez.

Why :
    Gives a third C for when Howard misses games or Capela is in foul trouble, a pg who can shoot threes and is tall to guard sf (dont' expect very good defence though) and can make clutch shots, and Copeland a sf who can shoot.(but can't defend well).

Lawson gets another chance to run a team.
    No firsts at most a second in two years added.

Humphries is doing it for the first time in his carreer and it's been only very few games and he didn't even did it from the start of the season.(he didn't make the 3s.). So it's clearly extremely premature to label him a stretch 4. It's not like he's a player in his rookie contract when development is expected and usually lasts. It could be a progress and just as easilly it could be just a fluke. (more likely).
    Bargnani has the iq of a turnip and makes straight up decisions that hurt his team. I watched him again this year and he hasn't changed even if he comes off the bench.

4. basketballholic

Nitpick all you want malakas. Both KHump and Bargs are far better options for us on the floor than Terrence. Bargs will likely be acquireable for a late second rounder. And I'd flip Bev and Terrence for KHump and Ramon Sessions in a hot second.

5. ROCSFANFROMCAN

I understand Moreys philosophy and I’m not necessarily against it, but I think it can still be implemented within an offensive system. The way we are playing right now is drop in style basketball where we just run up and down the floor and set a couple picks every so often or iso Harden. Whats wrong with running some actual plays to free guys up? You can do that and still shoot 3s and layups, they will just be more open and it will get guys moving instead of one guy with the ball and 4 guys standing around.

Individual player wise:

Howard - I’ve always believed Howard will never be as effective or an offensive threat until he has an actual stretch 4 around him (Similar to his Orlando days) he needs space to move and work. Right now you throw him the ball and he just gets stripped. I know he’s not the best post player but we’ve seen from the past that when he is scoring that it opens up the game and makes everything easier. You have to have some kind of inside game or else teams can defend you fairly easy. And yes I know Dmo is an option and everyone is hoping he comes back, but he’s not playing nor do we know if or when he will be back to last years level of playing.

Lawson - Has been a disappointment so far but I’m not surprised. He’s a guy that needs that ball in his hands and thats just not happening. We gotta find a way for Harden and Lawson to share the touches for this team to get anywhere. It’s either share the touches and get him more involved or trade him, no use of putting a player like him on the bench or playing him for 15 mins a game. Also one of his best weapons is his ability to get into the paint, I think having a stretch 4 would allow this more often.

Harden - He got to play some defence at the end of the day. He’s the leader of this team and players will follow by example. I guarantee that if he came out and worked his butt off on defence the team would follow him, no doubt in my mind. But it starts and ends with him. He’s also got to find a way to work with Lawson.

Im not going to get into all the players because this team is only going to go as far as these 3 guys take them… I think something thats common between all these guys is spacing. Ariza helps spacing, but Jones doesn’t. Sure he hits a couple 3s here and there but other teams don’t try and defend against it, they will let Jones try and beat them from 3. We need a player like Ryan Anderson (Doesn’t have to be him) to open some things up, teams would not dare a Ryan Anderson type player to shoot, they have to stick with him. I think with a couple set plays, some defensive effort, some motion and a stretch 4 this team can turn everything around in a heartbeat and be back in the running. Sure things look bad now but all we have to do is get into the playoffs and anything can happen from there. But I don’t see us getting very far with this current system and the team as its currently constructed.

6. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

What would we need to give up to get Gallinari here?

7. malakas

malakas Member

Nitpick on what exactly? That 10 games arent enough sample to name a long time vet a stretch 4? That Bargnani makes years and years idiotic decisions that cost his teams straight up games? :grin: :rolleyes:
    Find a top10 pick.

8. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

You really think he's worth that much? I love him but I wouldn't say he's that good. Maybe like Ariza, Jones and a future 1st for Gallo and Lauvergne

9. basketballholic

Nuggets won't trade him if they're waiting to get a top 10 pick.

10. malakas

malakas Member

If he can prove hes healthy yes. A combo forward who can shoot that well is still young and more importantly is locked up in a good contract for many years in the middle of the cap rise?
    Ariza is worthless to the nuggets since they are rebuilding and lauvergne they love him. I think he will end up in boston if they can get a star like boogie there for one of the brooklyn firsts.(they got three).

11. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Just answering the Gallinari question... Not that I would really love to dish Dwight, but he plays like 50 games a season now but still has value for now (and BOS need a center pretty badly to contend)

Denver in: Kelly Olynk, David Lee (salary), Minnesota's 2016 1st round pick (owned by Boston)

Boston in: Dwight Howard

Houston in: Avery Bradley, Danilo Gallinari

12. malakas

malakas Member

The minny first becomes two seconds next year if i remember correctly. Meaning very bae value.

13. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Anybody down for a trade for Z-Bo?

We need a big body at the 4. He's great down low. He boxes out very well too.

Brewer/Jones for Z-Bo?

14. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Oh yep you're right. Top 12 protected and then two seconds if it doesn't transfer this year. I think they have the Mavs and their own pick as well.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd sure think about Lawson & Jones for ZBo & C.Lee.

(haven't done the math , don't know if it works)

Getting Lee for Lawson .... I think is just about ideal in terms of fit next to Harden.

But .... that doesn't really solve the problem at the 4 when you factor in Dwert. Neither ZBo or Dwert can really operate outside the paint .... and that's why you would move Jones - To get a guy who's able to stretch the defense out more than Jones.

I'd sure be looking for a way to move Brewer tho .... He has been abysmal this season.

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Josh Smith reportedly yelled obscenities at a Clippers coach- would anybody trade Terrence Jones for Josh Smith? Does it work under the cap?

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I miss my smooveee

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I was thinking of taking bets on how long that would happen, lol. Too late now.

19. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I like it for the most part. If we were to do a 1-2 year rebuild around Harden, DMo and Capela I'd make this move.

20. dmoneybangbang

Assuming DMo looks right and is playing his way into big minutes and we've managed to stay in the playoffs/in the playoff hunt:

Target the following players

Issiah Thomas - ~$6.5 mil (good contract)
    Luis Scola ~ $3 mill and expiring
    or
    Taj Gibson ~$8.5 mil (somewhat good contract)

Isiah Thomas gets buckets everywhere he goes and Luis Scola would be good off the bench for 15-20 minutes of pnr elbow jumpers, some post moves, and hustle. A package could be assembled of any combination of TJones, Lawson, Bev, Brewer, Dekker, KJ McDaniels (last resort), and picks. Preferably a package of TJones, Lawson, Brewer, 2nd round pick(s) for Isiah Thomas, Scola, and picks/fillers.

Bev/Thomas/Terry
    Harden/Thornton/Thomas
    Ariza/KJ McDaniels
    DMo/Scola/Harrell
    Capela/Howard/Scola