1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the season over?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CometsWin, Nov 21, 2015.

?

Is the season over?

1. It's definitely over

27.6%
  2. It's not over quite yet

33.7%
  3. We still have plenty of time, it's not over

28.7%
  4. Play Harder!

10.0%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Relax. This is only like 3 games in an NFL season. We just had a 1-2 start. We're gonna finish the season 14-2 and get a first round bye. ;)

Seriously, Les is kneejerking. Who knows what stupid thing he is going to do to get the situation even worse. Maybe he'll trade Morey for Hinkie and we can go the Sixers route.

2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

It's pretty easy. Most of us were around this past offseason, especially after Morey pulled (what was then considered) a lopsided trade for elite playmaking PG, Ty Lawson. His addition was supposed to balance our offensive attack; it's what Harden singularly demanded from Morey to keep defenses honest.

Morey also re-signed the majority of the playoff rotation (with the notable exception of Josh Smith) because it was time to build consistency and maintain chemistry.

Why???

Because after reaching the WCF, after adding Lawson, and after the strong offseason development of Clint Capela -- we are supposed to be CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDERS.

So merely backing into the playoffs to get bounced by GSW or SA or OKC in the 1st round DOES NOT MAKE A SEASON. This isn't 3-4 years ago.

So the real question is: does THIS team (including coaches) have what it takes internally (this goes way beyond 'analytics') to turn it around and decisively BEAT UP 'lesser' teams, and COMPETE against other contenders? Can they set aside their fragile egos, grow some BALLS, MAN UP, and put in the WORK to develop real TEAM chemistry???

That's what it all boils down to, really.

So who's going to step up and take on that LEADERSHIP role? Who among them has that CHAMPIONSHIP heart it takes to lead men?

Rookie Head Coach, JB? Howard? Jason Terry???

NOPE.

My view is that James Harden has until the All-Star Break to prove he can LEAD the TEAM (meaning, he has to win back the hearts AND solidarity of his teammates). TOGETHER they must produce a spectacular turnaround to SAVE the season.

Anything short of that, and inflated HEADS MUST F***ING ROLL.

ENOUGH OF THIS BULL****.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17% of the season is over

4. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

so in your mind, not playing close to well enough to win championship in first quarter of season = season is over

weird

5. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

this hasnt happened, so the season isnt over

6. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Correct.

I never said it was. Read the last half of my post again.

7. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

fair enough, go rockets

8. afk

afk Member

There is still optimism in this poll because I don't see a "blow up the team" option. Relax.

9. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Harden and Howard will come through in the end I believe

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Well I didn't watch the Memphis/Knicks games but just from the final scores of both games at least they didn't get BLOWN OUT by 20 points+ for a change. Logic tells me that if Howard played in every game this season and we had a healthy Beverly plus a DMO the Rockets record would be different in spite of all the "Dysfunctional off season" Rockets reality TV we've been witnessing at the start of this year.

Saying all this to say this season isn't a total LOSS just yet. The western conference other than the Warriors hasn't run away with anything "record wise" so the Rockets should consider themselves lucky to still be in shooting range for a playoff spot as they get their team chemistry back on track for a run.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Time wise I wouldn't be concerned, there is still plenty of time to get the 2 or 3 seed, most of the conference has disappointed.

But this team isn't good, for whatever reason. We get blown out, or we struggle to beat bad teams.It isn't just effort either, although that has been a part of it. There is simply no flow or order to what we do. At this point I'm not even mad anymore, acceptance has set it. I'm more curious about what Morey is gonna do to address it.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Is not over. I'm see some life with Bickerstaff

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Mr Clutch -- is that you?

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The goal of this season was supposed to be WCFs or bust.

If you use that as context, rather than some readjustment to your goals, then this season is over wrt getting a #2 or #3 seed to be on the opposite side of GSWs bracket, or beating SAS first round from the other side of the bracket.

15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

We're going to be 5-6th seed so prepare to face SAS/LAC/OKC first round LOL!!

16. dmoneybangbang

We're a longshot to turn it around quickly enough to become a contender again. We are most certainly still in win mode now but we could see a major re-shuffling as early as mid-season.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not sure how anybody can say we're anything but an 7 or 8 seed at best. We won't come close to the 5th seed.

18. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

no its not but it makes me sad to know with this much talent that we're in this situation ...

19. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

The season is no where close to being over. Shooters are just not hitting shots and that will change. No one is going to beat GS barring injury but unless we play them we will make it out of the first round. I hate Curry.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

technically the season's not over until harden's gf sings