1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Mark Jackson be a good fit for HC?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by knucklehead3321, Nov 22, 2015.

1. knucklehead3321

Thats what kinda drew me to him, within 3 years he took them from obscurity to 50 plus win team. His fallout with management was his downfall, and everything I've read was due to him wanting to run everthing I dont he could coexist with morey now. Personally I'd rather have morey because if we continue to be the laughing stock of the league morey will make changes and NOONE will be untouchable.

2. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

No. To get the best out of Harden you need someone from the Team USA staff. Harden played the best ball of his career after playing the summer with the Team USA coaching staff.

Thibs is the answer.

3. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

His real problem is that he's annoying as hell.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Bogut said he hated Jackson because of his stupid sermons before every game.

5. knucklehead3321

Understandable, im not religous, but have no problems with people who are proud of their beleifs although they should never be forced on anyone. I had a coach like that in high school, the team liked the guy when we played ball. As soon as his "sermons" started he lost most of the teams interest almost instantly... everything became a joke. I honestly had no idea m.jackson was so into his religion, I would have never guessed it.

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I would leave the country.

You know how some guys use their TV commentary to audition for a coaching job somewhere? Mark Jackson's TV commentary is one long excruciating failed audition. He doesn't belong in front of a microphone, let alone a bench.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

As much as I hate hate hate hate hate to admit it, that Warriors team is so damned talented that a rookie coach got them a championship last year and another rookie coach has them undefeated so far this season. Mark Jackson is such a BAD coach that he could get the job done there. No thanks.
    <BR>

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ban the Rockets from the city of Houston if Mark Jackson is our idea of a coaching upgrade

9. NickKent

NickKent Member

No. We'd just see more Harden isoball.

10. BackdoorHarden

He didn't get anywhere close to a title. He used Thompson, Barnes, Curry all on ISO. All these guys improved after MJ left because Kerr put in a ball movement system.

MJ would get them to play Defense though

11. BackdoorHarden

Iso Harden and no defense Harden because that's how Jackson used Curry.

Told Curry to save his energy on defense and called Iso play for Curry...and everyone else.

12. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

This is the same stuff I heard about Jackson.

He would do more harm than good and that's the last thing the org. needs at this moment in time.

13. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

No I don't want a motivator speaker... he held gsw back sometimes they wouldnt practice

14. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

How about D'Antoni?

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

16. malakas

malakas Member

Marc Jackson is absolutely the WORST possible fit for this team.
    In about a month he would have turned players against each other, he will have stopped any semblance of off ball movement that we already lack it will be 100% only Harden iso all the time and always, and he will have fought with Morey and fired a couple of assistants.
    Heck to the no. I will stop following the Rockets until he got fired if that happened.

I prefer Scott Brooks a million times more than Jackson and I think Brooks is an idiot coach.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Bring back Adelman

18. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Um, who the hell is HC?

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

No, he is not.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Jackson would be a good hire for a year or two if the goal was to instill some toughness and commitment. Probably not the guy to take a team to championship level. Not the right fit here, because, although we need some toughness and commitment, we don't have 2 years to waste simply instilling those virtues. What we need is a coach who can come in WITH those values and also challenge for a championship.

I don't know who that is though.